BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-08-29 10:54 AM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by 4agoodlife
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

And once again my life and all my plans get riotously tossed up in the air like so much confetti (I'd rather have spaghetti ... )

Anyway I have to leave the country for at least 7 working days for legal reasons. And I have to leave NOW (that is first thing tomorrow morning). So I get to see Kingsley! Yay!

And freeze my butt off with STACE FACE this Sunday in the 12K ... yay! (I'm going to cycle to her house. It's on top of a hill. A 10K hill. JOY)

I get back, do a multi-city Indonesian whirlwind (all while still training for IM Malaysia, a couple training races in that time too) then hopefully don't die at IMM, then two days after I get back it's off to Germany with Mutti for 3 weeks.

I'm tired just writing all this!

You wouldn't know what to do with yourself if life wasn't a whirlwind of riotous confetti with meatballs

Right?

2014-08-29 10:55 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner

Sooooo, I can't keep the "secret" from you all any longer. There is a very real possibility that we will be moving back to our beloved Colorado!

The story goes something like this... Early last week there was an "announcement" (that's what they call job openings in the gubment) for agents in both Grand Junction and Durango, Colorado. DH and I discussed it very briefly because we figured this is NOT a good time to move with DS2 being in limbo and all. So while we were passing through Durango on our way to see the UPC last week we again, very briefly, discussed how Durango is a nice place to visit but we wouldn't want to live there (too much snow, too exensive). As we were up closer to Grand Junction we had so much fun being "home" (we left the area 10 years ago when we were transferred to Omaha) and we enjoyed the fresh produce the area has to offer. Well speed forward to this last Monday. I recieved an email from the Special Agent in Charge of the Denver Field Office (that's kinda high up, two levels above me and two levels below the commisioner) asking me to consider putting in for the announcement. GULP! So I responded to him (after gramme/spell checking a gazillion times) with what I thought were the barriers to moving (ie DS2 and the fact that the gubment just moved me to Santa Fe 4 years ago). Well after a couple of back and forth emails he CALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!! We discussed it a bit and I told him I would talk with DH. So after lotsa talking and info from a realtor friend of ours we decided to put in for the Grand Junction spot. When I told my boss about it he had quite the impressed look on his face and said if Steve (the SAC of Denver) wants me it's as good as done. Well, I'm not counting on that but my paperwork is on its way to Denver. And now we wait. And panic and try to get the house ready to sell. 

Yay yay yay!!!!!!  So many positives about this and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!  What a summer you've had.  Can't wait to see you on Sunday!

2014-08-29 10:56 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Sooooo, I can't keep the "secret" from you all any longer. There is a very real possibility that we will be moving back to our beloved Colorado!

The story goes something like this... Early last week there was an "announcement" (that's what they call job openings in the gubment) for agents in both Grand Junction and Durango, Colorado. DH and I discussed it very briefly because we figured this is NOT a good time to move with DS2 being in limbo and all. So while we were passing through Durango on our way to see the UPC last week we again, very briefly, discussed how Durango is a nice place to visit but we wouldn't want to live there (too much snow, too exensive). As we were up closer to Grand Junction we had so much fun being "home" (we left the area 10 years ago when we were transferred to Omaha) and we enjoyed the fresh produce the area has to offer. Well speed forward to this last Monday. I recieved an email from the Special Agent in Charge of the Denver Field Office (that's kinda high up, two levels above me and two levels below the commisioner) asking me to consider putting in for the announcement. GULP! So I responded to him (after gramme/spell checking a gazillion times) with what I thought were the barriers to moving (ie DS2 and the fact that the gubment just moved me to Santa Fe 4 years ago). Well after a couple of back and forth emails he CALLED!!!!!!!!!!!!! We discussed it a bit and I told him I would talk with DH. So after lotsa talking and info from a realtor friend of ours we decided to put in for the Grand Junction spot. When I told my boss about it he had quite the impressed look on his face and said if Steve (the SAC of Denver) wants me it's as good as done. Well, I'm not counting on that but my paperwork is on its way to Denver. And now we wait. And panic and try to get the house ready to sell. 

Holy Schmokes! You don't mess around. Lol. Good luck...with all of it!

Still looking at going to IMAZ (hopefully) and would still like to do Ragnar with you and J. If not this year, maybe next (unless we're all doing IMAZ )

2014-08-29 10:57 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by laffinrock

Yay yay yay!!!!!!  So many positives about this and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you!!  What a summer you've had.  Can't wait to see you on Sunday!

