BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-10-20 6:08 PM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

Originally posted by laffinrock

Awkward moment of the day:  I was standing talking with a coworker when my skirt just dropped to the floor.  I knew it was looser because I've lost weight due to all my training, but I had no idea it was THAT loose. Thank goodness it didn't happen 5 minutes earlier when I was talking with my boss!!!

You could've said, "Is this a good time to bring up the subject of a 'raise'?"

2014-10-20 6:11 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Western Australia

Awkward moment of the day:  I was standing talking with a coworker when my skirt just dropped to the floor.  I knew it was looser because I've lost weight due to all my training, but I had no idea it was THAT loose. Thank goodness it didn't happen 5 minutes earlier when I was talking with my boss!!!

Oh my Goodness...there's another reason to have clean underwear on which wasn't on my grandma's list

She always used to say a lady:
- always wears clean underwear
- always wears stockings with a dress or skirt
- never wears patent leather shoes with a skirt because it reflects the clean underwear

Edited by StaceyK 2014-10-20 6:16 PM
2014-10-20 6:19 PM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master

Originally posted by ponderingfox

I don't think I posted it here, but this last week I went to see an ortho.  My knee is still bothering me, and that's just not natural.  I finally decided to switch from giving it time to heal to getting some medical follow up.

The ortho thought that I might have a torn lateral meniscus in my right knee.  I have an MRI on Wednesday morning, and then a follow up visit with the ortho next week.  I really want to know what's going on, so I can move beyond it.  Injuries, we all know, are very frustrating.

Smart decision. We're tired of seeing you on the DL.

2014-10-20 6:32 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Master

Originally posted by Asalzwed

Hey guys, I'm back! Sort of. Trying not to drown.

I've got a lot on my plate and feel like I'm taking the 1 step forward, 12 steps back (especially as it applies to my running) it's been difficult to run as my breathing is a bit of a struggle. Although it's healing nicely, I've got an infection in the sinuses and nasal cavity (sorry TMI) and possible some nerve damage (I have a lazy eyelid at the moment) but my sight is not impaired (w00t!) so that is good! 

I raced Saturday despite the whole 12 steps back. It was difficult but I finished! Also our team won the meet. Yay! I'm hoping to be back to where I want to be but I guess I will continue to practice patience as this year (after a couple of surgeries) is shaping up to be the ultimate test.

Japan was absolutely amazing. Just amazing. So, I can't really complain. I'm just struggling a bit. 

I'll catch up at a snails pace but I just wanted to check in!

Sorry about the infection. Blech! You and Monica can talk antibiotics when she pops in.

Japan was amazing!... you know, for those of who live vicariously.

You will pass this year's test because you are a great student of your body and its abilities.

2014-10-20 7:43 PM
in reply to: 4agoodlife

User image

Master

Jason did Soma 70.3 yesterday. I took the kids up to watch the run, and they did pretty well cheering people on and being patient. T really liked when racers gave him "five" or said thanks for cowbell   Mak just wanted to play in sprinklers and chase birds.

I'm solo for a few days again. J's sister bought WS game #1 tickets for J and his dad. He's gone til Thursday, and I'm finding activities to keep up busy here during T's fall break. Tonight we're camping out in the backyard...firepit, hot dogs, and s'mores included. 

2014-10-21 9:24 AM

User image

Denver, CO

2014-10-21 9:27 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yanti - I hope that you and Tina are doing well and that Mutti is improving. Thanks for posting Mutti updates on FB. How about a Yanti update?  As always, you are in my thoughts. {{hugs}}

Matt - It's good to hear that you are enjoying Austin. I look forward to seeing more of you here in Manatee Central!

Tom - Sorry to hear about the meniscus but glad that you are seeing someone about it. Please keep us updated.

Ben - Thanks for the RR. I'm getting to it :-)

Jonathan TX - You've been busy!  Glad that Meagan is doing well, acid reflux notwithstanding.  Congrats to yout son on his first tri. Sorry to hear about the hammy but hopefully that arrosti will fix you up.  What's this about change of work location?

Mary - What Erin said about the skirt - time for a raise! To answer your question about Jonathan TN, he came home and went dark. I'm sure he's ust super busy, right?

Adrienne - Welcome back! I didn't realize you were racing this weekend. I thought that you were still in Japan! Lots of positive thoughts for a quick and complete recovery.

2014-10-21 9:34 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by 4agoodlife

Jason did Soma 70.3 yesterday. I took the kids up to watch the run, and they did pretty well cheering people on and being patient. T really liked when racers gave him "five" or said thanks for cowbell   Mak just wanted to play in sprinklers and chase birds.

I'm solo for a few days again. J's sister bought WS game #1 tickets for J and his dad. He's gone til Thursday, and I'm finding activities to keep up busy here during T's fall break. Tonight we're camping out in the backyard...firepit, hot dogs, and s'mores included. 

I'm with Mak - playing in sprinklers and chasing birds is the best!

2014-10-21 9:43 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Orlando

I had a great time in the North Carolina mountains and am now even more jealous of the weather up there! It got down to 40*s.  That is super cold for this Florida girl!!  But, it was great.

I'm not going to do a RR, so the short story is:  I switched to the 5k from the HM because of my Achilles injury which kept me from running for about 3 weeks before the race.  I was able to get in 2 short shake out/check things out runs in the few days before the race.  The 5k was a pretty flat course and I was able to run it faster than I thought I would be able.    My Achilles did not give me any problem either during or after the run, so yay!  I won my AG, so yay again   And, obviously, I know how to pick the right races   All in all, this was a successful trip.  It was even more successful b/c I was up there with a lot of friends, made some new ones, and we had a great time together.

I'm back at work and already trying to plan my next trip to NC!!

