Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2014-07-31 6:45 PM
in reply to: pga_mike

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI
Subject: RE: Is Tiger Woods done?

I feel like he'll win again and I wouldn't be surprised if it is at the PGA (which is at Whistling Straits next year...and I HAVE played it!).  I also agree with pga_mike that he has certainly used some type of PED in his time.  His links to the doctors, his endless supply of cash to get the best (similiar to Lance), and his body transformation are all legitimate signs.  In light of this unfair advantage and his awesome skills on the course, he will win more majors.  The real question is whether he will ultimately catch Jack.  I sure hope not.  Jack is and always will be the King.

2014-07-31 10:02 PM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by pga_mike

Beside his RAPID-DRAMATIC body changes after leaving college, and the equally rapid decline in his fitness when the Tour started testing for PED's, there is his use of Anthony Galea.

Where there is smoke...

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-paid-anthony-galea-76k-14-visits-new-book-says

If that's all you've got Mike, and you believe that convicts somebody of PED use, well, that's your prerogative. Most experts would say you're dead wrong.
If Haney (who has written a lot of unflattering stuff about Tiger) is defending Tiger, that says a lot.
btw, "body changes after college?"
Are you serious???
If I showed you pictures of me during college and after, I guess you'd suspect me of PED use as well.
Now when you start posting these dramatic body changes of Tiger's make sure you get some of him healthy and training, and then put them side by side with the guy when he was recuperating from multiple surgeries...or emotional rollercoasters following the infidelity scandals at the end of '09 That'll sure be mighty convincing!
Perhaps you could start suspecting Dustin Johnson of shenanigans too now that he's taken a mysterious leave of absence from the tour...he sure does look strong and drives that ball really far...hmmm...

btw, your post sounded very convincing...until one realizes the Tour started testing for PEDs in '09.
Pretty amazing that this guy who (in your words) allegedly depended so strongly upon PEDs to succeed, won 6 tournaments in '09, was #1 on the money list in '09, and was the PGA Player of the Year. Wow, must have found a way to hide his PED use eh? Oh wait, no, you said his physique rapidly declined at that point...wait, which is it? Was he doing them or not doing them in '09?

THEN, Tiger is 2nd on the earnings list in '12...THEN he wins 6 tournaments in '13, 1st on the earnings list, and wins yet another Player of the Year.
Wow, must have been borrowing Vijay Singh's deer antlers by then eh?
As John Stossel of Fox News (formerly of 20/20) would say, "Give me a break."

2014-08-01 5:54 AM
in reply to: Jackemy1

User image

Champion
NOVA - Ironic for an Endurance Athlete

Originally posted by Jackemy1 Tiger Woods made a lot of golfers very, very rich. And every single one to them who flew flew over to Firestone in their private jet hopes the answer to your question is no. IMO, the talent pool has caught up to him. When he came on tour he changed the paradigm of the sport. There was nobody like him. It was a common thought that being in athletic shape and tall was a disadvantage. Remember when lifting weights hurt the swing and being tall left a lot of room for swing flaws. The tour was filled with homemade swings and a guys with nicknames like The Walrus. The new generation of tours players grew up idolizing Tiger. They have been surrounded by swing coaches, trainers, mental coaches, and so on much of their golfing lives. Tiger is done, It is just that the rest of the tour players have up'd their game. I think he still has a few majors left in him just by the simple fact that his win percentage per starts is still ridiculous.

A guy nicknamed "The duck" - Angel Cabrera has won a couple of tournaments with a belly

And the "Mechanic" may be in the worst physical condition of anyone in the history of the game.

Peterson, Montgomery, etc.

2014-08-01 5:57 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Beside his RAPID-DRAMATIC body changes after leaving college, and the equally rapid decline in his fitness when the Tour started testing for PED's, there is his use of Anthony Galea.

