BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-10-15 10:24 AM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

E's mom is finally home from the hospital.  During the surgery, they discovered the blockage to be about 40%, so they opted to try to treat it with medicine and not a stent and apparently there is not a valve problem.  Keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to improve for her and FIL.

2014-10-15 10:33 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Master

Monica, great news about Tony's new job!  Congrats.

Melanie, good to hear your MIL's surgery went well and that there are no valve problems.  Continued good thoughts.

2014-10-15 10:39 AM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by melbo55

E's mom is finally home from the hospital.  During the surgery, they discovered the blockage to be about 40%, so they opted to try to treat it with medicine and not a stent and apparently there is not a valve problem.  Keeping my fingers crossed that things continue to improve for her and FIL.

What great news!!  Sending healing thoughts to both of them.  ((Hugs))

2014-10-15 12:10 PM
in reply to: brigby1

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Originally posted by amd723

Can one (or more) of you helpful Manatees tell me what I need to do to allow BT and Garmin to auto sync?  I know there was a discussion about it not too long ago, but I can't find it and, happily, I have something to log

Is anyone's Garmin Connect not syncing with Strava this week?  I have a couple rides that didn't drop in, but that hit TP and BT.

So far so good. How long did you give it to sync?

It hadn't synced after more than a day.  But after I dropped in a swim last night it synced all three workouts.  Weird.

Ha! Haven't had a delay like that yet. Just a few minutes for some. Think usually a bike workout. Not so surprising as those tend to be bigger. Good thing it showed for you!

Though now my swim from last night hasn't dropped into BT or TP.  Strange stuff I tell ya.

2014-10-15 12:40 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by amd723

Can one (or more) of you helpful Manatees tell me what I need to do to allow BT and Garmin to auto sync?  I know there was a discussion about it not too long ago, but I can't find it and, happily, I have something to log

Is anyone's Garmin Connect not syncing with Strava this week?  I have a couple rides that didn't drop in, but that hit TP and BT.

So far so good. How long did you give it to sync?

It hadn't synced after more than a day.  But after I dropped in a swim last night it synced all three workouts.  Weird.

Ha! Haven't had a delay like that yet. Just a few minutes for some. Think usually a bike workout. Not so surprising as those tend to be bigger. Good thing it showed for you!

Though now my swim from last night hasn't dropped into BT or TP.  Strange stuff I tell ya.

The aliens took it

Edited by rrrunner 2014-10-15 12:42 PM
2014-10-15 2:55 PM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Soooo, I just got off the phone with Coach. He wanted to run his winter group plan by me. He didn't give me prices but said he plans to include (in a 10 week plan) 10  cycling studio sessions, 10 yoga sessions, 3 massage sessions and weekly strength training sessions.

I told him I'm Maraton focused for the next few months but that those are all cross training things I need to be doing anyway. Then he started to talk about individualized coaching. Still not sure I want to pay for that. I'm liking the Advanced Marathoning plan but maybe Coach could get me to Boston? hmmmmm...

Dammit, I thought I had this all settled!

ETA: He started the conversation with "I wanted to let you know the Cowboys are 5-1". I told him I'm liking Dallas right now... they beat Seattle

Edited by rrrunner 2014-10-15 3:07 PM

2014-10-15 3:07 PM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master

Originally posted by rrrunner

Soooo, I just got off the phone with Coach. He wanted to run his winter group plan by me. He didn't give me prices but said he plans to include (in a 10 week plan) 10  cycling studio sessions, 10 yoga sessions, 3 massage sessions and weekly strength training sessions.

I told him I'm Maraton focused for the next few months but that those are all cross training things I need to be doing anyway. Then he started to talk about individualized coaching. Still not sure I want to pay for that. I'm liking the Advanced Marathoning plan but maybe Coach could get me to Boston? hmmmmm...

Don't you have caller ID?

2014-10-15 3:14 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Don't you have caller ID?

Oh, BTW, DS2 goes to basic in February

2014-10-15 4:03 PM

User image

Master

Dangit. I had all my responses to the last three pages of Pod News...and the wireless cut out. Just know I did catch up with races, and jobs, and health.

And I have preschool time with Mak now.

2014-10-15 4:10 PM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I just got the map of photographer locations for RnR Denver. There are a bunch at the start, which will be crowded so may or may not get a good pic. Then the next photographer is just past the 8 mile mark. What the...?! Do they really have to wait until everyone is starting to look like... well, like they've run 8 miles?!

(image.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
image.jpg (193KB - 4 downloads)
2014-10-15 5:22 PM

User image

Master

I just got the map of photographer locations for RnR Denver. There are a bunch at the start, which will be crowded so may or may not get a good pic. Then the next photographer is just past the 8 mile mark. What the...?! Do they really have to wait until everyone is starting to look like... well, like they've run 8 miles?!

Don't you want to look back and see how hard you worked? lol  Just check out all those photo ops near the finish! I'm not sure that I've seen an end of race pic of myself that I've ever been tempted to buy. Marathon was closest because J and I were together. 

And good to have some date set for DS2's departure! I mean, you're not in limbo anymore. Even better is that it's after holidays

2014-10-15 5:35 PM

User image

Master

We're in full IM mode around here. J picked up a set of Reynolds Assault wheels (with a PowerTap Pro which he's thinking long-term to be useful, not worried about now) a couple of days ago. He did a wetsuit check in the pool today. And he's doing Soma this weekend (70.3), so our long ride is out. I'll be checking with the mtb group to see if they're going out Saturday morning. I'm not giving up everything for IMAZ

2014-10-15 7:33 PM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

ETA: He started the conversation with "I wanted to let you know the Cowboys are 5-1". I told him I'm liking Dallas right now... they beat Seattle

so if you are marathon focused and you would be using the group session for cross training do you really want to pay the $$$ for them.

