BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-10-22 9:22 AM
in reply to: #5061957

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)
Well I have a semi-comical addition to the Manatee hurty-ness. Mine is my being a klutz and is comical after the fact.

Last night walking in the dark bedroom I tripped over a plastic bin and landed on my left cheekbone. My neck made an audible pop and the immediate pain was pretty intense. I fumbled my way to the bathroom because the reason I was up in the first place was now intensified by the pain. Then I went back to the bedroom floor and took inventory of all the parts. I could feel and move everything and nothing Was in pain except my neck. I lay there discussing the options with DH and we decided to call my RN SIL. She wanted me to get it checked but in absence of that to ice it and take Advil. As we continued to talk it through I decided getting it checked was probably the prudent thing to do but I didn't want an ambulance. So I had DH help me dress (I also didn't want to go half nekkid) and he drove me to the hospital.

After a CT Scan everything checked out ok an the doc sent me home with some dope. So after a difficult night of laying flat I am now reclined on the couch. Feeling better but a bit hurty. No DL for me, this will pass quickly I think.

The bummer is I was all set to start some core training this morning!

2014-10-22 9:25 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by rrrunner Well I have a semi-comical addition to the Manatee hurty-ness. Mine is my being a klutz and is comical after the fact. Last night walking in the dark bedroom I tripped over a plastic bin and landed on my left cheekbone. My neck made an audible pop and the immediate pain was pretty intense. I fumbled my way to the bathroom because the reason I was up in the first place was now intensified by the pain. Then I went back to the bedroom floor and took inventory of all the parts. I could feel and move everything and nothing Was in pain except my neck. I lay there discussing the options with DH and we decided to call my RN SIL. She wanted me to get it checked but in absence of that to ice it and take Advil. As we continued to talk it through I decided getting it checked was probably the prudent thing to do but I didn't want an ambulance. So I had DH help me dress (I also didn't want to go half nekkid) and he drove me to the hospital. After a CT Scan everything checked out ok an the doc sent me home with some dope. So after a difficult night of laying flat I am now reclined on the couch. Feeling better but a bit hurty. No DL for me, this will pass quickly I think. The bummer is I was all set to start some core training this morning!

Ack! I'm sorry to hear this. Hopefully you'll be up and about soon. Take care!

2014-10-22 9:27 AM
in reply to: #5062031

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM
Prayers for Your Yantiness, Mutti and Tina
2014-10-22 9:26 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk
Originally posted by StaceyK
Originally posted by IndoIronYanti Things pretty bad please pray chant kill a chicken whatever tx
Oh Yanti so sorry to hear this. Last FB post I saw things seemed to be heading in the right direction with Mutti. Sending love and {{{{{{{mastiff melon presses}}}}}}} stay safe and get better yourself too.
URGH I go away for a few days and everything falls apart?! Stacey I saw the same post and I too thought things were getting better. Hang in there Yanti - you've already proven to be the strongest person I know!

{{hugs}}

Please update us when you can.

2014-10-22 10:14 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner Well I have a semi-comical addition to the Manatee hurty-ness. Mine is my being a klutz and is comical after the fact. Last night walking in the dark bedroom I tripped over a plastic bin and landed on my left cheekbone. My neck made an audible pop and the immediate pain was pretty intense. I fumbled my way to the bathroom because the reason I was up in the first place was now intensified by the pain. Then I went back to the bedroom floor and took inventory of all the parts. I could feel and move everything and nothing Was in pain except my neck. I lay there discussing the options with DH and we decided to call my RN SIL. She wanted me to get it checked but in absence of that to ice it and take Advil. As we continued to talk it through I decided getting it checked was probably the prudent thing to do but I didn't want an ambulance. So I had DH help me dress (I also didn't want to go half nekkid) and he drove me to the hospital. After a CT Scan everything checked out ok an the doc sent me home with some dope. So after a difficult night of laying flat I am now reclined on the couch. Feeling better but a bit hurty. No DL for me, this will pass quickly I think. The bummer is I was all set to start some core training this morning!

Ouch!!  If it doesn't clear up soon and you have a chiropractor, it might be time for a visit.  Sounds like you did an impromptu neck adjustment in the wrong direction.

2014-10-22 10:18 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Glad this doesn't seem too bad.  fingers crossed.

