General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 09 felt b12- is it a good buy?? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-28 9:33 PM

Subject: 09 felt b12- is it a good buy??
Hey everyone!

I am doing my first tri August 31 and I currently have an old (2000-2001- not sure exact year) diamondback interval elite with XRP stylist wheels. I've been told the wheels aren't great and that my frame is heavy but it's the first road bike I ever got so I still love it! But of course I have been scouring the internet to find a deal on a nice upgrade! This is what I found and I want to know if it is a good deal:

2009 Felt B12 for $600.

It says it has only been ridden 3 times (who knows if that is true) and the pictures of it, the bike looks flawless. It seems to be all stock but in very good condition. I've been reading forums and the blue book value on the bike and in 'fair' condition on blue book it is still listed at almost $800 and this one is described as almost brand new. I've been told not to get a tri bike until I do my first and make sure I like it, but I also just want to upgrade my current bike to something nicer, faster, lighter, etc.

From what I have seen, this seems like a great deal but I want to make sure I'm not overlooking anything... Being a rookie of course! Thank you in advance and I look forward to hearing what you guys think!

2014-07-28 9:52 PM
in reply to: Hmk1115

New user
Subject: RE: 09 felt b12- is it a good buy??
Sounds like a great deal. If you think you're going to like it, get it. You can always flip and resell it b/c bikes in that price range are few and far between.
2014-07-29 9:35 AM
in reply to: keg97

that was kind of my thought too! Apparently there is someone else going to look at it tonight right at the time I get off work, so hopefully I will actually get a shot at it! Fingers crossed!
2014-07-31 1:55 PM
in reply to: Hmk1115

User image

Pro

sounds like a great find.  of course it's been ridden lots more than 3 times, but if it looks really clean and all the components look fresh and barely used, good enough.  Even if it has 3000 miles on it- that's not very much.  You replace the chain and you've got a great steed.

one thing to watch out for; I believe the '09 B12 was recalled.  I expect that Felt will still honor the recall and the fork may need to be replaced.  So- be aware of that.

Then, the other thing is, of course, fit.  if it fits well and is in even half as good a condition as claimed, you've found a great deal.  If it doesn't fit- then it's a waste of $800.  Oh, plan on spending another couple hundred getting it properly fitted to you.  

And you get to post a picture of it when you buy it.

2014-08-08 9:43 PM
in reply to: #5031770

Ok, sorry this is a late reply, been on vacation. But another guy beat me to the punch and was able to buy it just as I was getting out of work and about to go look at it. Oh well, there will always be another! Thanks for the advice guys, it'll definitely help as I continue looking!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » 09 felt b12- is it a good buy?? Rss Feed