General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMMT are you back? Where did you stay? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-18 2:01 PM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Subject: IMMT are you back? Where did you stay?
Ok I registered today for 2015. Now that I'm done freaking out I want to book a place to stay.

Where did you stay? Did you like it?

From what I can tell, pretty much everything in pedestrian village is walkable and/or there is a reliable shuttle. There will be at least 2 spectators with us and I want to make sure they can move around ok.

There will be 4 of us and my only real requirement is we would like a kitchen - so hotel with kitchen or condo etc.

Thanks! And welcome back - I cant wait to read your race reports!

2014-08-18 3:09 PM
in reply to: mtnbikerchk

User image

Master
Toronto
Bronze member
Subject: RE: IMMT are you back? Where did you stay?

YAY! It's a wonderful race. In 2012 we stayed in the Lodge de la Montagne in the village, I think - it was great. Pricey but we had a one bedroom with kitchen.  It was awesome to take the gondola back up the hill when we were done (My hubby and i both did it) and then back down to watch the finish (after showering and changing).  The only drawback was the internet was an extra fee and i don't know if that changed. It also had a nice hot tub and pool for recovery

We did a training weekend where we stayed in the homewood suites which was also in the village and quite nice - i think we had booked a studio but got a one bedroom - nice kitchen and such.   It was at the top of the hill so further from the finish line (so probably quieter) and it was great because it had internet and breakfast. And the breakfast was really good. 

You really can't go wrong with the village - it's just pricey. 

2014-08-18 3:18 PM

User image

Regular
Washington, DC
I'm in for 2015 too! We've vacationed in MT and stayed in the Westin, which was really nice. I don't think they have full kitchens, though. We're planning to stay in Sommet des Neiges for the IM, I think. Tour des Voyageurs would be right on the finish line and seems to be a little lower priced. Everything in the pedestrian village would be very easy to get to post-race, for what it's worth.
2014-08-18 6:09 PM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Le Khandahar (used to be Country Inn and Suites) has rooms with a full kitchen.  We've stayed there twice and it's very nice.  About a 60 second walk to transition, the run finish goes right by the front door.

2014-08-18 6:38 PM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Thanks guys! I've got some phone calls to make tomorrow! WOOT!!
2014-08-18 7:02 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
Washington, DC
I booked in Sommet des Neiges! Having looked at everything in the pedestrian village today, I remember the following having full kitchens:

Tour des Voyageurs
Kandahar
St. Bernard Place
Residence Inn
Homewood Suites
Sommet des Neiges
Bondurant

All are walking distance to the course. While I haven't been there during the race, I could tell where parts of the course were in relation to the village and it seems like it will be very easy for spectators.

Edited by meggfishy 2014-08-18 7:05 PM

2014-08-19 9:24 AM
in reply to: meggfishy

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
I stayed at Tremblant Les-Eaux which is a condo development right across the chemin duplessis (bike course out) and about 1 mile from the village center. I loved it, it was very reasonable, had 2 parking spots, free wifi,3 decks all with lake views (family watched the swim start from the deck while eating breakfast) big outdoor pool, hot tub, sauna, etc and free passes to the beach. There was a shuttle from the development to the village but we rarely used it.

I would say that a condo right outside the village is a great option for more space and will also be cheaper. Having been there 2 years in a row I would say that staying in the Village is the most convenient option but its also going to run you more $$. Don't forget that some hotels charge for parking each day you stay so that is an extra cost you will incur. If you can afford it and find a nice place, stay in the village. You can park your car for a week and never need it and be less then 10 minute walk to everything.

Good luck in 2015!! it was an amazing experience and an awesome venue
2014-08-19 11:30 PM
in reply to: dmbfan4life20

If you stay in the village, or right next to it, you really can't go wrong with the location. We stayed in Le Sommet des Neiges, and it was really great. Full kitchen, 2 bed condo. The nice thing about LSdN is its location - it's located right at the top of the free gondola that connects the bottom of the village/ironman village/transition and the top of the village where LSdN is located. There's alot of family-friendly activities at the top of the hill right next to the LSdN, so if kids are part of your group next year, you're in business. good restaurants and cafes within a 3 minute walk as well. Also, the hotel is close enough to the ironman village/transition that you can be there in 7ish minutes, but far enough away so that it's quiet and you don't hear the music and announcements - in other words, there's some separation from all the ironman hype, and my family appreciated that since it was a family vacation, not just an Ironman race for me. Long story short, we thought it was a perfect combination of being very close to everything but also in a quiet part of the village at the same time. They also have a hot tub, and a small pool. There were a lot of Ironman folks staying there. So, it's a good choice imho. Matt is right about paying for parking, and someone else mentioned the internet service, and it's weak - but they were only two drawbacks to speak of.

