General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Richmond Rox Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-15 9:53 AM

User image

Regular
Subject: Richmond Rox Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread
Hello Racers!

We're looking forward to the 3rd year of Richmond's only 1/2 iron tri. Big things are happening in the Rockett's Landing area. The construction contract for the Virginia Capital Trail between Shiplock park and Rockett's has been awarded, and this path will go right by the race venue at the Sugar Pad. This area's revitalization has been in the works for a long time, and we are happy to promote the cleanup effort. In fact, there will be cleanup day coordinated by Replenish Richmond on Sept 6th. Come out and join us!

The Oly runs alongside the half iron distance, and has a cap of 400 COMBINED for both races. With the Oly's selection as part of this year's Mid-Atlantic Collegiate Triathlon Conference series, expect the event to sell out early! Sign up now with your discount code of BT10 for 10% off!

We also offer Aquabike and Relay options! Come out and play with your friends as a team! Don't have a bike, or can't run? Email me at [email protected] and we will put together a team for you as part of our Relay Match Program!

2014-08-28 9:24 AM
in reply to: H20man

User image

Regular
Subject: RE: Richmond Rox Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread
The event is already over 70% full, and the college kids are just getting back to school and having their first tri club meetings. Get in before the rush!

Stay tuned to the race page for the soon-to-be-posted Athlete Guide and new transition and bike maps.

http://www.richmondmultisports.com/richmond-rox-triathlon.htm
2014-09-10 3:58 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Open Water Swim Clinic
We have an open-water swim clinic on Sept 12th at 6pm down at Rocketts Landing. Free to attend for annual USAT members: bring your card. All others without an annual membership must pay $12 for a one-day USAT pass. RSVP to [email protected].

Registrations are rolling in with a big group of Collegiate athletes attending. We are now well over 80%. Sign up to race now! This race doesn't work for your training cycle? We'd love to have you as a volunteer.

2014-09-17 1:42 PM

User image

Regular
Subject: Swim Clinic Friday. Race SOLD OUT. Come volunteer!
Our last open water swim clinic for this race will be held on Friday at 6pm, at the VA Boat Club Dock. Same place as the last two. If you are registered to race, your USAT membership is covered. If you are NOT registered to race, be sure to bring your USAT card or pay $12 for a 1-day membership. RSVP to [email protected] to attend.

The event has sold out with over 430 competitors racing in both the Half and Olympic distances, including over 80 collegiate athletes representing over 20 colleges.

We still need volunteers to help out on race day (or on Saturday if you can't make it Sunday). Course Marshals, water stops, motorcycle volunteers, kayakers, paddleboarders... there is a long list of fun jobs, and you'll get bagel/coffee breakfast, catered BBQ lunch, a t-shirt, and the thanks of hundreds of athletes. Come out and have a good time, and fundraise for your community organization: we'll donate $10/volunteer to your organization (church/sports team/Rotary/charity, etc) plus a $100 bonus for groups over 20. Sign up here: http://www.richmondmultisports.com/volunteers.htm

See you on Sunday!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Richmond Rox Olympic Triathlon : Official Thread Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Brickman Richmond Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread

Started by RecTri
Views: 1323 Posts: 5

2012-10-08 3:11 PM RecTri

Richmond Rox Endurance Triathlon 9-23-12

Started by H20man
Views: 1547 Posts: 8

2012-09-25 11:05 AM kbeddoes

Suntrust Richmond Half Marathon : Official Thread

Started by juneapple
Views: 2973 Posts: 8

2010-11-14 7:01 AM verga

Richmond Sprint Triathlon : Official Thread Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by lisahoo
Views: 7449 Posts: 86

2009-10-14 8:06 AM sk2a2005

SunTrust Richmond Marathon : Official Thread

Started by leibniz
Views: 5756 Posts: 19

2010-04-09 7:33 AM mdalsey
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 15, 2012
author : USATriathlon
comments : 1
This USAT Rules Clinic will help you avoid penalties. Topics discussed will be rules of the transition area, drafting penalties, the drafting zone, challenging penalties and more.

date : November 29, 2011
author : vagus
comments : 3
A retrospective of how I lost 140 pounds and started a love affair with triathlon.
date : August 2, 2010
author : HerveB
comments : 8
I looked at the swim buoys and start thinking, "Man! How am I ever going to swim that? That looks like a very long distance from the bridge. I have never done it in one go." There's no turning back.

date : October 20, 2008
author : araqnid
comments : 0
After doing duathlons for the last couple of years, I decided to go for a triathlon. Starting with an Olympic-distance race perhaps wasn't wise, but it was fun (of a sort).
date : July 30, 2006
author : drunkpeter
I signed up for a Sprint in July, an Olympic distance in September, and the Alcatraz tri in October. If I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it all the way.

date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:
date : August 30, 2004
author : Ron
A couch to olympic triathlon training program. These programs will take you from a walk/run program, to a sprint, then to an olympic.

date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Program outline of the 16 and 20 week olympic triathlon training plans.