General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Camps Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-16 7:51 PM

User image

Centennial, Colorado
Subject: Tri Camps
Anyone have any suggestions on Tri camps. I know there is a little time yet before winter, im in Wisconsin, and tri season being done. Just wanted to get some of your thoughts if any one has done them in the past. Are they worth it? What are some good ones? Would you do them again?

2014-08-17 6:12 PM
in reply to: mullerkm09

User image

Subject: RE: Tri Camps
I'm interested to hear what people say. I'm planning to go to a Lake Placid camp before the race next year but I've never attended a tri camp before.
2014-08-17 9:05 PM
in reply to: mullerkm09

User image

Coach
Stairway to Seven
Subject: RE: Tri Camps
Originally posted by mullerkm09

Anyone have any suggestions on Tri camps. I know there is a little time yet before winter, im in Wisconsin, and tri season being done. Just wanted to get some of your thoughts if any one has done them in the past. Are they worth it? What are some good ones? Would you do them again?

I've coached at a variety of tri and swim camps. You'll need to decide what you want out of a camp...do you want fitness? Skills? interaction with coaches? Do you want a site specific camp to train on the course you'll be racing, or do you want a camp that you can take the family on a vacation while you do your camp stuff?

All of those options are out there, so you'll need to a) decide what's important and then b) do some research on who is offering them. Knowing what you want first will really help you narrow things down.

For example I'll be coaching at this camp next week, and he (Sam of Triathlon Research) has several camps like this coming up as well:
http://triathlonresearch.org/camp-application/
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Tri Camps Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Tri Camps for Newbies

Started by southdeco
Views: 953 Posts: 3

2008-04-21 10:03 AM AUSQuest

Tri Camp in Arizona January

Started by charliebrown
Views: 354 Posts: 1

2006-09-02 1:10 PM charliebrown

Tri camp

Started by cerveloP3
Views: 852 Posts: 9

2006-07-12 11:10 PM norakraemer

Texas Tri-Camp

Started by tboepple
Views: 1523 Posts: 19

2004-03-07 10:19 AM Nancytris

Texas Tri-Camp

Started by tboepple
Views: 675 Posts: 3

2004-02-05 8:35 PM ford5683
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 14, 2008
author : Birkierunner
comments : 2
Watch the highlights and tips of this years IMWI BT mini-camp put on by Birkierunner.

date : December 31, 2006
author : docgill
comments : 0
This life of mine is not so different from yours. It has a multitude of similarities. I suffer from uncertainty, I get nervous at the thought of registering and when getting to the starting line.
date : May 1, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 9
I am not going to buy a tri-suit before my first tri - I want to make sure I am going to stick with this before I spend a lot of money on it so I want to figure out what will work best.

date : September 15, 2004
author : tboepple
Women / Masters / Special Needs - Lauren Maule, Diane Proud, Tom Rodgers
date : September 3, 2004
Joe Friel - Periodization

Joe Friel, Bike Technique & Training (Physiology)
Aero Positioning on the Bike – John Cobb

Details on the first Texas Triathlon Camp with Tom Rodgers, Joe Friel, John cobb, Lauren Maule and Andre Rizo.