BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-10-28 12:25 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Orlando
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Swimming...in. Trainer....in. Biking....questionable. Running....ha!  CAC sprint...out.

I "knew" it, but having doc tell me made me sad. lol

Luckily, it is just my toe and not up into the foot. He gave me a shoe with a stiff bottom, said to be careful, tape and elevate...and come back for follow up xrays in about a month. A MONTH!

In other news, tonight will be rather tense at my house as the Giants win the WS in KC

Well, 2 out of 3's (im including the trainer and biking as 1) not bad.  Man, you really kicked the snot out of your dog!!

2014-10-28 12:27 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Gave me a giggle and reminded me of the Pod.

Hilarious!!

2014-10-28 2:33 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Denver, CO

Ugh.  Just "broke up" with the training club.  It's been a long time since I had to break up with anybody and it sucks!

2014-10-28 3:03 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master

Originally posted by amd723

Swimming...in. Trainer....in. Biking....questionable. Running....ha!  CAC sprint...out.

Luckily, it is just my toe and not up into the foot. He gave me a shoe with a stiff bottom, said to be careful, tape and elevate...and come back for follow up xrays in about a month. A MONTH!

In other news, tonight will be rather tense at my house as the Giants win the WS in KC

Well, 2 out of 3's (im including the trainer and biking as 1) not bad.  Man, you really kicked the snot out of your dog!!

More like our legs played chicken...and mine lost. If it had been the 10lb dog, no biggie. But this guy- 100lbs of "innocence" does damage.

(20130517_134716-1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
20130517_134716-1.jpg (60KB - 14 downloads)
2014-10-28 3:05 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

More like our legs played chicken...and mine lost. If it had been the 10lb dog, no biggie. But this guy- 100lbs of "innocence" does damage.

Look at those eyes and the crossed paws, no way he did that to you!!

2014-10-28 3:10 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut

awwwww he's so cute

2014-10-28 3:11 PM

User image

Master

Melanie- cool to see you found a flexible trainer to start working with on your terms. Hope it works out well for you!

Mary- this break-up, as with most, will just lead to better things. Unmet expectations and frustration=bad fit in any relationship. If nothing else, this helped you define what you want out of a group. Will be interesting to see what you find with the other clubs/groups

2014-10-28 3:23 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master

He was completely oblivious to my pain. Running to his bed for treats was all-important. He's a big lovey dufus. We think the puppy parvo stunted more than his growth. lol

2014-10-28 4:46 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Melanie- cool to see you found a flexible trainer to start working with on your terms. Hope it works out well for you!

Mary- this break-up, as with most, will just lead to better things. Unmet expectations and frustration=bad fit in any relationship. If nothing else, this helped you define what you want out of a group. Will be interesting to see what you find with the other clubs/groups

Yeah, I think we'll be able to "just be friends" (hee hee).  Joey's a really nice guy, he just couldn't follow through on his promises.  We've texted some today and there are no hard feelings on either side.  You're right, this whole experience has helped me learn a little more about my options and forced me to be a little more independent than I thought I was capable of.

I've joined the Denver chapter of Team RWB, which seems pretty active and includes a tri contingent as well. I haven't connected with them in person yet but based on their active FB page, they have weekly workouts, and fairly frequent get-togethers.  Their workouts are the same night as the training club so now I can go without having to be late.  Plus there's time beforehand to fit in more running on my own so I can make sure I get my distances in as I start running farther.

The other LRS has a group that does long runs on Sundays, and their website advertises that it's followed by pancakes, fruit and chocolate milk.  Given my experience with the accuracy of store websites, I'll believe the breakfast deal when I see it, but at least the group is free and I can do my long run, or at least parts of them, with other people.  That'll be especially nice as the weather gets colder!!  Then I can be out running with a bunch of other idiots who also don't know any better than to come in out of the rain/snow/cold.

Between RWB and the other LRS, I'll get to be part of a running group, which can only help.  Once I pass the point of "just want to finish" and move toward "want to finish faster," then I'll look at joining a tri team or finding more formal coaching than a LRS could offer. 

2014-10-28 5:22 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master

Originally posted by laffinrock

Yeah, I think we'll be able to "just be friends" (hee hee).  Joey's a really nice guy, he just couldn't follow through on his promises.  We've texted some today and there are no hard feelings on either side.  You're right, this whole experience has helped me learn a little more about my options and forced me to be a little more independent than I thought I was capable of.

I've joined the Denver chapter of Team RWB, which seems pretty active and includes a tri contingent as well. I haven't connected with them in person yet but based on their active FB page, they have weekly workouts, and fairly frequent get-togethers.  Their workouts are the same night as the training club so now I can go without having to be late.  Plus there's time beforehand to fit in more running on my own so I can make sure I get my distances in as I start running farther.

The other LRS has a group that does long runs on Sundays, and their website advertises that it's followed by pancakes, fruit and chocolate milk.  Given my experience with the accuracy of store websites, I'll believe the breakfast deal when I see it, but at least the group is free and I can do my long run, or at least parts of them, with other people.  That'll be especially nice as the weather gets colder!!  Then I can be out running with a bunch of other idiots who also don't know any better than to come in out of the rain/snow/cold.

Between RWB and the other LRS, I'll get to be part of a running group, which can only help.  Once I pass the point of "just want to finish" and move toward "want to finish faster," then I'll look at joining a tri team or finding more formal coaching than a LRS could offer. 

Cool! The RWB group near us is very active- rides, runs, trails, swims, 5ks. Usually something going on several times a week. We'd love to do more training with them, but we live far enough away from Phoenix that time is an issue. They have a tent at almost all local races. At Soma, they met every member with a flag going down the finish chute. I'm still chasing two kids around, so I don't "hang out"...but they're very friendly

Edited by 4agoodlife 2014-10-28 5:30 PM

(20141019_133417-1.jpg)

(20141019_124928-1.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
20141019_133417-1.jpg (46KB - 18 downloads)
20141019_124928-1.jpg (45KB - 15 downloads)
2014-10-28 9:34 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

He was completely oblivious to my pain. Running to his bed for treats was all-important. He's a big lovey dufus. We think the puppy parvo stunted more than his growth. lol

How 'bout them Royals?!?!?! :D

2014-10-28 11:18 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
^^^Kinda like them Giants the past two games. :P No matter what, my Royals shirt from MIL goes away...oh, and I'd like tomorrow's game to be excitingly competitive.
2014-10-29 8:19 AM

User image

Melon Presser

No Bueller, though that was one of my nicknames in high school

Getting quiet in here again so I kickstarted the new thread. Feel free to post an updated introduction or not--interested folks will follow the link to prior thread and see what's what anyway.

Also feel free to post here (or there) whether you think we should open up again now.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42079 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37212 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72636 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50205 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25574 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.