BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-09-15 4:24 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Originally posted by rrrunner

haha...I meant in general, not necessarily on Strava. You're just a racing machine these days!

My countdown app has only 3 races in it now! And two of them are this weekend

I went back a buncha buncha Manatee threads to see what the clothing recommendations were for the Dirty Girl last year (the one that got rained out). Thanks again Judi and Hands for the suggestions. I'll have to see what I have left for tri-shorts/suits that I don't wear for racing tris.

Is DH ready for the fallout from this?

Snowsuit? Or is it supposed to warm up? Wasn't there snow down into CO last weekend? lol

Mary tells me it's nice now but planning for RAIN this weekend. Should make the Dirty Girl dirtier. At least the swim for the tri is wetsuit legal and I will remember to bring my arm warmers this time!

Edited by rrrunner 2014-09-15 4:25 PM

2014-09-15 4:35 PM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by cdban66

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

We've scratched the possible tri off our list for this weekend. Thought about it up until last night, but check out this article.   Anyone had OWS in water like this?  There was a swim clinic yesterday, and people were posting about how bad the water is. Plus another storm coming up from Mexico in the next couple of days which means more crap into the lake.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/tempe/2014/09/13/residents-complain-sludge-tempe-town-lake-historic-storm/15572399/

"The water is good to go for the event". Ewwwwwww!  Hope it's better by IMAZ! I heard someone joke once about bodies in there!

ICK!!!  I really don't remember what the water was like for IMAZ in 2012 other than the fact that it was C-O-L-D!!!  

What kind of Canuck are you?!?!?! Eh?

A bad one, which is why I'm now living in the heat of Texas!!!  

2014-09-15 4:37 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by laffinrock

Cat or dog lover. This is cute.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10201130780991613

Awwwww.  One of our dogs plays with our cat every night while we're eating dinner.  They have a regular routine that's always good for a laugh. 

What is it with cat ears?  Both our dogs like to lick the cat's ears.  She puts up with it too.  So weird!

Ha!  One of the cats will lick the ears of the other one when he gets all jealous and wants to be in the "better" spot on the couch... he's also the not-so-bright-so-its-a-good-thing-hes-cute one who doesn't realize that all she does is move to the other side of the person's lap and voilá!  Back in the perfect position for making one of the humans pay attention to her.  

Cute little furry jerks.  

2014-09-15 4:42 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master

We've scratched the possible tri off our list for this weekend. Thought about it up until last night, but check out this article.   Anyone had OWS in water like this?  There was a swim clinic yesterday, and people were posting about how bad the water is. Plus another storm coming up from Mexico in the next couple of days which means more crap into the lake.

http://www.azcentral.com/story/news/local/tempe/2014/09/13/residents-complain-sludge-tempe-town-lake-historic-storm/15572399/

"The water is good to go for the event". Ewwwwwww!  Hope it's better by IMAZ! I heard someone joke once about bodies in there!

ICK!!!  I really don't remember what the water was like for IMAZ in 2012 other than the fact that it was C-O-L-D!!!  

A bad one, which is why I'm now living in the heat of Texas!!!  

All the other Canucks will think you did it for penance. (we'll keep your "secret")

2014-09-15 4:43 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Nevermind

Edited by laffinrock 2014-09-15 4:44 PM
2014-09-15 4:52 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

haha...I meant in general, not necessarily on Strava. You're just a racing machine these days!

I went back a buncha buncha Manatee threads to see what the clothing recommendations were for the Dirty Girl last year (the one that got rained out). Thanks again Judi and Hands for the suggestions. I'll have to see what I have left for tri-shorts/suits that I don't wear for racing tris.

Snowsuit? Or is it supposed to warm up? Wasn't there snow down into CO last weekend? lol

Mary tells me it's nice now but planning for RAIN this weekend. Should make the Dirty Girl dirtier. At least the swim for the tri is wetsuit legal and I will remember to bring my arm warmers this time!

To clarify, it's 60% chance of rain on Friday, but only 10-20% on Sat. and Sun.  And COLD water for the tri!!  64* water temp yesterday and not likely to warm up much.

2014-09-15 4:57 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

To clarify, it's 60% chance of rain on Friday, but only 10-20% on Sat. and Sun.  And COLD water for the tri!!  64* water temp yesterday and not likely to warm up much.

When I did Deserts Edge the water was the warmest part of the day! 64 shouldn't be too bad with a wetsuit.

2014-09-15 5:06 PM

User image

Master

Ours is headed up...warm hurricane!  

2014-09-15 5:11 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Keep that over there mkay?

2014-09-15 5:34 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

Keep that over there mkay?

X2!!

2014-09-15 6:25 PM

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

I am doing a century ride this weekend that  I've planned to do for a while.   As usual I think I could be better prepared physically.   Hopefully it's just nerves.    This century will venture up into the "hills" of middle/eastern Tennessee.  Which means it has between 5000 and 6000 feet of climb.   To offset the nerves I have swapped out my double crank set for a triple.     Was running with a 52/39.   Now have a 50/40/30.  My rear cassette is a 12-30.  Have wrench can do.   I know that I can climb anything now....

Edited by MadMathemagician 2014-09-15 6:26 PM

2014-09-15 6:35 PM

User image

Master
Orlando

Cat or dog lover. This is cute.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=10201130780991613

Awwwww.  One of our dogs plays with our cat every night while we're eating dinner.  They have a regular routine that's always good for a laugh. 