Where there is smoke...

http://www.golf.com/tour-and-news/tiger-woods-paid-anthony-galea-76k-14-visits-new-book-says

If that's all you've got Mike, and you believe that convicts somebody of PED use, well, that's your prerogative. Most experts would say you're dead wrong. If Haney (who has written a lot of unflattering stuff about Tiger) is defending Tiger, that says a lot. btw, "body changes after college?" Are you serious??? If I showed you pictures of me during college and after, I guess you'd suspect me of PED use as well. Now when you start posting these dramatic body changes of Tiger's make sure you get some of him healthy and training, and then put them side by side with the guy when he was recuperating from multiple surgeries...or emotional rollercoasters following the infidelity scandals at the end of '09 That'll sure be mighty convincing! Perhaps you could start suspecting Dustin Johnson of shenanigans too now that he's taken a mysterious leave of absence from the tour...he sure does look strong and drives that ball really far...hmmm... btw, your post sounded very convincing...until one realizes the Tour started testing for PEDs in '09. Pretty amazing that this guy who (in your words) allegedly depended so strongly upon PEDs to succeed, won 6 tournaments in '09, was #1 on the money list in '09, and was the PGA Player of the Year. Wow, must have found a way to hide his PED use eh? Oh wait, no, you said his physique rapidly declined at that point...wait, which is it? Was he doing them or not doing them in '09? THEN, Tiger is 2nd on the earnings list in '12...THEN he wins 6 tournaments in '13, 1st on the earnings list, and wins yet another Player of the Year. Wow, must have been borrowing Vijay Singh's deer antlers by then eh? As John Stossel of Fox News (formerly of 20/20) would say, "Give me a break."

Did you pay convicted Canadian "Doctor" Anthony Galea $74,000 for 14 home visits?  Tiger did.  Done and done.

Edited by pga_mike 2014-08-01 5:58 AM
2014-08-01 6:01 AM

User image

Champion

Where there is smoke...

If that's all you've got Mike, and you believe that convicts somebody of PED use, well, that's your prerogative. Most experts would say you're dead wrong. If Haney (who has written a lot of unflattering stuff about Tiger) is defending Tiger, that says a lot. btw, "body changes after college?" Are you serious??? If I showed you pictures of me during college and after, I guess you'd suspect me of PED use as well. Now when you start posting these dramatic body changes of Tiger's make sure you get some of him healthy and training, and then put them side by side with the guy when he was recuperating from multiple surgeries...or emotional rollercoasters following the infidelity scandals at the end of '09 That'll sure be mighty convincing! Perhaps you could start suspecting Dustin Johnson of shenanigans too now that he's taken a mysterious leave of absence from the tour...he sure does look strong and drives that ball really far...hmmm... btw, your post sounded very convincing...until one realizes the Tour started testing for PEDs in '09. Pretty amazing that this guy who (in your words) allegedly depended so strongly upon PEDs to succeed, won 6 tournaments in '09, was #1 on the money list in '09, and was the PGA Player of the Year. Wow, must have found a way to hide his PED use eh? Oh wait, no, you said his physique rapidly declined at that point...wait, which is it? Was he doing them or not doing them in '09? THEN, Tiger is 2nd on the earnings list in '12...THEN he wins 6 tournaments in '13, 1st on the earnings list, and wins yet another Player of the Year. Wow, must have been borrowing Vijay Singh's deer antlers by then eh? As John Stossel of Fox News (formerly of 20/20) would say, "Give me a break."

Did you pay convicted Canadian "Doctor" Anthony Galea $74,000 for 14 home visits?  Tiger did.  Done and done.

2014-08-01 7:02 AM

User image

Regular
I will continue to site his miraculous recovery times from injury prior to testing and how everything lingers now. In 2008 he won the US open 8 weeks removed from knee surgery while dealing with stress fractures in his tibia and a torn ACL. His achillies still isn't completely healed and he injured that in 2009. He missed 3 months with an MCL sprain in 2011, he played for over 12 months with a torn ACL in 2007 - 2008.

And yes I am skeptical of all pro athletes. This is the time we live in, there is just too much money at stake to not try to give yourself the advantage. I personally know pro athletes who have made the choice to give it up because they aren't willing to use PEDs to keep up with the Joneses.

All that said I think Tiger has a couple more major wins in him. He is/was definitely good for the game. Tournaments are more exciting when he plays.

2014-08-01 3:13 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Elite

Where there is smoke...

You should throw Olympic swimmer Dara Torres into the convo too I guess. Because according to you, Galea ONLY specialized in PED use, right?
Pretty broad brush strokes there Mike. With that broad stroke, what PEDs do you believe Tiger used? Beta blockers? Testosterone? HGH? Anabolic steroids? Or was it a cocktail of all the above? Guilt by association...do you see any problems with that?