I expect  some dope induced posts today!

2014-10-22 10:22 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by laffinrock

Ouch!!  If it doesn't clear up soon and you have a chiropractor, it might be time for a visit.  Sounds like you did an impromptu neck adjustment in the wrong direction.

Mary lives in Colorado, maybe she can get you some painkillers. Says the guy voting in Fl.

2014-10-22 10:32 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by cdban66

Mary lives in Colorado, maybe she can get you some painkillers. Says the guy voting in Fl.

It might be illegal for me to ship 'em though.  Sorry.

2014-10-22 10:37 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

It might be illegal for me to ship 'em though.  Sorry.

Well, there's that. And the employment challenges the might arise for her. And any number of other issues.

2014-10-22 10:38 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

We already have a medical marijuana law in Florida (passed earlier this year) It should go into effect in January.  TJ, can you wait that long??

2014-10-22 10:51 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by amd723

We already have a medical marijuana law in Florida (passed earlier this year) It should go into effect in January.  TJ, can you wait that long??

And that raises questions for me.

2014-10-22 11:02 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti Things pretty bad please pray chant kill a chicken whatever tx

I had chicken strips last night for dinner, does that count?? 

Every fiber of my being is sending you all the good mojo I possibly can & keeping all of you, especially Mutti, in my thoughts.  xo

2014-10-22 11:03 AM

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Had my MRI this morning.  Follow up is next week.  7:00 AM scan. I fell asleep in the tube.

Funny how all that racket can be soothing, isn't it?  I've had the same experience.  I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.  Keep us posted!!

Ha!!  I'm glad I'm not the only one who fell asleep!  

2014-10-22 11:05 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Tony starts his new job on Monday and I've already asked if he can get samples... but I bet I still can't ship them anywhere.  

Sorry TJ!  

2014-10-22 11:27 AM
in reply to: blueyedbikergirl

User image

Master

Yanti, definitely sending prayers and good thoughts.

TJ, sorry to hear about your fall.  Hope things feel better soon.

2014-10-22 11:34 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Melon Presser

Manatee & by association PSA: everybodee stop fallin' and fallin' apart NOW, y'hear?

And please send a few pounds of whatever you got to Stuttgart, Germany. We all need it by now :P

2014-10-22 11:53 AM

User image

Seattle

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Tony starts his new job on Monday and I've already asked if he can get samples... but I bet I still can't ship them anywhere.  

Sorry TJ!  

Just come visit WA. You just have to walk into the store. Oh, and they make pot ice cream. Just sayin'

2014-10-22 12:11 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Beyond exhausted. Various texts to muddle through (written in German so sorry for shytty English thru GoogleTrans). Synopsis is that Mutti took a downturn yesterday despite overall improving, then suddenly in evening we got a call from doctor saying she was being discharged early tomorrow morning (meaning today). Here's what we faxed to hospital, after that, what we wrote to our uncle (a doctor, unfortunately he's in Northern Germany and we're in South) updating him on situation. SO MUCH THANKS for love prayers strength that's what we're fueling on right now. We're pretty spent and not much left. P.S.Despite what I wrote to uncle, Our Jakarta staff have managed to fach up everything to the extent that we have no flights home and the documents necessary to apply for Tina's visa extension (yup we're running into that too) are not ready. It's a bad situation and lots of extra stress for us trying to arrange all this shyte ourselves AND stay on top of them and what they've been doing/faching up.

Ref: Frau (mutti)
Bethesda Hospital, Stuttgart

Room xxx

An / To: Frau Dr. xxx (Attending Physician)

Date     : October 22, 2014

Yesterday, October 21, we arrived at the hospital around noon. At this time, Hilde slept late and ate breakfast (at 11:00), because she had just woken up. She also had just diarrhea, the nurses were not finished with the cleaning and tidying up her bed (but Hilde was clean, has new to Pampers and sitting in a chair). We left at about 4pm, with communication from you through the nurse saying Hilde would be assessed on a day to day basis. That evening at 8pm we received your oncall that Hilde was better and would be released from the hospital the next morning October 22.

We are very surprised over this news and we have concerns and questions.

What exactly was the cause of their disease, and what exactly was her illness? How can we know for sure that it is better, not contagious, and is ready discharged from the hospital to be?

