BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-10-23 9:40 AM
in reply to: #5062035

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)
Well I'm feeling better, enough to be back at the conference today. Hope everyone else is better too!

2014-10-23 10:11 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Melon Presser

Worser and worser. No visa extension from Tina until immigration office gets a specific report with specific diagnosis from hospital. (We don't have that. We got kicked out before that could happen). But now Mutti is on their radar as a potentially infectious person. We won't be cleared to fly at all until ... we have a specific report from the hospital with a specific diagnosis. Catch22s at every step.

on day 8 with almost no sleep

Called doctors all day today try to get someone to see her (or we'll haul her to see them), no dice, also home care companies, also no dice

Mutti's weaker today and and visibly lost weight

2014-10-23 10:17 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Worser and worser. No visa extension from Tina until immigration office gets a specific report with specific diagnosis from hospital. (We don't have that. We got kicked out before that could happen). But now Mutti is on their radar as a potentially infectious person. We won't be cleared to fly at all until ... we have a specific report from the hospital with a specific diagnosis. Catch22s at every step.

Called doctors all day today try to get someone to see her (or we'll haul her to see them), no dice, also home care companies, also no dice

OMG, Yanti! I wish I was able to provide some specific help. :-(

I assume that your embassy/consulate is unable to help and that your relatives are dong what they can?  Can Kingsley do anything from his end?

2014-10-23 10:50 AM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

NO!!!!!! This is really bad.  O know your Uncle had tried to intervene, any success with that avenue?  Can he get you back to his area to at least treat her properly?

2014-10-23 10:55 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Crap!! Maybe now that she's on their radar they will do something to treat her.  So, so sorry for all of you.

2014-10-23 11:14 AM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by QueenZipp

NO!!!!!! This is really bad.  O know your Uncle had tried to intervene, any success with that avenue?  Can he get you back to his area to at least treat her properly?

surely on this vast Internet thing there is SOMEONE we can reach out to for help on Yanti's behalf?!

2014-10-23 12:30 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by QueenZipp

surely on this vast Internet thing there is SOMEONE we can reach out to for help on Yanti's behalf?!

There's a new BT member who lives somewhere in northern Germany.  She says she's been doing tri's for awhile.  Maybe she knows somebody who knows somebody.  Also a quick google search found these:

http://forum.slowtwitch.com/forum/Slowtwitch_Forums_C1/Triathlon_Forum_F1/Stuttgart,_Germany_questions..._P2098071/  It's pretty old but somebody in that thread might be able to help.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.tbc-triathlon.de/&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dstuttgart%2Btriathlon%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DGdi%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26channel%3Dsb local tri club

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.csv-stuttgart.de/triathlon&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dstuttgart%2Btriathlon%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DGdi%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26channel%3Dsb another sports club that has a triathlon group

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=de&u=http://www.tffeuerbach.de/sportbereiche/triathlon.html&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dstuttgart%2Btriathlon%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26hs%3DGdi%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-USfficial%26channel%3Dsb and another sports club

2014-10-23 12:38 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Denver, CO

Random fun article about cycling clothing:  http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/23/fashion/for-the-bike-to-work-generation-a-move-to-fashionable-high-tech-clothing.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=Moth-Visible&module=inside-nyt-region&region=inside-nyt-region&WT.nav=inside-nyt-region

lflect.com has some pretty fun reflective stuff, like this:http://lflect.com/collections/all-products/products/reflective-pompom-shoe-clips-duo

This lighted helmet is pretty darned cool!  Not so sure about the marshmallow hood on the upper right though.  Looks kinda hot and not in a hawt kind of way either.

2014-10-23 12:46 PM

User image

Master

OK, so who in the Pod is going to start a Pot Tart business?

Oh, Yanti...I'm so sorry. It was so hard on my mom when she was going through these things with my grandma. Luckily, they never traveled. I can't even imagine. Please take care of yourself. We know you're doing everything possible for Mutti, but keep yourself well. <---------------------BIG HEALING HUG--------------------->

2014-10-23 12:54 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master

Been a long week. Keeping the kids busy with activities goes well into the evening. J gets back tonight.

Yesterday afternoon I had a totally random, stupid collision with our big dog's leg. Heard a crack and sharp pain...today it looks like this

(20141023_094544.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
20141023_094544.jpg (60KB - 15 downloads)
2014-10-23 1:05 PM

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by laffinrock

Random fun article about cycling clothing:  http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/23/fashion/for-the-bike-to-work-generation-a-move-to-fashionable-high-tech-clothing.html?action=click&pgtype=Homepage&version=Moth-Visible&module=inside-nyt-region&region=inside-nyt-region&WT.nav=inside-nyt-region

lflect.com has some pretty fun reflective stuff, like this:http://lflect.com/collections/all-products/products/reflective-pompom-shoe-clips-duo

This lighted helmet is pretty darned cool!  Not so sure about the marshmallow hood on the upper right though.  Looks kinda hot and not in a hawt kind of way either.