Edited by ChineseDemocracy 2014-08-01 3:22 PM
2014-08-01 3:42 PM
in reply to: Its Only Money

User image

Elite
Originally posted by Its Only Money

I will continue to site his miraculous recovery times from injury prior to testing and how everything lingers now. In 2008 he won the US open 8 weeks removed from knee surgery while dealing with stress fractures in his tibia and a torn ACL. His achillies still isn't completely healed and he injured that in 2009. He missed 3 months with an MCL sprain in 2011, he played for over 12 months with a torn ACL in 2007 - 2008.

And yes I am skeptical of all pro athletes. This is the time we live in, there is just too much money at stake to not try to give yourself the advantage. I personally know pro athletes who have made the choice to give it up because they aren't willing to use PEDs to keep up with the Joneses.

All that said I think Tiger has a couple more major wins in him. He is/was definitely good for the game. Tournaments are more exciting when he plays.

Its Only Money, the Galea visits allegedly took place in 2009...several months AFTER he won the '08 US Open on 1 leg in perhaps one of the gutsiest Major golf championship finishes ever.
Are you implying (with ZERO proof I might add) that Tiger was using PEDs prior to PGA testing that began in '09?
Believe it or not, nothing you posted regarding Tiger's injury history, and I repeat nothing, indicates he ever used a performance enhancing drug.
Compare Tiger's swing (which is incredibly physically demanding) and read up on the ridiculous workouts he put his body through and you might have a better idea of why he's had to deal with injuries most pro golfers haven't had to deal with.
Then again, why do that when we can just assume the worst, right?

btw, I too am skeptical of pro athletes and PED use. When it comes to golf though, I don't care how much muscle mass a player has, success is going to come down to hand-eye coordination and mental focus. THE biggest PED threat to golf is beta blocker usage. Artificially controlling your heart rate is a game changer, especially at the professional level. If there's a way to control either the release or effect of adrenaline in the body, that too would be a huge game changer.

(a little off-topic) Banning Dustin Johnson for coke use seems silly. Is coke a performance enhancer? I'd find that hard to believe. Heck, he might deserve extra credit for playing as well as he has whilst ridin' the white pony.

2014-08-04 5:01 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

North Augusta, South Carolina

(a little off-topic) Banning Dustin Johnson for coke use seems silly. Is coke a performance enhancer? I'd find that hard to believe. Heck, he might deserve extra credit for playing as well as he has whilst ridin' the white pony.

I'm most definitely not a Tiger Woods fan, but is his career over? No. His body, though, has been put through the wringer. I wasn't surprised by the left knee injury years ago. The power and torque created by his golf swing (as well as the hours and hours beating balls throughout his lifetime) is most definitely taking its toll. I think Tiger returned after back surgery too early this season...now he's down and out again with a back injury (unless he, too, is under a PGA ban, and his publicist is putting their own spin on it).

Now...the comment about D.J. Seriously? He shouldn't be suspended because he's popped on the pisser multiple times for shoving cocaine up his nose? While D.J. is a phenomenal talent, he's been battling his own demons for most of his adult life. Previous suspensions didn't make an impact. It's time that he stop denying reality and own up to the fact that he's got a serious problem before he ends up dead in a hotel room.
2014-08-04 6:34 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
Is Tiger done? Yup. I said no last week but another setback with his back, unless he takes the rest of the year off to get himself back to as healthy as he can be I don't see these nagging injuries going away again. He'll win more weekly events but I have my doubts about more than 1 more major at the most.
2014-08-04 6:43 AM
in reply to: glfprncs

User image

Elite
Originally posted by glfprncs

I'm most definitely not a Tiger Woods fan, but is his career over? No. His body, though, has been put through the wringer. I wasn't surprised by the left knee injury years ago. The power and torque created by his golf swing (as well as the hours and hours beating balls throughout his lifetime) is most definitely taking its toll. I think Tiger returned after back surgery too early this season...now he's down and out again with a back injury (unless he, too, is under a PGA ban, and his publicist is putting their own spin on it).

Now...the comment about D.J. Seriously? He shouldn't be suspended because he's popped on the pisser multiple times for shoving cocaine up his nose? While D.J. is a phenomenal talent, he's been battling his own demons for most of his adult life. Previous suspensions didn't make an impact. It's time that he stop denying reality and own up to the fact that he's got a serious problem before he ends up dead in a hotel room.

