BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: Ron Reply
Show Per page

of 63

2014-09-15 4:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Originally posted by rrrunner

haha...I meant in general, not necessarily on Strava. You're just a racing machine these days!

My countdown app has only 3 races in it now! And two of them are this weekend

I went back a buncha buncha Manatee threads to see what the clothing recommendations were for the Dirty Girl last year (the one that got rained out). Thanks again Judi and Hands for the suggestions. I'll have to see what I have left for tri-shorts/suits that I don't wear for racing tris.

Is DH ready for the fallout from this?

Snowsuit? Or is it supposed to warm up? Wasn't there snow down into CO last weekend? lol

Mary tells me it's nice now but planning for RAIN this weekend. Should make the Dirty Girl dirtier. At least the swim for the tri is wetsuit legal and I will remember to bring my arm warmers this time!

Edited by rrrunner 2014-09-15 4:25 PM

2014-09-15 4:35 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Bronze member

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

We've scratched the possible tri off our list for this weekend. Thought about it up until last night, but check out this article.   Anyone had OWS in water like this?  There was a swim clinic yesterday, and people were posting about how bad the water is. Plus another storm coming up from Mexico in the next couple of days which means more crap into the lake.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/tempe/2014/09/13/residents-complain-sludge-tempe-town-lake-historic-storm/15572399/

"The water is good to go for the event". Ewwwwwww!  Hope it's better by IMAZ! I heard someone joke once about bodies in there!

ICK!!!  I really don't remember what the water was like for IMAZ in 2012 other than the fact that it was C-O-L-D!!!  

What kind of Canuck are you?!?!?! Eh?

A bad one, which is why I'm now living in the heat of Texas!!!  

2014-09-15 4:37 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas
Bronze member

Originally posted by laffinrock

Cat or dog lover. This is cute.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10201130780991613

Awwwww.  One of our dogs plays with our cat every night while we're eating dinner.  They have a regular routine that's always good for a laugh. 

What is it with cat ears?  Both our dogs like to lick the cat's ears.  She puts up with it too.  So weird!

Ha!  One of the cats will lick the ears of the other one when he gets all jealous and wants to be in the "better" spot on the couch... he's also the not-so-bright-so-its-a-good-thing-hes-cute one who doesn't realize that all she does is move to the other side of the person's lap and voilá!  Back in the perfect position for making one of the humans pay attention to her.  

Cute little furry jerks.  

2014-09-15 4:42 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master

Originally posted by cdban66

We've scratched the possible tri off our list for this weekend. Thought about it up until last night, but check out this article.   Anyone had OWS in water like this?  There was a swim clinic yesterday, and people were posting about how bad the water is. Plus another storm coming up from Mexico in the next couple of days which means more crap into the lake.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/tempe/2014/09/13/residents-complain-sludge-tempe-town-lake-historic-storm/15572399/

"The water is good to go for the event". Ewwwwwww!  Hope it's better by IMAZ! I heard someone joke once about bodies in there!

ICK!!!  I really don't remember what the water was like for IMAZ in 2012 other than the fact that it was C-O-L-D!!!  

What kind of Canuck are you?!?!?! Eh?

A bad one, which is why I'm now living in the heat of Texas!!!  

All the other Canucks will think you did it for penance. (we'll keep your "secret")

2014-09-15 4:43 PM

User image

Denver, CO
Bronze member

Nevermind

Edited by laffinrock 2014-09-15 4:44 PM
2014-09-15 4:52 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO
Bronze member

haha...I meant in general, not necessarily on Strava. You're just a racing machine these days!

I went back a buncha buncha Manatee threads to see what the clothing recommendations were for the Dirty Girl last year (the one that got rained out). Thanks again Judi and Hands for the suggestions. I'll have to see what I have left for tri-shorts/suits that I don't wear for racing tris.

Snowsuit? Or is it supposed to warm up? Wasn't there snow down into CO last weekend? lol

Mary tells me it's nice now but planning for RAIN this weekend. Should make the Dirty Girl dirtier. At least the swim for the tri is wetsuit legal and I will remember to bring my arm warmers this time!

To clarify, it's 60% chance of rain on Friday, but only 10-20% on Sat. and Sun.  And COLD water for the tri!!  64* water temp yesterday and not likely to warm up much.

2014-09-15 4:57 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

To clarify, it's 60% chance of rain on Friday, but only 10-20% on Sat. and Sun.  And COLD water for the tri!!  64* water temp yesterday and not likely to warm up much.

When I did Deserts Edge the water was the warmest part of the day! 64 shouldn't be too bad with a wetsuit.

2014-09-15 5:06 PM

User image

Master

Ours is headed up...warm hurricane!  

2014-09-15 5:11 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Keep that over there mkay?

2014-09-15 5:34 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO
Bronze member

Keep that over there mkay?

X2!!

2014-09-15 6:25 PM

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

I am doing a century ride this weekend that  I've planned to do for a while.   As usual I think I could be better prepared physically.   Hopefully it's just nerves.    This century will venture up into the "hills" of middle/eastern Tennessee.  Which means it has between 5000 and 6000 feet of climb.   To offset the nerves I have swapped out my double crank set for a triple.     Was running with a 52/39.   Now have a 50/40/30.  My rear cassette is a 12-30.  Have wrench can do.   I know that I can climb anything now....

Edited by MadMathemagician 2014-09-15 6:26 PM

2014-09-15 6:35 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master
Orlando

Cat or dog lover. This is cute.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10201130780991613

Awwwww.  One of our dogs plays with our cat every night while we're eating dinner.  They have a regular routine that's always good for a laugh. 

What is it with cat ears?  Both our dogs like to lick the cat's ears.  She puts up with it too.  So weird!

Ha!  One of the cats will lick the ears of the other one when he gets all jealous and wants to be in the "better" spot on the couch... he's also the not-so-bright-so-its-a-good-thing-hes-cute one who doesn't realize that all she does is move to the other side of the person's lap and voilá!  Back in the perfect position for making one of the humans pay attention to her.  

Cute little furry jerks.  

love those videos.  

2014-09-15 6:37 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Orlando

Yikes! Hurricanes are no bueno!!  Stay safe!!

New Thread
BT Mentor Program 2014 Beginner Triathlete Mentor Program » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Show Per page

of 63

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 10

Started by funkj25
Views: 5374 Posts: 230

2014-09-12 1:49 PM dprocket

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 22

Started by Baowolf
Views: 10033 Posts: 549

2014-09-15 1:31 AM strykergt

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 29490 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 42 43 44 45

Started by slornow
Views: 16250 Posts: 1110

2014-09-15 1:18 PM mtnbikerchk

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 21

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 8715 Posts: 505

2014-09-15 4:41 PM Hunting Triathlete
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.