I guess we'll just text when we get there to find each other? AND DID YOU SEE THAT GAME LAST NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

2014-08-29 11:12 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Wow, Manatees, so much going on with everybody!

Yanti, your post makes me tired too.  Enjoy your time with your "bald bony little headed" love of yours and Stacey this weekend, then buckle up for the rest of the whirlwind.  Hope all the traveling goes well and that you get a chance to take care of YOU amidst all the confetti and spaghetti.

Chris, hope your MIL is doing better.  Ambulance rides are never a good thing.  Sending lots of healing thoughts her way and (((hugs))) to you and TW.

Jen, hope you're feeling better today.  (((Hugs)))

Jonathan TN - I'm counting the days for you!!  It's what, 10-11 days left now?  Where will you be coming back to?

Things around here have been uber-hectic.  I was in Delaware and eastern Maryland until Tuesday night and came back to a billion things going on at work and a bunch choir rehearsals for a concert next weekend.  At this point, I have no formal training plan for my tri in 3 weeks, my hip hurts from all the travel, and I finally got on my bike last night for the 1st time since my race on 8/19.  Can I just say how flippin' glad I am that this is a 3 day weekend coming up?!?!  At least I'm doing a fun race with TJ on Sunday that ends on the 50 yard line in the stadium where the Broncos play.

2014-08-29 11:15 AM

User image

Denver, CO

I guess we'll just text when we get there to find each other? AND DID YOU SEE THAT GAME LAST NIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!

Missed the game because I had a choir rehearsal.    Sounds like it was a good one.  Love Manning's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  First ever and and he said it was totally worth it to get in that jerk's face for taking out Wes Welker!!

Texting sounds good.  Let's head for the general area of packet pick-up.  Still up for beignets at Lucile's?

2014-08-29 11:26 AM

User image

Melon Presser

And once again my life and all my plans get riotously tossed up in the air like so much confetti (I'd rather have spaghetti ... )

Anyway I have to leave the country for at least 7 working days for legal reasons. And I have to leave NOW (that is first thing tomorrow morning). So I get to see Kingsley! Yay!

And freeze my butt off with STACE FACE this Sunday in the 12K ... yay! (I'm going to cycle to her house. It's on top of a hill. A 10K hill. JOY)

I get back, do a multi-city Indonesian whirlwind (all while still training for IM Malaysia, a couple training races in that time too) then hopefully don't die at IMM, then two days after I get back it's off to Germany with Mutti for 3 weeks.

You wouldn't know what to do with yourself if life wasn't a whirlwind of riotous confetti with meatballs

Whirlwinds, with a chance of meatballs

I really like meatballs.

2014-08-29 11:26 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Missed the game because I had a choir rehearsal.    Sounds like it was a good one.  Love Manning's unsportsmanlike conduct penalty.  First ever and and he said it was totally worth it to get in that jerk's face for taking out Wes Welker!!

Texting sounds good.  Let's head for the general area of packet pick-up.  Still up for beignets at Lucile's?

Sounds good because we won't make it to packet pick up tomorrow. Beignets are always a good idea! Which reminds me... At swim practice Wednesday evening Coach was discussing the group ride set for tomorrow morning. He then mentioned to the group that I won't be there and looked at me and said "DONUT DASH?!?!?!" In a teasing/perplexed tone. Yup. DS2 and I are doing a donut dash. Mostly for the donut-themed obstacles, but I rarely turn down fried bread of any sort, especially when it's free

2014-08-29 11:32 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I really like meatballs.

Mmmmmm, is it lunch time yet?

2014-08-29 11:41 AM

User image

Veteran
Austin, Texas

Holy Schmokes! You don't mess around. Lol. Good luck...with all of it!

Still looking at going to IMAZ (hopefully) and would still like to do Ragnar with you and J. If not this year, maybe next (unless we're all doing IMAZ )

And all THAT would be a dumptruck full of awesome.    Good luck and enjoy what looks to be a wild ride!

Matt

2014-08-29 12:06 PM

User image

Melon Presser

I really like meatballs.

Mmmmmm, is it lunch time yet?

It is ALWAYS lunch time.

They have some rib-stickin' eating in Colorado

2014-08-29 12:08 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Just want to point out that STACE FACE is driving into Perth city center tomorrow (like a 30km journey for her EACH WAY) to pick up my race packet (she already has hers).

That's a MANATEE right there!

2014-08-29 12:10 PM

User image

Denver, CO

I'm getting hungry with all this discussion of meatballs and fried bread.