Sorry Nancy, I should have used a sarc font there. Rules are rules. It blows my mind folks that talented time and time again waste their natural talent for cheap, fleeting thrills. But, that said, from what I've read, nothing makes me worry he'll be found dead...it doesn't appear to be like this guy's whacked out on any hard stuff that'll kill him. He tested positive at different times apparently for weed and coke. Maybe he just occasionally dabbles in coke and got busted. idk.
Hopefully he can get clean I think he can due to the fact (from what I've read) that he voluntarily left the Tour as opposed to being suspended.
What makes his eventual return to the Tour a bit more uncomfortable is the rumor he was intimately involved with two other professional's wives. Now THAT'S an uncomfortable locker room.

2014-08-04 12:58 PM

User image

Expert
Menomonee Falls, WI

Haven't heard all the details of his little setback at Bridgestone, but it sure seems like age and the nagging injuries that come with it are definitely having a big impact on his game and his life-long quest of beating Jack's major record.  It just keeps getting more interesting as every major ticks by.  I am really looking forward to watching the PGA Championship this week because, quite frankly, I don't need Tiger to keep me interested in watching the sport.  I find the young group of kids out there today (Mcllroy, Spieth, Fowler) much more exciting to watch than an old, cranky, perverted, steroid-enhanced fella stealing Jack's record.  BOOM!

2014-08-04 1:25 PM
in reply to: sbsmann

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I was going to add a response to some of the other posts about the "need" for Tiger to be in golf.

I would have agreed with that for a long stretch.  Probably 98-2010?  But honestly, I don't miss Tiger at all if Adam Scott, McIlroy, Bubba, Fowler, DJ, Stenson, even Kutcher and Duffner are in a tournament and contending.  Those guys are just as fun to watch as Tiger, IMO.

2014-08-04 2:55 PM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Originally posted by Kido

I was going to add a response to some of the other posts about the "need" for Tiger to be in golf.

I would have agreed with that for a long stretch.  Probably 98-2010?  But honestly, I don't miss Tiger at all if Adam Scott, McIlroy, Bubba, Fowler, DJ, Stenson, even Kutcher and Duffner are in a tournament and contending.  Those guys are just as fun to watch as Tiger, IMO.

I truly wish I could be honest in saying that I agree with you.  Because those guys you listed are very talented.  But I simply don't watch unless Tiger is in contention.  Either I fall asleep trying to watch, or I simply don't even tune in.  I had nothing better to do yesterday, so I turned on the Bridgestone right as Rory and Sergio were teeing off.  Rory makes birdie on the first hole...game on.  Zzzzz...I woke up a few times in between, but I didn't really wake up until 3-4 holes left.  That par 3 late shut the door, and I changed the channel.

2014-08-04 5:00 PM
in reply to: jonD81

User image

Franklin, TN

Originally posted by jonD81 Is Tiger done? Yup. I said no last week but another setback with his back, unless he takes the rest of the year off to get himself back to as healthy as he can be I don't see these nagging injuries going away again. He'll win more weekly events but I have my doubts about more than 1 more major at the most.

+2

I agree.  He's 38, not old age-wise, but his body has broken down.  I don't think Jack is worried anymore.

2014-08-04 6:44 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
Originally posted by Jason N

I truly wish I could be honest in saying that I agree with you.  Because those guys you listed are very talented.  But I simply don't watch unless Tiger is in contention.  Either I fall asleep trying to watch, or I simply don't even tune in.  I had nothing better to do yesterday, so I turned on the Bridgestone right as Rory and Sergio were teeing off.  Rory makes birdie on the first hole...game on.  Zzzzz...I woke up a few times in between, but I didn't really wake up until 3-4 holes left.  That par 3 late shut the door, and I changed the channel.

While a lot of people thought Rory was going to win, mainly based on Rory being in great form and Sergio known for not being able to close things out, it was a great round to watch. I didn't think it was boring at all. Since Rory had his breakdown at The Masters a few years ago, and I know he's aged a lot since then, but there's always that chance he pulls one left and bogies a hole and then it's back to a one shot match.

