General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Richmond Rox Half Iron Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-15 9:50 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Richmond Rox Half Iron Triathlon : Official Thread
Hello racers!

We're looking forward to the 3rd year of Richmond's only 1/2 iron tri. Big things are happening in the Rockett's Landing area. The construction contract for the Virginia Capital Trail between Shiplock park and Rockett's has been awarded, and this path will go right by the race venue at the Sugar Pad. This area's revitalization has been in the works for a long time, and we are happy to promote the cleanup effort. In fact, there will be cleanup day coordinated by Replenish Richmond on Sept 6th. Come out and join us!

We have other changes in the works, with some potential alterations for a safer bike course, so stay tuned.

Never done a half iron before? Don't want to travel? This race was my first half iron, long before I started working with RMS.

Feel free to ask me any questions you might have.

The half runs alongside the Olympic distance, and has a cap of 400 COMBINED for both races. With the Oly's selection as part of this year's Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Triathlon Conference series, expect the event to sell out early! Sign up now with your discount code of BT10 for 10% off! What?! That's over $20 off!

New Thread
General Discussion Iron Distance Race Groups » Richmond Rox Half Iron Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Mountain Man Triathlon - Half Iron Distance : Official Thread

Started by Fitzy
Views: 2799 Posts: 5

2009-06-18 6:34 PM Fitzy

Rock 'N RollMan Half Iron Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by jonathan22
Views: 4245 Posts: 25

2009-05-29 7:50 AM bschulte

Lone Star Triathlon Festival - Half Iron : Official Thread

Started by beslick
Views: 6077 Posts: 13

2009-03-30 3:53 PM TexasMPGal

Napa Valley Vintage Half-Iron Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by manjo
Views: 2228 Posts: 1

2008-12-28 5:43 PM manjo

Mooseman Triathlon Festival - Half Iron Distance : Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by Wilhelm
Views: 18823 Posts: 76

2009-06-10 8:23 AM aquagirl
RELATED ARTICLES
date : May 20, 2014
author : leighdodd
comments : 0
My issue is that I am currently deployed and training outside is proving difficult, especially on the bike. I have found a safe 10km running loop but I am struggling with the bike training.

date : June 28, 2012
author : writingrunner
How my first half iron distance triathlon brought back feelings of high school competition.
date : August 21, 2008
author : vm354
comments : 1
How Pilates training helped a wanna-be triathlete realize the goal of completing a half-Ironman, Ironman 70.3 Rhode Island.

date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:
date : January 29, 2006
author : sl2302
I just had a couple of problems, I could count the number of triathlons I had contested at zero. Secondly, I could count on one hand the number of times I had been swimming in the last 17 years.

date : September 3, 2005
author : chrisandniki
This is not an easy task, especially for the “9-to-5er” with family. But you can do it – all without sacrificing your marriage, job or family.