General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Run, bike shops, and running trails Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-08 2:32 PM

Subject: Looking for Run, bike shops, and running trails
I'm visiting for to weeks from Iowa. I'll be in Fairbanks, Anchorage, and Seward. I' looking for run and bike shops to check out while I'm up there. Also looking for some good running trails that are close to each city. Thanks

2014-07-16 11:47 PM
in reply to: ipsc shooter

Subject: RE: Looking for Run, bike shops, and running trails
Skinny Raven in Anchorage is a great store, Chain Reaction is a great bike store, so is the Bicycle Shop. I can't really tell you much about Fairbanks and Seward. Anchorage has an amazing trail system. The coastal trail is really scenic, Kincaid Park has great rails. They are mostly connected. If you go to Skinny Raven in Downtown Anchorage they can point you in the right directions. Skinny Raven also does a free Tuesday night pub run which is lots of fun if you are in Anchorage on a Tuesday evening. If you are on Facebook you can look for Skinny Raven and get details.
Hope this helps. :-)
2014-07-18 8:26 AM
in reply to: #5023130

Subject: RE: Looking for Run, bike shops, and running trails
Thanks, ran above the artic circle yesterday. Heading to heading south tomorrow.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Looking for Run, bike shops, and running trails Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Running shops in Fairbanks?

Started by sanhador
Views: 1800 Posts: 3

2015-03-18 5:36 PM pagesculptor

Places to run in Anchorage

Started by jbwills
Views: 1054 Posts: 2

2012-10-01 11:55 AM calluna
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 28, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I can train for half marathons on pavement and on trails, but as soon as I change it up to gravel or loose dirt my knee swells and the pain it causes is unreal. Any ideas why this happens?

date : January 29, 2007
author : sportfactory
comments : 1
When first going aero, your shop should begin by putting you in the least aggressive position. This means the aerobar pads will be almost level or just below the saddle.
date : July 30, 2006
author : AMSSM
I started riding this spring with the Carnac shoes on Look pedals (with plenty of float). About five minutes into a ride I get sharp pain on the outer edge of my feet, just behind the pedal.

date : January 1, 2006
author : Ontherun
Tis the season to shop. These are a few of my plans when I go out looking for a new ride.
date : October 17, 2004
author : smeeko
Discover the joys of trail running while also giving your body many benefits.

date : September 19, 2004
author : Machiavelo
Do you have a bicycle and do not know where to begin to find one if you do not? How should go about choosing a bicycle that will be best suited for your needs?