General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMLP gave me a DNF, advice? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-08-11 9:42 AM
in reply to: sheesleeva

User image

Elite
Spokane, WA
Subject: RE: IMLP gave me a DNF, advice?

Wow, sorry to hear that. I was hoping that you were posting about a positive resolution. While it's not acceptable for them to not get this right after all your efforts, it was a cluster and a timing nightmare. I very rarely hear of someone not getting a timing issue straightened out, so I wouldn't let it worry you in the future.

And most importantly, you know you did it.

2014-08-11 9:55 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by sheesleeva

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

Saw on FB today that the final results are up - did they fix yours?

http://www.sportstats.ca/searchResults.xhtml?eventname=lake+placid

they never did fix it. To clarify, from the start, I have both called and emailed, lots of ignoring. I finally received a response when I included every email I could find on an email - they, the timing people, responded very quickly with a 'reply all' saying we will take care of it. They then sent me an individual email saying, don't know why it's showing DNF, we actually have the info, you did finish, we fixed it, but it will take 24 hours to show up. I waited 48 hours. nothing. I emailed them again, same response. Ok, we fixed it now, it will take 24 hours to show up, let us know if you have any more questions. I waited four days, still showing up DNF, so I contacted them again - now, waiting.....

Along with the, "24 hours" they constantly misspell my name in emails to me, and each time I immediately response, "the correct spelling of my name..." they never acknowledge those emails, but I would think the adjustments are made based on bib number, not name spelling or misspelling. regardless.

Ironman itself has yet to acknowledge any email or phone calls. It is a bit disconcerting going into my next race to not have this resolved. These are the kind of things that creep into my head hour 10 into a race ... will I even get credit?

I thought I saw it fixed. Must have been the wrong person
Double check it. Does your bib end with 06 ?

Edited by marcag 2014-08-11 10:00 AM
2014-08-11 10:47 AM
in reply to: marcag

Master
Northern IL

Originally posted by marcag
Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Saw on FB today that the final results are up - did they fix yours? http://www.sportstats.ca/searchResults.xhtml?eventname=lake+placid
they never did fix it. To clarify, from the start, I have both called and emailed, lots of ignoring. I finally received a response when I included every email I could find on an email - they, the timing people, responded very quickly with a 'reply all' saying we will take care of it. They then sent me an individual email saying, don't know why it's showing DNF, we actually have the info, you did finish, we fixed it, but it will take 24 hours to show up. I waited 48 hours. nothing. I emailed them again, same response. Ok, we fixed it now, it will take 24 hours to show up, let us know if you have any more questions. I waited four days, still showing up DNF, so I contacted them again - now, waiting..... Along with the, "24 hours" they constantly misspell my name in emails to me, and each time I immediately response, "the correct spelling of my name..." they never acknowledge those emails, but I would think the adjustments are made based on bib number, not name spelling or misspelling. regardless. Ironman itself has yet to acknowledge any email or phone calls. It is a bit disconcerting going into my next race to not have this resolved. These are the kind of things that creep into my head hour 10 into a race ... will I even get credit?
I thought I saw it fixed. Must have been the wrong person Double check it. Does your bib end with 06 ?

Found it. There is a time and pace for everything except T1. Segments and overall racetime, including for the run. No rankings for any segments, overall or anything though. And it says DNF for overall time.

2014-08-11 11:50 AM

Veteran
Originally posted by brigby1

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk Saw on FB today that the final results are up - did they fix yours? http://www.sportstats.ca/searchResults.xhtml?eventname=lake+placid
they never did fix it. To clarify, from the start, I have both called and emailed, lots of ignoring. I finally received a response when I included every email I could find on an email - they, the timing people, responded very quickly with a 'reply all' saying we will take care of it. They then sent me an individual email saying, don't know why it's showing DNF, we actually have the info, you did finish, we fixed it, but it will take 24 hours to show up. I waited 48 hours. nothing. I emailed them again, same response. Ok, we fixed it now, it will take 24 hours to show up, let us know if you have any more questions. I waited four days, still showing up DNF, so I contacted them again - now, waiting..... Along with the, "24 hours" they constantly misspell my name in emails to me, and each time I immediately response, "the correct spelling of my name..." they never acknowledge those emails, but I would think the adjustments are made based on bib number, not name spelling or misspelling. regardless. Ironman itself has yet to acknowledge any email or phone calls. It is a bit disconcerting going into my next race to not have this resolved. These are the kind of things that creep into my head hour 10 into a race ... will I even get credit?
I thought I saw it fixed. Must have been the wrong person Double check it. Does your bib end with 06 ?

Found it. There is a time and pace for everything except T1. Segments and overall racetime, including for the run. No rankings for any segments, overall or anything though. And it says DNF for overall time.

no, my bib did not end with 06. ..but they finally fixed it within the last two hours

Edited by sheesleeva 2014-08-11 11:55 AM
2014-08-11 11:51 AM

Veteran
Originally posted by zed707

Wow, sorry to hear that. I was hoping that you were posting about a positive resolution. While it's not acceptable for them to not get this right after all your efforts, it was a cluster and a timing nightmare. I very rarely hear of someone not getting a timing issue straightened out, so I wouldn't let it worry you in the future.

And most importantly, you know you did it.

it does matter to me whether I am officially given credit for many reasons. including IM rules re numbers of races, years or races, etc.

Edited by sheesleeva 2014-08-11 11:55 AM
2014-08-11 12:52 PM
in reply to: sheesleeva

User image

Extreme Veteran

Originally posted by brigby1

no, my bib did not end with 06. ..but they finally fixed it within the last two hours

Ya sorry. Place 1506, bib ends with 33.

Damn right you wanted it fixed !!! You did it, you deserve it.

Sportstats are actually good people. Overwhelmed at times but good people.

One day my chip didn't work. Their fault. They spent an hour with me rebuilding my time from my Garmin. Between my Garmin and me identifying people on the course I proved my Garmin was right. It was a 5150 event.

I had seen that IMLive did have a finishing time for you before sportstats.

2014-08-11 10:42 PM
in reply to: marcag

User image

Glad to see you finally got a resolution.
2014-08-12 8:00 AM
in reply to: jennifer_runs

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by jennifer_runs

Glad to see you finally got a resolution.

YES! Congrats!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMLP gave me a DNF, advice? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Advice on my IMLP strategy

Started by guy2600
Views: 696 Posts: 2

2012-07-08 5:49 PM indianacyclist

Please give some advice

Started by dennisgoodrich
Views: 726 Posts: 2

2009-03-03 11:31 PM newbz

Fibromyalgia and Triathlons - Can anyone give advice?

Started by say78
Views: 862 Posts: 2

2008-03-31 8:28 PM mila

To DNF or not to DNF...that is the question Pages: 1 2

Started by triturn
Views: 3014 Posts: 37

2008-04-01 8:35 AM pshorty

Well meanign friend giving unwanted advice...HELP!

Started by AdventureBear
Views: 1641 Posts: 18

2005-09-29 6:08 PM cadreamer
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 7, 2011
author : Kyle Pawlaczyk
comments : 3
Clearing my head after failing to finish