General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike workout went bad Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-16 10:28 PM

User image

Subject: Bike workout went bad
Today was my big 6 hour ride. Last week I did a 5.5 hour ride...on the trainer (yeah...the trainer). Today I wanted to see if I could knock up the watts just a few to see I could get closer to me IM goal to 70-72% of FTP, which should be easy. Well things were going well until 3:30 and then I crashed. My average was at the tip of Z2 and then it became very hard to even stay in Z2 but I did. I told myself I would complete the entire 6 hours but as I was going back to my car for stop #3 for refills, I gave up and did my "hour brick" (which was shortened and also way slower than normal). I then went home and crashed....hard. I had 2 Ensures for a recovery drink, took a shower, and then crashed on my bed. I then woke up and went to the couch and couldn't even get up to eat for about two hours. I just uploaded my data and my Z2 power ride had me HR in Z3 for 4:30....which means my Aerobic Decoupling was over 15%....which is not a good sign since IMWI is 3 weeks away.

Has anyone else had an experience like that? I'm mad I didn't complete the last hour but looking at the data now, I don't feel so bad. I'm trying to figure out why this happened though. I don't feel sick. My hip got tweaked a little on Tuesday from a track workout and I skipped running Friday (which sucks but I didn't want to risk an injury from running 90 minutes this close to race with an unknown injury). Anyone else have an experience like this before?

2014-08-17 2:57 AM
in reply to: Blastman

User image

Subject: RE: Bike workout went bad

Sometimes you just have a bad day.

That said, are you trying to compare trainer watts to outdoor watts as "the same?"  What was your power like on your last outdoor long ride?  And where did you come up with your IM power goal of 70-72% of FTP?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike workout went bad Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Mtn bike workout VS road bike workout Pages: 1 2

Started by ingleshteechur
Views: 4372 Posts: 27

2010-10-07 7:55 AM Meulen

When loving your bike goes bad....

Started by wrenling
Views: 1757 Posts: 15

2010-07-03 5:20 PM Curtisb

Good Workouts vs Bad Workouts - Why?

Started by JohnP_NY
Views: 1428 Posts: 11

2009-12-16 12:54 PM newbz

Season went from bad to worse

Started by NavyTRIChief
Views: 656 Posts: 2

2008-06-30 3:01 PM runningwoof

New bike: bad news, good news, bad news, good news

Started by jonathan22
Views: 2010 Posts: 12

2007-02-05 6:33 AM jonathan22
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 14, 2012
author : IndoIronYanti
comments : 0
Feeling blah? Tempted to miss a workout? Here are some practices as well as on-the-spot tricks to get you into your workouts when you're just not feeling it.

date : November 28, 2011
author : juliapurr
Bored out of your mind or watching a movie? Amp it up on the bike trainer.
date : December 28, 2008
author : mat steinmetz
comments : 1
Tired of your bike trainer already? Here are two indoor bike trainer workouts that you can use to keep things interesting while keeping your cycling fitness up.

date : June 18, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 3
Easily transfer your workout data from your Garmin, Polar, Timex and more directly into your BT training log. Eliminate the manual entries. Save time!
date : April 14, 2008
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
The bike fitters at Fit Werx talk about all the components of a triathlon bike fit and how it relates to aerodynamics and the individual.

date : February 18, 2008
author : mrakes1
Getting ready for a long workout? Here are some nutritional guidelines on how best to fuel your body in preparation for that long workout.