2014-08-29 12:14 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Wow!  Getting a personal invite from the SAC is awesome!!  I was only in Grand Junction once, but I loved it, so I plan on being jealous when you get the posting!  I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

2014-08-29 12:14 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Right?

definitely sounds like all systems normal!

2014-08-29 12:15 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Just want to point out that STACE FACE is driving into Perth city center tomorrow (like a 30km journey for her EACH WAY) to pick up my race packet (she already has hers).

Way to step up Stacey!!

2014-08-29 12:26 PM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723

Way to step up Stacey!!

Nice job Stacey!!!!!!!!!!

2014-08-29 1:20 PM

User image

Pennsylvania

Wow, a lot sure happened in the 19 (?) hours since I last checked in with the manatees!

Chris - praying and wishing the best for your MIL and wife

Yanti - whirlwind as usual, yay to seeing Kingsley and Stacey, the trip with Mutti will be restful and fun, hopefully, as long as she behaves herself

TJ - wow, my twin-separated-at-birth, what an opportunity and a life upheaval, but a good one!

Jen - hope your migraine doesn't fully take over, please feel better soon.

Mary - I'm so sorry it didn't work out to meet up this past weekend.  Take care of that hip!

Jo - thanks for filling us in on the amazing feat of your friend, incredible!

Just a little reminder to all - be sure to tell/show those close to you how much they mean to you and that you love them.

2014-08-29 1:23 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Chris - You and your family are in my thoughts

Jen - I hope the endo can adjust your thyroid meds.  Thinking of you.

Yanti - There is always a whirlwind around you!  We love you!

Jonathan TX - Great teamwork on the ride!

TJ - Sending Grand Junction thoughts your way!

Stacey - Great Manatee teamwork with packet pickup!

2014-08-29 1:27 PM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Racing Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events
====

August 30-31
Chris - Venice sprint relay on Saturday
TJ - Rebel Donut Dash on Saturday
Stacey - city2surf 12k on Sunday
Yanti - city2surf 12k on Sunday
Darren - The Vitruvian Man on Sunday
Mary - Broncos Back to Football 7k on Sunday
TJ - Broncos Back to Football 7k on Sunday
Salty - Labor Day Half Marathon (HM PNTF Championships) on Monday
Tom - DeWeese Park 5K on Tuesday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee
TJ - knee
Erin - shoulder
Monica - food poisoning (recovered?)
Ann Maria - torn rotator cuff. Surgery in November (will put back on DL after surgery)

2014-08-29 1:35 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master

I'm dying!  Jason just showed this to me and his parents. Sound familiar?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B03dFMG8nR4

ETA: little language...iffy for work

Edited by 4agoodlife 2014-08-29 1:37 PM

2014-08-29 1:40 PM

User image

Master

Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing Manatees!

====

August 30-31

Disabled List
Tom - right knee
TJ - knee
Erin - shoulder
Ann Maria - torn rotator cuff. Surgery in November (will put back on DL after surgery)

Whoooo-Wheeeee! What an awesome racing list!!!!

I'm only DL for swimming...and that better change this weekend

2014-08-29 2:03 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Racing Manatees!

====

August 30-31

Disabled List
Tom - right knee
TJ - knee
Erin - shoulder

Wow! We're busy busy this weekend! GO RACERS!!!!!!!!!! DS2 will be joining Mary and I on the Broncos 50 yard line! I love that we have 2 Manatee meetups this weekend. Not sure what a Vitruvian is but can't wait to read Darren's RR, and Salty's! Maybe we'll see a sneak peek of Yanti's race from Stacey's RR because we really can't expect to see Yanti's RR any time soon.  Chris, have fun even though it's Venice, FL and not Venice Italy . Tom, lets see you lay down some more of those great race times!

ETA: I reFUSE to let this stoopid knee get in the way of my racing and training!

Edited by rrrunner 2014-08-29 2:04 PM
2014-08-29 2:36 PM

User image

Melon Presser

GO DUB6!!!
GO TEEJ^2!!!
GO STACE FACE!!!
GO ME!!!
GO DAZZERS!
GO HAPPYSTONED!!!
GO SALTY!!!
GO FOXAY!!!

Disabled List - sniff. {MELON PRESS}

2014-08-29 3:21 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Racing Manatees!

====

August 30-31

Disabled List
Tom - right knee
TJ - knee
Erin - shoulder

What a super duper list of racing Manatees!!  And, 2 MM (manatee meetups) is just crazy 

DLers, get off that list!!  BTW, I think this may be the first time we have a projected DL.  So happy I have the honor 

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42105 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37231 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72646 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50220 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25579 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.