General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to Woodbury Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-05 11:16 AM

Woodbury, Minnesota
Subject: New to Woodbury
Just sending out a post to see who lives around the Woodbury area and is training for tris: sprint, Oly, HIM or IM. Just moved here a few months ago from Minneapolis and hoping to get the scoop on any training groups or places to go for all 3 disciplines: swim, bike and run. Thanks guys!

2014-08-06 5:40 AM
in reply to: jtri023

User image

Pro
Twin Cities
Subject: RE: New to Woodbury
I don't swim, but I do lots o' riding and running. I'm down Radio Drive/inwood, just to the west of Lake Elmo Park. (Which has good running, and lots of trails. Also good for XC mtb riding or cx riding. )Where aboputs are you in Woodbury? The riding out here is awesome. I typically head north, but down to afton and Hastings also is good. How long of route are you looking for? I can certainly make some suggestions.I usually run at work, but when I run here, I go to the Gateway mot of the time and use the bridle path, as I try and avoid pavement.
2014-08-07 9:38 AM
in reply to: mmrocker13

Woodbury, Minnesota
Subject: RE: New to Woodbury
Thanks for the response! Right now I'm looking for 30 miles and slowly moving up from there. I live off Lake Rd right off the 494 exit. I have heard there are some nice mtb trails by Carver Lake. I just have a road bike at the moment though. I have been on Bailey and gone towards Afton and it really opens up heading that direction but I do need some suggestions. Hills would be nice as well if you know a few of those loops too.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to Woodbury Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Woodbury/Afton/CG?

Started by Israelg48
Views: 677 Posts: 1

2009-04-13 2:29 PM Israelg48

Hello All and Happy New Year!

Started by KrisMarie
Views: 859 Posts: 18

2007-01-13 12:21 PM KrisMarie

Hi, new mn person

Started by mn_tri_girl
Views: 1252 Posts: 22

2006-12-20 9:42 AM Matchman

New Here!

Started by constance
Views: 930 Posts: 9

2006-08-07 8:42 AM usasportstraining

NEW AND READY!

Started by hundoracer
Views: 740 Posts: 5

2006-07-05 11:22 AM norakraemer
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : November 14, 2004
author : Akuma
I am 28 now, hardly an old crony, but life in busy Sydney Australia has meant my belly is softer than the excuses I use to convince myself I am in good shape.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.

There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.