General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hit the training wall 3 weeks out...need some pick me up Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-17 6:11 PM

User image

Subject: Hit the training wall 3 weeks out...need some pick me up
Was doing great with my training and had a few minor injuries (toenail, strained calf, and sore groin) gave them attention and a bit of rest and they now feel fine....but....I just feel like I haven't trained in the past year. Any advice out there? I need to get a little mojo back! And FAST!

2014-08-17 10:21 PM
in reply to: djmikula

User image

Denver, CO
Subject: RE: Hit the training wall 3 weeks out...need some pick me up

Yup, know the feeling.  One thing I did was think about how many of each workout I had left between then and race day.  That scared the bejeebers out of me and got me going again.  Plus I thought about whether I really wanted to do this race, why I wanted to do it, and whether it was worth it to throw away all the time and effort I'd put in over the past several months just because I was tired/it was raining/I'd rather fold socks.

2014-08-18 11:37 AM

User image

Master
Los Angeles, CA
No more resting! Start training again! Start easy and gradually rebuild from where you left off. You can do it!
2014-08-18 12:40 PM

User image

I find that if I just get out for a short run, bike or swim, I can usually convince myself halfway through to lengthen it. So I'll think I'm doing a short 5 mile bike, and what a great ride, nice day, I should go a little longer...

My brain doesn't trust me anymore!
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Hit the training wall 3 weeks out...need some pick me up Rss Feed