General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Peaks Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-29 7:08 PM

Subject: Training Peaks
Hello all. I've just started to really figure out my forerunner and am looking at the different sites to upload to. I'm seeing training peaks pop up alot and was wondering why they're so popular.

2014-07-29 8:55 PM
in reply to: standbyzero

User image

Expert
Greenville, SC
Subject: RE: Training Peaks

A lot of coaches use the software to create workout plans/schedules and communicate with athletes.  The layout is in a calender view too so even if you aren't coached you can plan your workouts weeks in advance and see the training load for each planned week.  It also has a lot of trackable metrics you can get creative with.  

2014-07-29 9:15 PM

User image

New user
Green Bay, WI
I use Training Peaks and Map my Fitness. I think both have benefits. Training Peaks make for easier analysis in my opinion as it allows you to set thresholds easily analyze about any metric you want. It also allows you to easily import workouts in to BT for tracking as well.

I like the social aspects of Mapmyfitness better as you can setup routes and race friends, etc. garmin connect is also pretty good , but I quite using that site awhile back when the had upload problems with the wahoo Fitness app on my phone.

All have a free version and a paid version that offers a bit more.
2014-07-30 10:35 AM

User image

Pro

I have yet to find a single site that does everything I want.  I suggest, as you're still new at the whole GPS watch thing, just using Garmin Connect.  Play with all of the features, HR Zones, mapping, custom workouts, etc.  there's a lot there.  Once you get accustomed to it all, then you can begin to look for even more features.

strava is pretty cool.  you might want to use that (warning:  it's addicting).

2014-07-30 11:04 AM
in reply to: morey000

Regular
Apple Valley, Minnesota
you can sync up multiple accounts with http://www.syncmetrics.com/one stop shop to get things to jive, its not perfect and seems to be when the site feels like loading your data but its free.
2014-07-30 11:50 AM

User image

Champion
Dallas, TX

Originally posted by standbyzero Hello all. I've just started to really figure out my forerunner and am looking at the different sites to upload to. I'm seeing training peaks pop up alot and was wondering why they're so popular.

I use it to give my clients their workouts each week. If it weren't for that, I'd never use it. I use to just use BT to log all my workouts, but switched to TP because 1) I had to get and upload my workouts for my coach and 2) when BT changed the interface it made uploading workouts harder so I stopped doing it. 

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Training Peaks Rss Feed