General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fancy a Balanced Distance Tri? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-08-20 10:19 AM
in reply to: Stuartap

User image

Exton, PA
Subject: RE: Fancy a Balanced Distance Tri?
Originally posted by Stuartap

Originally posted by GoFaster

The only reason I get to be a Triathlete is because the swim is  the shortest part of the race!

The only thing I hate about triathlons is the swim is the shortest part of the race!

That's the whole point of this event. As the distances are currently constructed cyclists are heavily favored, followed closely by runners. If you are not proficient in both those you will never be a really good triathlete. You can be a poor to average swimmer, especially in AG, and still show very well. Right now this is a two sport event with a swim thrown in to consume 10% of the time you spend competing.

If there were events that evened out the three sports as this one wants to do, I would absolutely support them.

I also like that they take the 4th sport out of it, Transition is 5 minutes for everyone so if you get the unlucky T spot at the end of the rack you don't have to worry about losing by 10-15 seconds.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Fancy a Balanced Distance Tri? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Does having a fancy tri bike put more pressure on me Pages: 1 2 3

Started by brreems
Views: 5843 Posts: 69

2012-07-10 7:11 PM mattramirez

What is the point of fancy wheels and tri bikes Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by ctbrian
Views: 6116 Posts: 86

2011-07-19 6:28 PM brucemorgan

Balancing Rugby and Tri

Started by jknapman
Views: 899 Posts: 13

2007-01-04 2:55 PM thebullmccabe

too many sports? balancing tri, run, cycling

Started by autumn
Views: 634 Posts: 15

2006-11-15 10:20 AM autumn

New to Tri's and Wandering How to Balance Work and Training

Started by redraider1
Views: 992 Posts: 18

2006-08-27 10:37 AM us50090
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 14, 2009
author : scoobysdad
comments : 0
Excerpts from the full-length movie of three BT'ers following their dreams to Ironman. Meet BT'er tripletmom01

date : March 6, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 9
Because for everyone out there, crossing the finish line is more about life than the race itself.
date : April 2, 2006
author : acbadger
comments : 1
With a hectic schedule and the desire to throw in other forms of exercise, I went from following one of the training programs to doing my own. Would it be better to follow a training plan?

date : April 9, 2005
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
I am training for my first IM and lately I have been getting cramps in my calves. I am a heavy salt sweater and I was wondering if that has anything to do with it?
date : March 20, 2005
author : chrisandniki
Yoga’s something where one stands in a bizarre and ridiculous pose, listening to new age music, right? Wrong! Check out this primer for beginners.

date : February 28, 2005
author : mamakt
Be a better mother/wife/employee by putting yourself first.
date : October 10, 2004
author : adrianogier
Your programme was a great help in getting my training organised and balanced. Your web site has been a great help.

date : September 2, 2004
author : chrisandniki
2004 Product reviews for stability shoes for neutral foot types