General Discussion Triathlon Talk » fixing muscle imbalance Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-13 6:27 PM

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: fixing muscle imbalance

Trying this again.  My left hip is weaker than my right due to 2 hip surgeries.  I'm a newbie this year but want to continue doing this and I'm planning to work on strengthening it in the off-season.  I could just guess at what could help and use trial and error, but I'd rather have a more directed approach.  Should I work with a coach, a physical therapist, or both to figure out the best way to improve performance? I live in an area where there are a lot of elite athletes (I'm not one of them by a long shot) so I could probably find a place that could do some sophisticated testing but I'm not sure that's necessary given my current fitness level and goals.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » fixing muscle imbalance Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

What fixed my sciatic nerve problem

Started by sawfish99
Views: 1258 Posts: 1

2013-12-16 1:16 PM sawfish99

Knee Pain/Patellofemoral Injury - How to Fix!

Started by tiffany_hardy2000
Views: 895 Posts: 2

2012-11-27 4:16 PM Joyous_5

Quick fixes?

Started by Maks Tri
Views: 818 Posts: 1

2011-02-14 2:58 AM Maks Tri

Daddy is back! (Running problem fixed)

Started by Super T
Views: 592 Posts: 2

2009-08-16 7:34 PM skarl

Calf Fix

Started by will.kel
Views: 472 Posts: 1

2007-06-12 12:45 PM will.kel
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 19, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
Would getting the veins fixed have any potential triathlon performance implications? Is there anything else I should be doing for them when I swim/bike/run?

date : September 16, 2008
author : BGTwinDad
In part two of this series of common roadside bike repairs, we show you how to fix a flat tire. Though if you're lucky, a bicycle repairman will wheel by at just the right time.
date : November 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 2
Don't know how to take that rear wheel off of your bike? Is the chain making things difficult? Learn how to remove your rear wheel if you have to change your bike tire or fix a flat.

date : September 10, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 12
This video tutorial will show you how to fix a flat tire and also how to change the tire itself. Don't wait until you're out on the course at the races to learn how.
date : March 22, 2007
author : KevinKonczak
Discussions on running muscle imbalance correction, water running, overdistance training, back-to-back Olys, maintenance plans and speed and common age-grouper mistakes.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Gareth
Flexibility, muscle imbalances relating to range of motion and how it affects your swimming technique.