Hope the rest of you had a great weekend too!

2014-10-21 9:49 AM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by amd723

I had a great time in the North Carolina mountains and am now even more jealous of the weather up there! It got down to 40*s.  That is super cold for this Florida girl!!  But, it was great.

I'm not going to do a RR, so the short story is:  I switched to the 5k from the HM because of my Achilles injury which kept me from running for about 3 weeks before the race.  I was able to get in 2 short shake out/check things out runs in the few days before the race.  The 5k was a pretty flat course and I was able to run it faster than I thought I would be able.    My Achilles did not give me any problem either during or after the run, so yay!  I won my AG, so yay again   And, obviously, I know how to pick the right races   All in all, this was a successful trip.  It was even more successful b/c I was up there with a lot of friends, made some new ones, and we had a great time together.

Welcome back and congratulations!

2014-10-21 11:20 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Yay for the podium and DOUBLE YAY for getting off the DL!!  Way to go on listening to your body and knowing your limits.  Sounds like you made an excellent choice, plus you had fun with friends.  Doesn't get much better than that!

2014-10-21 1:36 PM

User image

Seattle

Ben - I need to read the RR, lookin' forward to it!

Yanti - I hope things continue to improve. Thank you so much for the package btw!!! 

Ann-Marie- Nice work! So glad to hear the Achilles didn't bother you. 

Tom - Happy Birthday! Let us know whats up with the knee

Matt - So, the beer mile championship is going to be hosted in Austin. Just sayin'

2014-10-21 1:38 PM

User image

Seattle

I've got a lot on my plate and feel like I'm taking the 1 step forward, 12 steps back (especially as it applies to my running) it's been difficult to run as my breathing is a bit of a struggle. Although it's healing nicely, I've got an infection in the sinuses and nasal cavity (sorry TMI) and possible some nerve damage (I have a lazy eyelid at the moment) but my sight is not impaired (w00t!) so that is good! 

I raced Saturday despite the whole 12 steps back. It was difficult but I finished! Also our team won the meet. Yay! I'm hoping to be back to where I want to be but I guess I will continue to practice patience as this year (after a couple of surgeries) is shaping up to be the ultimate test.

Japan was absolutely amazing. Just amazing. So, I can't really complain. I'm just struggling a bit. 

Sorry about the infection. Blech! You and Monica can talk antibiotics when she pops in.

You will pass this year's test because you are a great student of your body and its abilities.

Awww thanks. That is so sweet.

And yeah Mon I feel for you and your infections, at least we haven't needed our heads amputated...yet. 

2014-10-21 4:11 PM
in reply to: Asalzwed

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Awww thanks. That is so sweet.

And yeah Mon I feel for you and your infections, at least we haven't needed our heads amputated...yet. 

I'm pretty sure they came close to that yesterday in the hospital for me... 

Sorry to hear that you've got some ickiness going on too.  It's SO, SO, SO, SO, SO, SO gross.  To put it mildly.  

2014-10-21 4:22 PM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Pennsylvania

My heart goes out to our not 100% manatees, Yanti/Mutti/family, Salty, Janyne, Monica, Tom, Ann-Marie, and any other injured/sick manatees I hopefully didn't overlook.  Big hugs for you guys, I hate seeing any of you in any degree of distress/pain.

2014-10-21 4:40 PM
in reply to: melbo55

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by melbo55

My heart goes out to our not 100% manatees, Yanti/Mutti/family, Salty, Janyne, Monica, Tom, Ann-Marie, and any other injured/sick manatees I hopefully didn't overlook.  Big hugs for you guys, I hate seeing any of you in any degree of distress/pain.

+1

2014-10-22 4:28 AM
in reply to: #5032558

User image

Melon Presser
Things pretty bad please pray chant kill a chicken whatever tx
2014-10-22 5:24 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti Things pretty bad please pray chant kill a chicken whatever tx

sorry to hear this, will keep you all in my thoughts.

2014-10-22 6:26 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti Things pretty bad please pray chant kill a chicken whatever tx

sorry to hear this, will keep you all in my thoughts.

There is way too much sickness and injury in here lately. I hope everyone starts improving healthwise soon. I'm keeping everyone in my thoughts and prayers.

2014-10-22 7:33 AM

User image

Veteran
Western Australia
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Oh Yanti so sorry to hear this. Last FB post I saw things seemed to be heading in the right direction with Mutti. Sending love and {{{{{{{mastiff melon presses}}}}}}} stay safe and get better yourself too.
2014-10-22 8:47 AM
in reply to: StaceyK

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by StaceyK

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Oh Yanti so sorry to hear this. Last FB post I saw things seemed to be heading in the right direction with Mutti. Sending love and {{{{{{{mastiff melon presses}}}}}}} stay safe and get better yourself too.

URGH I go away for a few days and everything falls apart?!

Stacey I saw the same post and I too thought things were getting better. Hang in there Yanti - you've already proven to be the strongest person I know!

2014-10-22 9:03 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

Originally posted by melbo55

+1

Had my MRI this morning.  Follow up is next week.  7:00 AM scan. I fell asleep in the tube.

2014-10-22 9:13 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Sending lots of love and light and healing thoughts.  ((((HUGS)))), dear one.  No chicken is safe.

2014-10-22 9:15 AM

User image

Master
Somewhere on the Tennessee River

Life.   Just your everyday roller coaster ride.       Sorry I haven't been about lately.      Weather is now tolerable and my paces have picked up to winter mode.

2014-10-22 9:16 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Had my MRI this morning.  Follow up is next week.  7:00 AM scan. I fell asleep in the tube.

Funny how all that racket can be soothing, isn't it?  I've had the same experience.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.  Keep us posted!!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42055 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37191 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72634 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50182 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25568 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.