What is it with cat ears?  Both our dogs like to lick the cat's ears.  She puts up with it too.  So weird!

Ha!  One of the cats will lick the ears of the other one when he gets all jealous and wants to be in the "better" spot on the couch... he's also the not-so-bright-so-its-a-good-thing-hes-cute one who doesn't realize that all she does is move to the other side of the person's lap and voilá!  Back in the perfect position for making one of the humans pay attention to her.  

Cute little furry jerks.  

love those videos.  

2014-09-15 6:37 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Orlando

Yikes! Hurricanes are no bueno!!  Stay safe!!

2014-09-16 12:16 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Thanks! By the time it gets to us it's a tropical storm, but hear it may be worse than the "hundred year storm" that hit us last week. People up near Phoenix aren't cleaned up from that one yet...though might be a good thing.
2014-09-16 6:27 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

A bad SMART one, which is why I'm now living in the heat of Texas!!!  

Fixed that for ya.

Speaking of your new home, how is the apartment coming along? And how are ya'll adjusting to the heat? And how are the motorcycles doing? 

2014-09-16 7:00 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

Fixed that for ya.

Speaking of your new home, how is the apartment coming along? And how are ya'll adjusting to the heat? And how are the motorcycles doing? 

It's nice of you to throw in a little southern lingo to help her transition!

2014-09-16 7:01 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723

Fixed that for ya.

It's nice of you to throw in a little southern lingo to help her transition!

I do what I can.

2014-09-16 7:05 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Originally posted by jmkizer

Racing  Manatees!

A listing of Manatee Races, Rides and Runs and other events

September 13-14
Jonathan TX - Rose City Triathlon on Saturday
TJ - Patriot Triathlon on Saturday
Kirsten - Cultus Lake Triathlon on Sunday
Melanie - Atlantic City International Triathlon on Sunday
Yanti - Bali Half Marathon on Sunday

Disabled List
Tom - right knee
Erin - shoulder, teeth
Janyne - shoulder

Sorry forgive me for not updating my training log correctly. I decided to just help put this race on instead. It was a blast encouraging all the newbies and cheering for everyone. Had a really great day and helped my friends get some big PRs. It looks like I will be Race Director for this race starting next year so I needed to just flow on Saturday and oversee everything.
2014-09-16 8:38 AM
in reply to: JJ-

User image

Veteran
East Texas
Oh and my friends on strava know how much I've joked about being a roadie lately however today I started my marathon training. 18 weeks till Houston Chevron!!
2014-09-16 9:44 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by JJ-

Racing  Manatees!

September 13-14

Disabled List
Tom - right knee
Erin - shoulder, teeth
Janyne - shoulder

Sorry forgive me for not updating my training log correctly. I decided to just help put this race on instead. It was a blast encouraging all the newbies and cheering for everyone. Had a really great day and helped my friends get some big PRs. It looks like I will be Race Director for this race starting next year so I needed to just flow on Saturday and oversee everything.

Dang, moving up in the world!  Glad you had fun volunteering and hope next year doesn't drive you completely around the bend. 

2014-09-16 9:56 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by JJ- Oh and my friends on strava know how much I've joked about being a roadie lately however today I started my marathon training. 18 weeks till Houston Chevron!!

Good luck, have fun and stay HEALTHY!!

2014-09-16 10:36 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JJ- Oh and my friends on strava know how much I've joked about being a roadie lately however today I started my marathon training. 18 weeks till Houston Chevron!!

Woo Hoo!

2014-09-16 10:37 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by JJ-

Racing  Manatees!

September 13-14

Disabled List
Tom - right knee
Erin - shoulder, teeth
Janyne - shoulder

Congrats!

2014-09-16 10:41 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

I put this in my training log but I thought I'd let all of you know that I'll be having shoulder surgery pretty much as soon as the insurance approval comes through,

I saw the doctor this morning and here are the results.  Posterior shoulder dislocation resulting in (Apparently it takes special talent to dislocate your shoulder out the back (or stopping your 20mph bike with you shoulder), and a posterior dislocation basically always results in a tear.)

• Torn labrum and ligaments
  • Reverse Bankart
  • Reverse Hill-Sachs
  • Loose cartilage
  • Outpatient surgery to reattach labrum. In sling for 6 weeks post op. Out of work one week. On trainer 1-2 weeks post op (outdoor riding in 8-12 weeks), running 6-8 weeks post op. No swimming for 3-4 months.

We talked about how long until I can s/b/r and then I asked about work. Is that wrong?

2014-09-16 10:43 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I put this in my training log but I thought I'd let all of you know that I'll be having shoulder surgery pretty much as soon as the insurance approval comes through,

I saw the doctor this morning and here are the results.  Posterior shoulder dislocation resulting in (Apparently it takes special talent to dislocate your shoulder out the back (or stopping your 20mph bike with you shoulder), and a posterior dislocation basically always results in a tear.)

• Torn labrum and ligaments
  • Reverse Bankart
  • Reverse Hill-Sachs
  • Loose cartilage
  • Outpatient surgery to reattach labrum. In sling for 6 weeks post op. Out of work one week. On trainer 1-2 weeks post op (outdoor riding in 8-12 weeks), running 6-8 weeks post op. No swimming for 3-4 months.

We talked about how long until I can s/b/r and then I asked about work. Is that wrong?

Priorities.

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42057 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37195 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72635 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50185 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25569 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.