Unfortunately, we do not have a clean and safe place for them until tomorrow. Stuttgart and the surrounding area are now almost fully booked. We live in a downtown hotel, which is not the best quality. We have an apartment in Backnang (about 15km northwest) only from tomorrow (on 23 October).

Next Yanti (younger daughter) still has a bad cough, and the two daughters still conjunctivitis (which we originally got from Hilde, Tina still difficult, and we do not want Hilde again infection). How can we and us now protect these things?

What exactly do we need to do for their continued recovery in the short term (until she travels back to Indonesia)? Special procedures, medications, diet? What she needs in a long time?

What are the reasons we should again with her ??to the hospital? If she has diarrhea? If it remains as it is now, but not further improved? Who should we call, and what exactly to do?

How exactly do we know when it is ready to fly back to Indonesia? (This trip takes in total 26 hours on the road).

We also still waiting for the entire tariff from Mrs. XXX in Administration 219; they told us that they would prepare this Total (or about Total) on Thursday, 23 Oct to tell. But until now we still do not know these rates and we have to prepare term money.

Thanks for considering. We would feel better about our mother Discharge from Hospital Bethesda, if it lasted at least another day (Discharge on October 23, 2014).

Dear Onkel, thank you again for listening to us, for your kindness and concern. This is to inform you of today’s events and our current condition.

When we arrived at the hospital this morning, Mutti was walking around her room without any clothes on, in a panic and breathing heavily. We could not find the nurse for her room, but another nurse told us that Mutti had been doing this all morning and had also gone out in the hallway. Half of Mutti’s belongings were packed up and it is unclear if she herself did that or the nursing staff. Her IV had been taken out and she was not wearing Pampers anymore.

I asked to speak with Mutti’s doctor about her sudden discharge from the hospital. Two doctors came (I believe the Chefartz and Oberarzt, but I do not know, I only know they were not involved with her care). They were certainly in a hurry. We stated our concerns and questions (see the attachment and text below, which we sent to her regular doctor, the one you spoke with, Dr K), but they answered only very quickly that these issues should not be a problem and Mutti will be fine. The medication they prescribed, the hospital could not give her (we do not know why), but they gave us a Rezept and said we should find an Apotheke.

Since yesterday, when Mutti still had diarrhea at Mittag, Dr K has not actually been in the hospital to see her. The nurse had saved Mutti’s soiled underwear from yesterday for the doctor to look at, but this had not happened and the dirty underwear were still in the room.

We noticed that the hospital was very busy and there were new patients in beds in the hallways waiting to go into rooms. The nursing and cleaning staff were polite (as always) but they were also in a big hurry and putting pressure on us to leave quickly.

No one helped us get her ready, get her belongings together, and although we helped her walk, she was not able to walk very far. I went to look for a wheelchair.

Tina went to Administration to inquire about the bill and payment (she has done this every day, but Administration told us they could not even give us an estimate), and the doctors had not prepared a final bill or sent the necessary information to Administration to prepare the bill. So we left without paying.

We took Mutti to the cleaner, safer hotel room (we have two hotel rooms because of a booking error). However, it is very small and with only two beds. But it is OK and we have an Appartement beginning tomorrow late afternoon at 4pm. Mutti already had diarrhea in her underwear again. It is green and watery. We cleaned her up. I am ashamed to say we took several things from the hospital, such as adult Pampers and gloves, but we are trying to keep her and us as clean and safe as possible and we simply do not have any equipment.

The doctors prescribed the antibiotic metronidazole (Clont or Flagyl). This is a new medication which she did not take in the hospital. We are very hesitant to give her this medication because:

1. The results of her stool culture are not yet finished (and we will not be able to know what these results are).
  2. It’s a new medication.
  3. Tina took this medication for her recent diarrhea (several weeks before she left Indonesia) and it was not effective. She had to take another antibiotic afterward.
  4. Both Tina and I have taken this medication several times before, and it causes us significant diarrhea and stomach problems. It is quite hard on our body. Mutti is very sensitive to medications, much more than we are.
  5. She is a geriatric patient who is still fairly weak and in such a case, with this particular medication, the patient is usually monitored because the risk and severity of side effects is much higher.

Also, with her bradycardia, it was agreed on her admittance into hospital that the bisprolol (beta blocker) should be stopped. However, on the discharge papers, it indicates that the bisprolol was continued in the hospital and should be continued now, but that the resuvastatin (Concor, a CHOLESTEROL reducing medication) was stopped and should not be given any more now.