Tiger was exciting to watch because we were in the middle of something never done before and people started to realize it would probably never be done again so everyone tuned in. Yes Jack and Snead and some of those guys won a lot but you weren't able to witness it on the same level (coverage) as Tiger. At some point we all consciously, or even sub-consciously, realized Tiger was THE guy in golf and every week was another event you could say you watched in the history of something amazing.

2014-08-04 7:59 PM

User image

Originally posted by jonD81
Originally posted by Jason N

While a lot of people thought Rory was going to win, mainly based on Rory being in great form and Sergio known for not being able to close things out, it was a great round to watch. I didn't think it was boring at all. Since Rory had his breakdown at The Masters a few years ago, and I know he's aged a lot since then, but there's always that chance he pulls one left and bogies a hole and then it's back to a one shot match. Tiger was exciting to watch because we were in the middle of something never done before and people started to realize it would probably never be done again so everyone tuned in. Yes Jack and Snead and some of those guys won a lot but you weren't able to witness it on the same level (coverage) as Tiger. At some point we all consciously, or even sub-consciously, realized Tiger was THE guy in golf and every week was another event you could say you watched in the history of something amazing.

See...that's the thing.  From what I remember watching, it was exciting golf.  But I still fell asleep.  Tiger has the "IT" factor for me...and I'm sure I'm not alone.  When I watch, he has my full attention.  Honestly, I think Sergio and Rory could have both birdied the first 10 holes and I probably still would have fell asleep somewhere around the 2nd or 3rd hole.  I want to care...I just don't.

2014-08-04 8:51 PM
in reply to: Jackemy1

User image

New user
Green Bay, WI
I'm not a Tiger fan....in fact I can't stand him......but he is far from done. He's simply injured. He will win again. He will be number 1 in the world again. He's just came back before he should of. Not that he's reinjured himself I think he'll mail in the season and come back strong next year.
2014-08-05 10:00 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Elite
Spokane, WA

I couldn't agree more. I understand that Tiger attracts the casual viewer and everyone involved loves that. But the game is bigger than any one player. Arnie, Jack and all the other greats of the past got older and the younger players come along to replace them. I'm humming The Circle of Life.

2014-08-05 6:34 PM
in reply to: zed707

User image

Champion
2014-08-06 7:01 PM
in reply to: Nussy

User image

Veteran
Columbus, Ohio
Originally posted by Nussy

I'm not a Tiger fan....in fact I can't stand him......but he is far from done. He's simply injured. He will win again. He will be number 1 in the world again. He's just came back before he should of. Not that he's reinjured himself I think he'll mail in the season and come back strong next year.

I guess only time will tell, but I have to disagree. The younger players like McIlroy, Speith, etc. aren't intimidated like Phil was.

2014-08-06 7:50 PM
in reply to: jacasa

User image

Elite
Originally posted by jacasa

Originally posted by Nussy

I guess only time will tell, but I have to disagree. The younger players like McIlroy, Speith, etc. aren't intimidated like Phil was.

I don't think it has anything to do with "intimidation." Players weren't intimidated by Tiger last year...but who was the best player in the world?
Tiger Woods.
He was the best player in the world not just based on tv ratings or net worth...he was #1 in the world rankings for 60 straight weeks from March, 2013 to May, 2014 based on his performance on the golf course.
Before that, Tiger was #1 from June, 2005 to October, 2010! A record 281 straight weeks.
(and please note, after all the insanity of the infidelity and injuries Tiger dealt with in '09 and '10, many a golf fan wrote Tiger off...the "Tiger's Done" sentiment? yeah, we've seen that movie before)

Rory's a heck of a talent, no doubt, but he's 25 years and 2 months.
Rory's been #1 in the world for 40 weeks.
At that age, Tiger had been #1 in the world for roughly 140 weeks.
Tiger also had 5 of his 14 Majors by that age.
If by the time Rory is 38 years old, he has been #1 in the world for 683 weeks (that's over 13 years in a 17 year span of time), has 14 Majors, and is set to break the all-time record for PGA victories (which will almost certainly be Tiger's record, not Sam Snead;'s anymore) then I will be quite impressed AND surprised.

