General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Aid stations Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-07-30 12:06 PM

User image

Subject: Bike Aid stations
I have a question about receiving new fluids at bike aid stations. I have my first HIM in a few weeks so I guess I should get this figured out. Right now I have an X-Lab aero bottle up front and two cages behind my saddle. I am comfortable refilling my aero bottle on the move. If I decide to take a bottle from an aid station, should I have an empty cage available to store it in? I'm not sure what to do with the new bottle once I've refilled my aero bottle other than drop it on the side of the road which would be littering. Should I plan to dispose of one of my drink bottles as I enter the aid station to be replaced with a new one?

Thanks for the insight

2014-07-30 12:20 PM
in reply to: aalbury

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Bike Aid stations

You got it:  Should I plan to dispose of one of my drink bottles as I enter the aid station to be replaced with a new one? 

2014-07-30 12:46 PM
in reply to: aalbury

User image

Subject: RE: Bike Aid stations
At the larger races (e.g. IM branded) the aid stations have an area right before and right after for you to throw your trash.. I have 3 cages on my bike - one on the aero bars, and two on the frame. I leave one frame one empty and use the other frame one for my concentrated sports drink.

I'll grab a water bottle at the first aid station and put it in the empty spot.. if my aero water is low I might grab a 2nd and fill it up. Before the next aid station I'll fill up my aero bottle, dump the remaining water on me and then toss the bottle in the trash area before the aid station.. I'll then grab a new water bottle and continue on my way. This way I'm not trying to fill my aero water through the aid station. I'll also have extra water if I need it before the next aid station.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike Aid stations Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Bike Aid Station

Started by barimany
Views: 966 Posts: 4

2011-04-21 10:50 PM Experior

Ironman bike aid stations

Started by jimmybokinskie
Views: 1526 Posts: 3

2011-01-09 10:36 AM kproudfoot

Bike aid stations (yet another noob question)

Started by rasmussenreg
Views: 7984 Posts: 20

2012-07-18 4:05 PM Hydro

Newbie Question on Bike Aid Station

Started by Lance26.2
Views: 1059 Posts: 3

2008-04-30 6:18 PM Aikidoman

Bike Aid Stations?

Started by Josh_Berman
Views: 728 Posts: 4

2006-05-15 10:08 AM amiine
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."

date : October 9, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
NSAIDs are now starting to be used as an ergogenic aid to enhance performance especially before and during long endurance races and longer training sessions. Is this safe?
date : December 27, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 9
Are you a beginner triathlete? This video will compare triathlon bikes and road bikes to help you figure out what is best for you as you begin your triathlon training.

date : September 12, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 0
Discussions on open water swimming with waves, optimal breathing, practicing sighting, when to get up and run, using the back and breast stroke, dropping your stroke count and swim aids.