BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  
Moderators: alicefoeller Reply
CLOSED

of 103

2014-07-30 9:41 AM

User image

Melon Presser
Subject: Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

And go. If you want to know what we're all about, read the first few posts here: http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=516225&page=1

If you STILL think it's worth bribing us--uh, me--with Pop Tarts to submit yourself to this madness ... you probably deserve what you get

Edited by IndoIronYanti 2014-07-31 10:59 AM

2014-07-30 9:49 AM
in reply to: IndoIronYanti

User image

Veteran
Dayton
Subject: RE: Manatee Mentors 2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?)

It feels so empty in here right now.

2014-07-30 9:51 AM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master
Orlando

I have nothing to say, just wanted to get in one of the first posts on the new thread.

2014-07-30 9:52 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Hello? hello? heelllllo?

echo....echhooo.....eeeecchhoooo.....

it's so empty in here!

Welcome to Wednesday! Monica glad to see you are back on the grid! Hope everyone else is having a good week.

This past weekend our local tri scene was all a flutter since Lake Placid was so close and we had a number of people competing.......so what does that mean for me? WELLLLLL lots of chatter now on next year's full and WHO WILL DO THEM?! The newcomers (I call us the sophomore class) is talking about doing one together! Am I nuts? So let me get this straight, I have to run a FULL MARATHON after I BIKE 112 MILES? OMG Sounds crazy?! :D

IMMT is the leading contender now......thoughts? I'd love to hear them!
2014-07-30 9:53 AM
in reply to: amd723

User image

Denver, CO

I think we're actually on thread 3?  In any case, Yanti, you told Stacey how to make her replies pretty if she's on a "poodle".  She doesn't have poodles, she has mastiffs.  What then?  And what did you buy?!

2014-07-30 9:53 AM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Hello? hello? heelllllo? echo....echhooo.....eeeecchhoooo..... it's so empty in here! Welcome to Wednesday! Monica glad to see you are back on the grid! Hope everyone else is having a good week. This past weekend our local tri scene was all a flutter since Lake Placid was so close and we had a number of people competing.......so what does that mean for me? WELLLLLL lots of chatter now on next year's full and WHO WILL DO THEM?! The newcomers (I call us the sophomore class) is talking about doing one together! Am I nuts? So let me get this straight, I have to run a FULL MARATHON after I BIKE 112 MILES? OMG Sounds crazy?! :D IMMT is the leading contender now......thoughts? I'd love to hear them!

The only thought I have is the standard manatee mantra -  DOOOO EEETTTT!!!!!

2014-07-30 10:09 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by amd723

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Hello? hello? heelllllo? echo....echhooo.....eeeecchhoooo..... it's so empty in here! Welcome to Wednesday! Monica glad to see you are back on the grid! Hope everyone else is having a good week. This past weekend our local tri scene was all a flutter since Lake Placid was so close and we had a number of people competing.......so what does that mean for me? WELLLLLL lots of chatter now on next year's full and WHO WILL DO THEM?! The newcomers (I call us the sophomore class) is talking about doing one together! Am I nuts? So let me get this straight, I have to run a FULL MARATHON after I BIKE 112 MILES? OMG Sounds crazy?! :D IMMT is the leading contender now......thoughts? I'd love to hear them!

yeah, I kinda knew you'd say that ;p
2014-07-30 10:39 AM

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Of course you're nuts for even considering it, but aren't we all??  DOOOOO EEEEEET!!!!!!

2014-07-30 10:49 AM

User image

Veteran
Dayton

I'm seriously considering doing one myself next year.  The front runner is Chattanooga.  I have friends down there, and it would be easy to keep the travel costs down. Louisville is also pretty close to me.  I would prefer to do a fall race, so I can race other distances in the summer.

But I'm weighing the pros and cons, and might just settle for a HIM or two.

2014-07-30 10:57 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

I'll be the first to post hiking/pet pix in the shiny new thread. The boys and I hiked La Luz yesterday. It's about 6,000 ft of gain over 7 miles and took us just over 3 hours.

ETA: if you  look close at the picture from the top you can see the trail we came up way down low...

Edited by rrrunner 2014-07-30 10:58 AM

(top la luz.JPG)

(laluz start.JPG)

(Aspen La Luz.JPG)

Attachments
----------------
top la luz.JPG (126KB - 19 downloads)
laluz start.JPG (188KB - 15 downloads)
Aspen La Luz.JPG (185KB - 13 downloads)
2014-07-30 10:57 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Royal(PITA)
West Chester, Ohio

Originally posted by laffinrock

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Of course you're nuts for even considering it, but aren't we all??  DOOOOO EEEEEET!!!!!!

Nope, definitely NOT this Manatee.  Not even HIM.  My body tried to go there and fell apart.  I know my limits & respect them.

2014-07-30 11:03 AM
in reply to: QueenZipp

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Originally posted by QueenZipp

Nope, definitely NOT this Manatee.  Not even HIM.  My body tried to go there and fell apart.  I know my limits & respect them.

I am considering a 6 hour run for this fall, but I know I have to take it nice and easy to get there in one piece, especially after the hamstring incident of 2014. I agree with Judi, Iron or Half is not in my future. At least not at the moment.

2014-07-30 11:06 AM
in reply to: rrrunner

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by rrrunner

I'll be the first to post hiking/pet pix in the shiny new thread. The boys and I hiked La Luz yesterday. It's about 6,000 ft of gain over 7 miles and took us just over 3 hours.

ETA: if you  look close at the picture from the top you can see the trail we came up way down low...

Mmmm, I can just smell the warmth on the trees.  Your boys are so handsome and Aspen is adorable!!  Looks like you all had a blast.  Nice way to beat the heat too.  How's the ITB doing?

