General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 6

2015-02-03 2:55 PM
in reply to: smithe68

User image

Veteran
Va Beach
Subject: RE: Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread
Originally posted by smithe68

How's everyone doing training wise? Everyone feeling good?

Running going well, did 14 miles on Saturday, swimming OK, biking not so much. Longest ride was 2 hours 2 weeks ago, but nothing consistent at all

2015-02-05 12:15 PM

User image

Elite

Originally posted by ingleshteechur

Yikes...that's cold!  I hope it's warmer by the end of June!  Does anyone else's official training begin this week?  Mine does--20 weeks to go!  Waaahooooo!

Usually low 60's, I don't remember what they said officially for 2012 but I believe it was about 56 that year. 2013 the water was wonderful! My plan officially starts the week of the 9th, which I show as being 20 weeks out?

I'm probably off by a week!  I guess I'm on the 21 week plan! :-

2015-02-05 5:15 PM
in reply to: ingleshteechur

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

Yikes...that's cold!  I hope it's warmer by the end of June!  Does anyone else's official training begin this week?  Mine does--20 weeks to go!  Waaahooooo!

Usually low 60's, I don't remember what they said officially for 2012 but I believe it was about 56 that year. 2013 the water was wonderful! My plan officially starts the week of the 9th, which I show as being 20 weeks out?

I'm probably off by a week!  I guess I'm on the 21 week plan! :-

haha, there needs to be a like button on here!
2015-02-08 4:39 PM
in reply to: ironjim

User image

Veteran
Coeur d' Alene, ID
Wow we are having great weather in Coeur d' Alene right now. it is February 8 and 51 Deg. with the sun out. you can't ask for more. if this keeps up we will be swimming in bath water. sorry it won't but it is a nice to think about.
2015-02-08 4:41 PM

User image

Veteran
Coeur d' Alene, ID
smithe68 We will have to get together and go for a ride when the roads are better. It will be like old time in 2012.
2015-02-09 9:30 AM
in reply to: mark.evans

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Originally posted by mark.evans

smithe68 We will have to get together and go for a ride when the roads are better. It will be like old time in 2012.

Definitely and at this rate, could be sooner than later!

2015-02-09 11:34 PM

User image

Veteran
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

I'm in... back for another after doing it in 2013.  Actually started the Fink plan 10 weeks ago, but wanted to make sure all systems were "GO" before pulling the trigger.

Drove the bike course on the way to my parents house last weekend, the shoulder is in pretty good shape for this time of year - I even saw a guy riding it in the wind and rain... in early February - hardcore!

2015-02-10 12:48 AM

User image

Veteran
Coeur d' Alene, ID
It looks like I will see you at the Snake River 1/2.
2015-02-10 9:36 AM
in reply to: PrivateIdaho

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Originally posted by PrivateIdaho

I'm in... back for another after doing it in 2013.  Actually started the Fink plan 10 weeks ago, but wanted to make sure all systems were "GO" before pulling the trigger.

Drove the bike course on the way to my parents house last weekend, the shoulder is in pretty good shape for this time of year - I even saw a guy riding it in the wind and rain... in early February - hardcore!

Hmm, it's supposed to be pretty decent Saturday, I might have to go ride part of the course if I can fit it in.

It looks like I will see you at the Snake River 1/2.

Yeah, I will be there, my son is running it too. Should be a good time.
2015-02-15 4:38 PM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Week 1 of 20 in the books, feeling amazing, yes I know it's early!

How's everyone doing?
2015-02-15 8:19 PM

User image

Elite

I'm feeling great as well!  I've had a few 'holy crap, what have I signed up for' moments when thinking about the enormity of the distances.  Buuuut...I know I can do it!

2015-02-16 10:04 AM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

I'm feeling great as well!  I've had a few 'holy crap, what have I signed up for' moments when thinking about the enormity of the distances.  Buuuut...I know I can do it!

I have done this particular race before and I am having a few of those same thoughts myself. It will be all good though!
2015-02-16 12:17 PM

Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta

Howdy all!

I'm a few weeks into training and so far, it is going well.  I have done a few fulls in the past and look forward this this race.  Anyone on here complete Ironman Canada (Penticton and Whistler) and can give me a comparison between those races and Coeur d'Alene?  I completed Canada(Penticton) in 2010 & 2012, then Canada (Whistler) in 2014.

Happy training!

TW

2015-03-15 4:27 PM
in reply to: tbwilliams

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Week 5 down, 15 more to go! How's everyone doing?

Training is going well for me, had a little setback due to some weird thing going on with my left shoulder knotting up for no reason at all. Missed 2 swims and wasn't able to complete the 2 prior to that. Seems all good now and it didn't mess with my biking or running.
2015-03-17 4:13 PM

User image

Elite

Training going great for me! 

Bike and run are going well.  All of my bike training has been on my trainer, but I don't mind that.  Won't be long before I can get outside on the weekends.  The run is good--I'm on the slow side but solid!  My swim time is lacking, but now that it's lighter later I can make it out to Blue Lake to swim twice a week instead of just once. For now I can only focus on my swim endurance, which is fine.  I'm not looking to be first out of the water!

2015-03-18 8:24 AM

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

Bike and run are going well.  All of my bike training has been on my trainer, but I don't mind that.  Won't be long before I can get outside on the weekends.  The run is good--I'm on the slow side but solid!  My swim time is lacking, but now that it's lighter later I can make it out to Blue Lake to swim twice a week instead of just once. For now I can only focus on my swim endurance, which is fine.  I'm not looking to be first out of the water!