The top row pictures are actually the same thing. The collar on the left is an airbag that gets deployed when a crash/fall is detected. The "marshmallow hood" is what this airbag looks like when deployed.

2014-10-23 1:15 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Been a long week. Keeping the kids busy with activities goes well into the evening. J gets back tonight.

Yesterday afternoon I had a totally random, stupid collision with our big dog's leg. Heard a crack and sharp pain...today it looks like this

OW OW OW!!!!  Is it worth a dr. appt. to make sure it's not something that should be casted? 

People, STOPPIT!!!  No more Manatee sickness, injury, or other catastrophes.  Y'all are scaring me, thinking I'm going to be next!  I've actually been a little worried about my Achilles, which are awfully tight these days from all the running.  I'm a little wary about stretching them too much because I don't want them to snap.  I'm doing a lot of massaging and ankle circles instead.  That works some but just in the short term.  It's not enough to keep me off the road, but it's still annoying to hobble around for the first several steps every time I stand up.  I've had this before and it seems like the only thing that makes it go away is to just not run.  That's not an option in my mind right now so I'm just carrying on (both running and whining).

2014-10-23 2:19 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by melbo55

My heart goes out to our not 100% manatees, Yanti/Mutti/family, Salty, Janyne, Monica, Tom, Ann-Marie, and any other injured/sick manatees I hopefully didn't overlook.  Big hugs for you guys, I hate seeing any of you in any degree of distress/pain.

+1

Had my MRI this morning.  Follow up is next week.  7:00 AM scan. I fell asleep in the tube.

Nap time!  Hope you find out what's going on soon, and next week comes quickly!

2014-10-23 2:20 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by rrrunner Well I have a semi-comical addition to the Manatee hurty-ness. Mine is my being a klutz and is comical after the fact. Last night walking in the dark bedroom I tripped over a plastic bin and landed on my left cheekbone. My neck made an audible pop and the immediate pain was pretty intense. I fumbled my way to the bathroom because the reason I was up in the first place was now intensified by the pain. Then I went back to the bedroom floor and took inventory of all the parts. I could feel and move everything and nothing Was in pain except my neck. I lay there discussing the options with DH and we decided to call my RN SIL. She wanted me to get it checked but in absence of that to ice it and take Advil. As we continued to talk it through I decided getting it checked was probably the prudent thing to do but I didn't want an ambulance. So I had DH help me dress (I also didn't want to go half nekkid) and he drove me to the hospital. After a CT Scan everything checked out ok an the doc sent me home with some dope. So after a difficult night of laying flat I am now reclined on the couch. Feeling better but a bit hurty. No DL for me, this will pass quickly I think. The bummer is I was all set to start some core training this morning!

Oh my gosh, what a scary/crazy accident!  Hope all is truly OK and the pain doesn't stick around long.

2014-10-23 2:27 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Oh my goodness Yanti. No one should ever have to endure this type of emotional stress. {{hugs}} my friend.

This, with many additional hugs added, for you, Mutti, and Tina.  Take care, dear friend.  I hope things improve very soon.

2014-10-23 3:35 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Don't show Kingsley the poofy helmet he'll order one for each family member.

Now in an apartment which is a HUGE relief. Yes in the middle of it all we were packing us all up (yet again) and moving to another place. But it's a place with breathing room not a tiny roach motel where we couldn't even make a cup of tea nor anything in the neighborhood.

It's in a tiny town which prides itself on being creepy and it's very old and creepy. Got a very old very haunted castle and all that. Pics don't do it justice. The apartment renter said to us kindly that it all looks better by day. we look like pale ghost zombies ourselves. So we fit right in. very large old graveyard and the main street is called Graves (on purpose)

Even more creepy, in a tiny little town (but a lot of old people so there you go) it's got 2 dozen doctors ONE OF THEM WILL HAVE TO SEE US TOMORROW. We will park a sick crapping Mutti in the waiting room and see how long it takes.

In it all Tina and I have shared lots of really, really unprintable gallows humor. Means we're breathing and alive, hey. And it helps me cough up green shyte.

Hope, and a very creepy castle on top of a hill, on the horizon.