We are not sure what to do. We are taking very good care of her as best we can in these circumstances. Both of us are also still quite sick. We were wondering if in Germany there are home nurses? Is it possible to hire a nurse or nursing assistant to help us at the Appartement, even for a few hours a day? We also do not know what to do if she suddenly becomes worse or sicker.

Arian and our staff in Indonesia are trying very hard to get flights home for us. Right now with the Lufthansa strike it is very difficult to get local/regional flights (for example Stuttgart to Amsterdam) also making sure we can then get the connection from Amsterdam to Jakarta in time. That route, Amsterdam to Jakarta, is also extremely full. But we are on several waiting lists and are hopeful that we will be able to get at least one of us with Mutti on the same flight home. At this time we are not sure which exact day or flights that will be.

Again, thank you so much. I know this is also very stressful and worrisome for you. We appreciate your love and kindness deeply. Mutti is OK. She is not well yet, but she is better, and she is happy to be out of the hospital although she is a little bit anxious.

Love, Tina and Yanti

2014-10-22 12:25 PM

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Oh Yanti, I cannot imagine the physical and emotional stress of all this...((HUGS))   PRAYERS....Love you!

2014-10-22 12:43 PM

User image

Master
Raleigh, NC area

Yanti, I am so sorry for this. What a stressful situation! You continue to be in my thoughts. {{hugs}}

2014-10-22 12:55 PM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Champion
Austin, Texas

Originally posted by QueenZipp

Oh Yanti, I cannot imagine the physical and emotional stress of all this...((HUGS))   PRAYERS....Love you!

x eleventy billion!!  {{{Tangemelon Snuggles}}} 

2014-10-22 1:08 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Originally posted by blueyedbikergirl

Originally posted by QueenZipp

x eleventy billion!!  {{{Tangemelon Snuggles}}} 

I like tangemelon snuggles. I may also be mainlining nutella by now.

2014-10-22 2:10 PM

User image

Melon Presser

Gotta rant. Sorry. Got no place else to go.

On Mutti duty now by myself because this roach hotel is tolerably clean and safe but tiny room, no way to have 3 people in here. So Tina's going back to our inner-city roach motel room (about 10km away) to sleep and she'll be back tomorrow morning.

Mutti continues to have green watery diarrhea. Short of handcuffing her there's no way I can keep her from trying to clean herself (she's deaf and demented too ... ), so she gets it all over her hands and then all over anything in reach (including me). Meanwhile I've still got pinkeye and this nasty cough so I'm trying not to touch her too much either. Then I have to get both of us and all surfaces in reach clean, new diaper (I'm really happy I stole half their stocking room), then we get to go through this all over again in an hour or two. Repeat.

Even little things like German grocery and drugstores aren't open at night. Nor do they stock stuff like rubber gloves and adult diapers and hand sanitizer. We had to search all over the city just to find disposable plates, cups, and cutlery. I don't think Germans picnic, either ... yeah, there's a lot of big stuff going on but all the little difficulties add up too.

Thanks to you ... and these are my thanks for good stuff

We are all clean, fed, warm, and have a roof over our head.

I finally have a working German telephone number (we've had serious comm problems since we got here).

Mutti's not in any pain and she's not anxious and panicking anymore and she's parked in front of the TV watching a cooking show.

I was able to bribe her into drinking enough today (this is a serious and protracted battle and I stoop to any and all levels)

Much more to be happy about.

And yes the thanks will go on.

2014-10-22 3:32 PM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by IndoIronYanti

Gotta rant. Sorry. Got no place else to go.

Dearest Yanti, rant away.  I'm honored that you consider this a safe place to rant.  Also, nutella has chocolate and protein (I think), both of which are good for you, so eat up.  What a faching nightmare this trip has turned into.  You, Tina and Mutti are constantly in my thoughts.  If I could, I'd send you a shipping container each of adult diapers, gloves, hand sanitizer, and Poptarts.  (((((((((((Hugs))))))))))))

2014-10-23 8:35 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Oh my goodness Yanti. No one should ever have to endure this type of emotional stress.

{{hugs}} my friend.
New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42238 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37320 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72727 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50337 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25646 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.