2014-08-07 9:19 AM

User image

Veteran
New Hampshire
The thing about Tiger's dominance from 2013-2014 is that it means absolutely nothing (to him) because it included no majors. He may have been the best player in the world but for his legacy it doesn't matter. If he wins 5 tour events every year for the rest of his career but no majors we'll all say he was pretty much done after 08. I know he gets more coverage than any other player but it also seems like he has a lot more injuries than anyone else too. There was the knee in 08 when he won the Open, some neck thing in 2010, his knee again after the Masters with his ACL, now his back is lingering for quite some time. I'm not dismissing winning 5 times a year as not being good but in Tiger's world it's not and if these injuries don't go away 100% and he keeps rushing back I just don't see it happening. He's obviously not healthy right now but he's hoping to string together 4 good days and catch some kind of lightning in a bottle.
2014-08-07 9:50 AM

User image

Elite

The thing about Tiger's dominance from 2013-2014 is that it means absolutely nothing (to him) because it included no majors. He may have been the best player in the world but for his legacy it doesn't matter. If he wins 5 tour events every year for the rest of his career but no majors we'll all say he was pretty much done after 08. I know he gets more coverage than any other player but it also seems like he has a lot more injuries than anyone else too. There was the knee in 08 when he won the Open, some neck thing in 2010, his knee again after the Masters with his ACL, now his back is lingering for quite some time. I'm not dismissing winning 5 times a year as not being good but in Tiger's world it's not and if these injuries don't go away 100% and he keeps rushing back I just don't see it happening. He's obviously not healthy right now but he's hoping to string together 4 good days and catch some kind of lightning in a bottle.

I'll agree that he set himself upon the Mt. Everest of golf career challenges.
That said, worst-case scenario, he stalls at 14 Majors...he will undoubtedly hold the record (by far) for overall tournament victories. Jack's already been left in the dust in that department, and Sam Snead would be seen in the rearview mirror as well.
  • ..and to know the level of competition Tiger has performed against is much greater than what Jack or Sam had to face, well, it just makes the accomplishments that much more special.
  • ..which, I might add, speaks volumes about what Rory has done up to now. Very impressive, and I hope he can handle the pressure of the spotlight.
  • 2014-08-07 11:48 AM

User image

Veteran
    New Hampshire

I'll agree that he set himself upon the Mt. Everest of golf career challenges.
    That said, worst-case scenario, he stalls at 14 Majors...he will undoubtedly hold the record (by far) for overall tournament victories. Jack's already been left in the dust in that department, and Sam Snead would be seen in the rearview mirror as well.
  • ..and to know the level of competition Tiger has performed against is much greater than what Jack or Sam had to face, well, it just makes the accomplishments that much more special.
  • ..which, I might add, speaks volumes about what Rory has done up to now. Very impressive, and I hope he can handle the pressure of the spotlight.

• No doubt he finishes his career with far and away more wins than anyone else ever, so I guess it matters what the definition of "done" is. Right now at the PGA through 14 holes he's +3, T55... one ahead of John Daly.
    New Thread
    Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Is Tiger Woods done? Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Have you had an affair with Tiger Woods?

Started by pga_mike
    Views: 848 Posts: 12

2009-12-22 10:55 AM Big Appa

The funniest thing to come out of the Tiger Woods "Car Accident"

Started by pga_mike
    Views: 1076 Posts: 5

2009-12-14 9:15 AM Jyles16

Tiger Woods in doghouse Pages: 1 2 3

Started by ell-in-or
    Views: 3825 Posts: 71

2009-12-05 9:16 AM KeriKadi

Tiger Woods in Hospital Pages: 1 2 3

Started by bradleyd3
    Views: 3323 Posts: 72

2009-11-30 9:11 PM wildred

Landis = Athlete | Tiger Woods = Not | Discuss Pages: 1 2 3

Started by Spokes
    Views: 2600 Posts: 59

2006-07-27 9:12 AM vonrunner
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : April 28, 2011
    author : fivecents
    comments : 5
    What my first sprint distance triathlon taught me about myself.

date : May 5, 2008
    author : TriPainter
    comments : 1
    I went into the pool area (as this was a pool swim) and got body marked. That's when it hit me that I was there to race - this was not a clinic.
    date : August 17, 2007
    author : scoli121
    comments : 6
    I quickly browsed an article in Men's Health that talked about doing a triathlon, and how it wasn't really that hard. With a "tsk!" I quickly turned the page while thinking, "Yeah, right!"