Also if you are going to go with a coach for your marathon is he the one you would choose or are you just thinking that way so you don't hurt his feelings? What is his experience with coaching runners?
2014-10-15 7:47 PM

User image

Master

Soooo, I just got trying the phone with Coach. He wanted to run his winter group plan by me. He didn't give me prices but said he plans to include (in a 10 week plan) 10  cycling studio sessions, 10 yoga sessions, 3 massage sessions and weekly strength training sessions.

Was he running it by you for input or to sell you on it? or maybe trying to get you to co-coach...
2014-10-15 9:22 PM
in reply to: #5032558

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Stacey very good points that I've wondered myself. He's only been coaching a couple years. So then the question is whether a newer coach is better than self coached using a book.

Erin he said he wanted my input whether it sounded like a good package, but probably also to gauge if I'm coming back to the group
2014-10-15 9:57 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner Stacey very good points that I've wondered myself. He's only been coaching a couple years. So then the question is whether a newer coach is better than self coached using a book. Erin he said he wanted my input whether it sounded like a good package, but probably also to gauge if I'm coming back to the group

I'd say that a coach who you click with--not necessarily get along with, but respect--and who helps you achieve your goals is better than a book, no matter how long they've been coaching.  He seems like a nice enough guy and you *could* give him another shot now that you've worked together for a bit.  I'm not sure it would be much different and it sounds like you're not sure either.  Honestly, it sounds like he likes you more than you like him.  Listen to your ambivalence.  That's your answer.

2014-10-15 10:03 PM

User image

Denver, CO

We're in full IM mode around here. J picked up a set of Reynolds Assault wheels (with a PowerTap Pro which he's thinking long-term to be useful, not worried about now) a couple of days ago. He did a wetsuit check in the pool today. And he's doing Soma this weekend (70.3), so our long ride is out. I'll be checking with the mtb group to see if they're going out Saturday morning. I'm not giving up everything for IMAZ

Woo hoo!  Just a month to go.  Has J done an IM before?  Glad to hear IMAZ hasn't completely consumed your household.  Keep your teeth in your head with the mtb group, though, okay?

2014-10-15 10:34 PM

Master
Northern IL

Don't you want to look back and see how hard you worked? lol  Just check out all those photo ops near the finish! I'm not sure that I've seen an end of race pic of myself that I've ever been tempted to buy. Marathon was closest because J and I were together. 

And good to have some date set for DS2's departure! I mean, you're not in limbo anymore. Even better is that it's after holidays

The 8 mile mark is not a typo, right? I'd guess they are allowing things to spread out some and get a higher percentage of people in more individual shots. Otherwise it could just be crowds. Also, considering this is a marathon I really do hope you're still feeling pretty good at 8 miles in! 

2014-10-15 10:56 PM
in reply to: #5060342

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Wellll it's a HM. I do hope to still be feeling pretty good at 8 miles, but photogeni? That's a big ask.
2014-10-15 10:58 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner Wellll it's a HM. I do hope to still be feeling pretty good at 8 miles, but photogeni? That's a big ask.

Heck, you'll know where they're going to be.  Just stop a 1/4 mile before to brush your hair, wipe your face and put on some lipstick.  You'll look fabulous!

2014-10-16 8:50 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by rrrunner Stacey very good points that I've wondered myself. He's only been coaching a couple years. So then the question is whether a newer coach is better than self coached using a book. Erin he said he wanted my input whether it sounded like a good package, but probably also to gauge if I'm coming back to the group

I'd say that a coach who you click with--not necessarily get along with, but respect--and who helps you achieve your goals is better than a book, no matter how long they've been coaching.  He seems like a nice enough guy and you *could* give him another shot now that you've worked together for a bit.  I'm not sure it would be much different and it sounds like you're not sure either.  Honestly, it sounds like he likes you more than you like him.  Listen to your ambivalence.  That's your answer.

That's what I was thinking as well.

2014-10-16 9:24 AM
in reply to: jmkizer

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by jmkizer

+1

2014-10-16 10:31 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

+1

You are all absolutely correct. Thanks!

In other news... Dorothy Beal is going to be at the RnR expo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA:

I'm jealous of Rinny's relationship with her coach. Did anyone else see the video on instagram when Rinny ran past Siri on her way to another championship. Siri was so encouraging, then went right back to coaching. So cool.

Has anyone seen the documentary Running the Sahara. Saw it last night. Three guys ran across Africa! In 110 days! Not the "narrow" part either! Incredible.

Edited by rrrunner 2014-10-16 10:41 AM
2014-10-16 12:20 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

+1

You are all absolutely correct. Thanks!

In other news... Dorothy Beal is going to be at the RnR expo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ETA:

I'm jealous of Rinny's relationship with her coach. Did anyone else see the video on instagram when Rinny ran past Siri on her way to another championship. Siri was so encouraging, then went right back to coaching. So cool.

Has anyone seen the documentary Running the Sahara. Saw it last night. Three guys ran across Africa! In 110 days! Not the "narrow" part either! Incredible.

Having a coach is much like anything else, you have to find the right one for YOU.  

Sounds like an interesting documentary - is it on Netflix??  We don't get cable until tomorrow -  but I'm REALLY excited to be able to watch football, AHS, and anything else that I've been missing out on!!  

2014-10-16 12:23 PM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Hey Marvelous Manatees,

I'm desperately trying to put together my Betty 2015 application video (and finding out in the process just how bad at this I really am), but I need a song to be playing in the background - any suggestions?  

Before you ask, yes "Black Betty" has already been used by a number of other applicants so I'd like to stay away from that.   

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42449 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37483 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72897 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50553 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25778 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.