Can I just say I am totally jealous of your ability to ows? I don't believe there is a lake in the area that would be warm enough to swim in, most are probably still in the 40's

2015-03-18 9:05 AM

Fort Saskatchewan, Alberta

Can I just say I am totally jealous of your ability to ows? I don't believe there is a lake in the area that would be warm enough to swim in, most are probably still in the 40's

I second that!  The ice typically is off the lakes around here late May so not too many ows to prep for this race.  

2015-03-18 5:30 PM

User image

Fairbanks, Alaska

Crashed my bike in Thailand a month ago, but I'm just about back to normal.  My training partners are going nuts because my training schedule is out of whack and they never get to see me anymore!  I can't wait for the snow to melt so we can get our road bikes off the trainers. Lesson learned for next year: Own a fat bike. Life in Alaska...

2015-03-19 11:22 AM
in reply to: pagesculptor

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA
Originally posted by pagesculptor

Crashed my bike in Thailand a month ago, but I'm just about back to normal.  My training partners are going nuts because my training schedule is out of whack and they never get to see me anymore!  I can't wait for the snow to melt so we can get our road bikes off the trainers. Lesson learned for next year: Own a fat bike. Life in Alaska...

Glad you are recovered/recovering! I see lots of fat bikes in my area, look like fun.
2015-03-23 11:57 AM

User image

Veteran
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho

So, those of you that do training rides out to Higgins Point - do you ride on the road or the Centennial Trail?

I recently road out there on a beautiful Sunday afternoon.  The trail was full of kids, strollers, dogs and people so I kept off the trail - it wasn't safe at all.

As I'm flying down the hill at Bennett Bay, a car passes me way too close and then pulls in front of me and slams on his brakes.  I hit my breaks and almost ended up in his rear window.  He opens the window and starts yelling "there's a bike path over there".  I yelled back, "there's a speed limit - it's too crowded for bikes".  We repeated this a couple of times with a few other pleasantries. You could tell this probably wasn't the first time he had confronted a cyclist out there.

You should see my heart rate data for those few minutes!

2015-03-23 11:51 PM
in reply to: PrivateIdaho

User image

Veteran
Coeur d' Alene, ID
I ride the trail if there is not to many people. I have been riding bikes for years and the best advice I can give you it to just pass the driver and ride on. anything you say will fall on deaf ears. If they stop and have some thing to say you are not going to change the mind. if they do it twice to you call 911 and then engage the for as long as you can to get there license plate.

2015-03-23 11:54 PM

User image

Veteran
Coeur d' Alene, ID
to all the locals. I rode the whole course on Saturday and other than Mica hill heading south on 95 the road is in great shape. On Mica watch both the up hill and the down hill. the only thing that would have made it better was less wind.
2015-03-25 10:59 AM
in reply to: mark.evans

User image

Expert
Spokane, WA

to all the locals. I rode the whole course on Saturday and other than Mica hill heading south on 95 the road is in great shape. On Mica watch both the up hill and the down hill. the only thing that would have made it better was less wind.

Thanks for the heads up!
2015-03-28 2:21 PM
in reply to: Mimir98

User image

Rose Lake, Idaho
Howdy Stan! I have not signed up for the Med Tent yet, but will definitely be in to volunteering again 2015. Nice to cruise the forums to see what everyone is up to. I am taking the wife and kids to Calgary for the 70.3 in July. Might do IM CDA in 2016. For now living the IM life of 2 days swim, 2 days bike, 2 days run and one day off.

Cheers everyone!
2015-03-29 5:23 PM
in reply to: MRGIBBS

User image

Expert
Coeur D'alene, ID

Originally posted by MRGIBBS Howdy Stan! I have not signed up for the Med Tent yet, but will definitely be in to volunteering again 2015. Nice to cruise the forums to see what everyone is up to. I am taking the wife and kids to Calgary for the 70.3 in July. Might do IM CDA in 2016. For now living the IM life of 2 days swim, 2 days bike, 2 days run and one day off. Cheers everyone!

Hey Scott, good to hear from you!  Would love to have you back in the med tent this year, you can sign up on the IMCDA website like last year if you'd like.  Are you racing Calgary? 

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 6

RELATED POSTS

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 53 54 55 56

Started by mallen4574
Views: 138438 Posts: 1392

2012-07-13 1:04 PM thedallasceliac

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 168 169 170 171

Started by TexasMPGal
Views: 382388 Posts: 4272

2011-12-05 11:46 AM RunRene

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 50 51 52 53

Started by T in Liberty Lake
Views: 134337 Posts: 1313

2012-07-26 8:19 PM smithe68

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread

Started by Lance 140.6
Views: 3632 Posts: 10

2010-04-08 10:16 PM hoopmaj

Ironman Coeur d'Alene : Official Thread Pages: 1 ... 21 22 23 24

Started by Birkierunner
Views: 61104 Posts: 579

2009-06-24 2:09 PM ironlib
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 17, 2007
author : IRONVIKING
comments : 0
Athletes were buzzing around, adding last minute things to their transition bags. The sidewalks and grassy areas are filled with spectators and cameras. Announcements were being made.

date : July 10, 2007
Eating To Win, Eating To Live. A collection of heart-healthy recipes that fuels Ironman training. Also some pre-race thoughts before Ironman Coeur d’Alene.
date : May 11, 2007
When it comes down to it, it’s me who has to believe I can run a full marathon after swimming and biking, and no amount of others’ belief in me is going to help.

date : April 12, 2007
The first month of training is in the books. I am learning several tips that could help you along the way on your Ironman quest.
date : April 12, 2007
How BT is preparing me for the Coeur d'Alene IronMan.

date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:
date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
Ironman Couer d'Alene 2003 - Inspirational first ironman triathlon devoted to his wife battling cancer.