2014-07-30 11:11 AM
in reply to: laffinrock

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Mmmm, I can just smell the warmth on the trees.  Your boys are so handsome and Aspen is adorable!!  Looks like you all had a blast.  Nice way to beat the heat too.  How's the ITB doing?

Thanks! It was a PERFECT day for it! The boys were great and Aspen LOVES this hike! This was her first time with her own pack and it didn't phase her a bit! I taped the ITB and it didn't give me so much as a peep. There is a part of this trail that is rock slide with lots of awkward steps up that I was worried about but it was all good!

2014-07-30 11:12 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Master
Orlando

Originally posted by cdban66

I am considering a 6 hour run for this fall, but I know I have to take it nice and easy to get there in one piece, especially after the hamstring incident of 2014. I agree with Judi, Iron or Half is not in my future. At least not at the moment.

Ha, ha; love that!!

What 6 hr run are you considering??

2014-07-30 11:13 AM

User image

Master
Orlando

Great pics of great looking people. dog and scenery!!!

2014-07-30 11:15 AM

User image

Veteran
Cleveland, Tennessee

Wow, a new thread! I like it!

2014-07-30 11:26 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

Ha, ha; love that!!

Save the Daylight 24, although I will do the 6 hour if I do it at all. It looks to be quite monotonous, since it is a 3.25 mile loop here in town that I run on whenever I get the chance. I am easily swayed with the prospect of winning a beer glass. And I HAVE to do something to push the my sorely lacking mental strength. So I figure distance+monotony=challenge.

2014-07-30 11:27 AM
in reply to: ponderingfox

User image

Master

Originally posted by ponderingfox

I'm seriously considering doing one myself next year.  The front runner is Chattanooga.  I have friends down there, and it would be easy to keep the travel costs down. Louisville is also pretty close to me.  I would prefer to do a fall race, so I can race other distances in the summer.

Louisville has been moved to October...it was on my list for next year in August, but may have to change plans now.  Hard to get time off during school year.

2014-07-30 11:27 AM
in reply to: cdban66

User image

Seattle

Ha, ha; love that!!

Save the Daylight 24, although I will do the 6 hour if I do it at all. It looks to be quite monotonous, since it is a 3.25 mile loop here in town that I run on whenever I get the chance. I am easily swayed with the prospect of winning a beer glass. And I HAVE to do something to push the my sorely lacking mental strength. So I figure distance+monotony=challenge.

Love it! 

2014-07-30 11:28 AM

User image

Master

Thanks! It was a PERFECT day for it! The boys were great and Aspen LOVES this hike! This was her first time with her own pack and it didn't phase her a bit! I taped the ITB and it didn't give me so much as a peep. There is a part of this trail that is rock slide with lots of awkward steps up that I was worried about but it was all good!

Lots of beauty in those pics.  And glad the ITB behaved.

2014-07-30 11:28 AM
in reply to: IronOx

User image

Denver, CO

Originally posted by IronOx

Originally posted by ponderingfox

Louisville has been moved to October...it was on my list for next year in August, but may have to change plans now.  Hard to get time off during school year.

Look at you, already thinking of your next IM!!

2014-07-30 11:29 AM

User image

Master

I keep getting these emails from support.  I don't understand them though...can someone help decipher for me?

To: me
Jul 28

No Workouts Scheduled

2014-07-30 11:31 AM

User image

Master
Englewood, Florida

I keep getting these emails from support.  I don't understand them though...can someone help decipher for me?

Jul 28

No Workouts Scheduled

It means you need to sign up for something.

2014-07-30 11:33 AM

User image

Master
Rio Rancho, NM

Jul 28

No Workouts Scheduled

My Canadian is a little rusty but I think it means TAKE THE DAY OFF EH!!!!!!!!!!!

New Thread
CLOSED
BT Development Mentor Program Archives » Manatee Mentors 2014 v.2 thread2 CLOSED (Poptart/pet pic bribes?) Rss Feed  

of 103

RELATED POSTS

Funked Up Triathletes - Season 2 - Olympic/Sprint Focus - Closed Pages: 1 ... 24 25 26 27

Started by funkj25
Views: 42071 Posts: 669

2018-01-16 11:34 PM aviatrix802

Baowolf's Fun In the Sun Mentor Group (OPEN) Pages: 1 ... 27 28 29 30

Started by Baowolf
Views: 37199 Posts: 743

2015-03-16 2:42 AM scubabrad02

Manatee Monkey Mentors SHUT (Poptart or pet pic bribes considered) Pages: 1 ... 97 98 99 100

Started by IndoIronYanti
Views: 72636 Posts: 2488

2014-07-30 9:43 AM IndoIronYanti

Slornow and Wannabefaster's Summer Group-CLOSED Pages: 1 ... 51 52 53 54

Started by slornow
Views: 50200 Posts: 1331

2014-12-18 10:15 PM wannabefaster

Todd's Tri Turtles 3 (Beginner, Sprint, 5K, 10K) Basically Closed Pages: 1 ... 20 21 22 23

Started by Hunting Triathlete
Views: 25572 Posts: 569

2014-12-14 7:18 PM cassowary
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 29, 2013
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 0
There are races to prepare for and health to be found and a lot of adventure and release to be sought in the oceans of the world.

date : February 6, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
Coming off of a tibial stress fracture in 2000, stevebradley made his way into triathlon. Now he has over 60 triathlons completed and is one of the most active mentor groups on BT.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : April 23, 2009
author : Team BT
comments : 1
The closed fist drill will ensure that you are pulling with your entire hand and forearm.
date : February 19, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
Find a mentor. Make a list of at least three people that you could approach for help, list your specific needs and then be courageous enough to begin asking.