(creepy.backnang (Copy).jpg)

(creepy.backnang.castle (Copy).jpg)

Attachments
----------------
creepy.backnang (Copy).jpg (92KB - 9 downloads)
creepy.backnang.castle (Copy).jpg (107KB - 6 downloads)

2014-10-23 7:29 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Very glad you are at least in a much larger apartment....2 DOZEN DOCTORS!!  Praying the one you find yourselves parked in is compassionate and efficient...and can get the records from that hospital stay so there is a starting place from which to work.

As to stopping the cholesterol med--IF Mutti had gallstone pancreatitis her liver enzymes are all wacky right now and her liver needs to cool down with the gall bladder and pancreas before resuming that statin.

Not sure why they didn't stop the beta blocker as they said they would....in her dehydrated state I can't imagine a HR in the 30's would be the greatest thing...

2014-10-24 9:34 AM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Denver, CO

Yanti, I'm holding lots of hope that your zombi-like state and Mutti's health crisis will be properly attended to today in that creepy little town.  You are an absolute rock star for holding up as well as you can.  (((Hugs!!)))

2014-10-24 9:40 AM

User image

Denver, CO

For those of you wondering about how to add more fiber to your diet, here's an option:

Everyone needs more fiber…

image74

I shredded 15 rolls of toilet paper. Yep….15. (Mina’s mama notes: I’m pretty sure she merely shredded the paper & actually ate very little, if any.)

2014-10-24 10:16 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events
=====
October 25-26
Jonathan TN - Beach2Battleship Half Iron Distance Triathlon on Satruday
Matt - Ironman Austin 70.3 on Sunday

Disabled List
Janyne - shoulder (recovery week 4)
Tom - right knee (MRI results pending)
Yanti - under the weather along with Tina and Mutti
Monica - neck
TJ - neck
Erin - foot

If this keeps up we'll have to change this from Racing Manatees to The Sick List and some Racers!

2014-10-24 10:19 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

=====
October 25-26

Disabled List
Monica - neck
TJ - neck
Erin - foot

If this keeps up we'll have to change this from Racing Manatees to The Sick List and some Racers!

Go Matt and Jonathan!!

DLers, yikes!! Heal up!!

Janyne, love the picture

2014-10-24 11:10 AM

User image

Melon Presser

GO JONATN!!!
GO MCMANATEE!!!

Disabled List
Warm {MELON PRESS} for all the gimped-up, crashed-out Manatees!

I know right? Ah hahaha thanks NyNy. Needed the laugh.

2014-10-24 11:24 AM

User image

Melon Presser

Complicated story (yeah I know you're shocked) but at least with a fairy tale ending in a fairy tale town (complete with werewolves and witches ... this is Grimm land, remember?). The first doctor (of the 2 dozen possibles!) I called this morning said if we could come right away she had a cancellation. FANTASTIC doctor, lovely office staff, looked at ALL of us (though we'd only called for Mutti, priorities), went through Mutti's reams of information thoroughly but efficiently. She gave us all the summarization, opinionization, advice, medicines, etc., very clear guidelines for short and long term, and thorough paperwork releasing Mutti to fly on Monday or later (so we can observe and see when she meets the criteria and go then, without having to go back to the doctor).

Mutti felt well enough to want to take a short walk around the block today.

So much love back atcha. <3

2014-10-24 11:39 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

=====
October 25-26

Disabled List
Monica - neck
TJ - neck
Erin - foot

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO racers!!  Show 'em how it's done!!

DL'ers, see how that manatee zooms through the green sicky hurty stage?  That's what you need to do.  Heal up quick now, ya hear?

((((((Hugs)))))) to everybody.  Have a super duper weekend. 

2014-10-24 11:44 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Complicated story (yeah I know you're shocked) but at least with a fairy tale ending in a fairy tale town (complete with werewolves and witches ... this is Grimm land, remember?). The first doctor (of the 2 dozen possibles!) I called this morning said if we could come right away she had a cancellation. FANTASTIC doctor, lovely office staff, looked at ALL of us (though we'd only called for Mutti, priorities), went through Mutti's reams of information thoroughly but efficiently. She gave us all the summarization, opinionization, advice, medicines, etc., very clear guidelines for short and long term, and thorough paperwork releasing Mutti to fly on Monday or later (so we can observe and see when she meets the criteria and go then, without having to go back to the doctor).

Mutti felt well enough to want to take a short walk around the block today.

So much love back atcha. <3

Yanti, I'm SO glad to hear the positive news.  Finally!!!  Hopefully Mutti continues to improve, you and Tina start feeling better, and you can get a flight home for all of you ASAP.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42289 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37351 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72743 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50379 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25670 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.