If you're going to get a condo with a kitchen, I would suggest that you goto St. Joivte for a grocery store rather than the relying upon the small one right in the village. There is a good sized IGA right on Rt. 117 in St. Jovite - it's well stocked and only a short ride down Montee Ryan. I think there is a couple of other grocery stores in St. Jovite as well.

If you have any other questions, please let me know as we just got back a few hours ago and stuff is still fresh in my mind.
2014-08-20 5:00 AM
in reply to: LarchmontTri

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by LarchmontTri

If you stay in the village, or right next to it, you really can't go wrong with the location. We stayed in Le Sommet des Neiges, and it was really great. Full kitchen, 2 bed condo. The nice thing about LSdN is its location - it's located right at the top of the free gondola that connects the bottom of the village/ironman village/transition and the top of the village where LSdN is located. There's alot of family-friendly activities at the top of the hill right next to the LSdN, so if kids are part of your group next year, you're in business. good restaurants and cafes within a 3 minute walk as well. Also, the hotel is close enough to the ironman village/transition that you can be there in 7ish minutes, but far enough away so that it's quiet and you don't hear the music and announcements - in other words, there's some separation from all the ironman hype, and my family appreciated that since it was a family vacation, not just an Ironman race for me. Long story short, we thought it was a perfect combination of being very close to everything but also in a quiet part of the village at the same time. They also have a hot tub, and a small pool. There were a lot of Ironman folks staying there. So, it's a good choice imho. Matt is right about paying for parking, and someone else mentioned the internet service, and it's weak - but they were only two drawbacks to speak of.

If you're going to get a condo with a kitchen, I would suggest that you goto St. Joivte for a grocery store rather than the relying upon the small one right in the village. There is a good sized IGA right on Rt. 117 in St. Jovite - it's well stocked and only a short ride down Montee Ryan. I think there is a couple of other grocery stores in St. Jovite as well.

If you have any other questions, please let me know as we just got back a few hours ago and stuff is still fresh in my mind.

what service did you guys use to find condos? I've been on vrbo.com and have made a few inquiries. Also someone from a property management company - Laurentian, contacted me and asked me what I was interested in. I told them and they said they'd get back to me as soon as the 2015 rates were out.
2014-08-20 8:08 AM
in reply to: #5040772

User image

Extreme Veteran
Cypress, TX
We stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn. We had one of the 2BR bi-level suites. It was very pricey (almost $600 per night after taxes and parking) but probably 100m from the finish line. Kitchen, free breakfast buffet and wifi. I would stay there again.

2014-08-20 9:53 AM

User image

Champion
Atlanta, Ga
We stayed at a Condo right up the hill from the race. I'm talking literally a 3 min walk. Well, 3 min down and 8 up after the race.

2 Bedroom/2 Bath with full kitchen and interwebs. She owns 2 of them and Luke Bell rented the other one. Booked it the week before the race actually. I know she said it was open for next year's race. It was $300/night and worth EVERY dollar.

2014-08-20 4:11 PM

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Originally posted by mtnbikerchk

what service did you guys use to find condos? I've been on vrbo.com and have made a few inquiries. Also someone from a property management company - Laurentian, contacted me and asked me what I was interested in. I told them and they said they'd get back to me as soon as the 2015 rates were out.

Go to www.homeaway.com and look. that is where I found my condo and it was great. The development is called Tremblant- Les Eaux. When browsing, I got on the IMMT website and looked at a map of the Village and compared with the map location for each condo I was looking at to make sure they were close enough. Homeway gives you all the owners info, reviews, maps, pics, etc and was really easy and convenient to use. You might have easier/better rates going through a private condo owner then through the Tremblant service which is basically a paid middleman position in the town.
2014-08-20 10:37 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii

I used this service initially...but wound up in Chateau Beauvallon (which is outside the village)

One area that is adjacent to the village is Pinoteau Village..you might check there as well.

http://www.ownerdirect.com/accommodation/mont-tremblant

Edited by metafizx 2014-08-20 10:38 PM
2014-08-21 7:54 PM
in reply to: metafizx

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
ok one more silly question - can I assume that the resort shuttles run for the length of the event (or at least 1am) rather than the regular posted schedule of 8pm on Sundays?

2014-08-22 3:10 AM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk ok one more silly question - can I assume that the resort shuttles run for the length of the event (or at least 1am) rather than the regular posted schedule of 8pm on Sundays?

Shuttles for what?

2014-08-22 4:50 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by axteraa

Originally posted by mtnbikerchk ok one more silly question - can I assume that the resort shuttles run for the length of the event (or at least 1am) rather than the regular posted schedule of 8pm on Sundays?

Shuttles for what?

for getting around town

http://www.tremblant.ca/plan-your-trip/getting-here/ground-transpor...

2014-08-22 5:13 AM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Gotcha, I didn't know that existed (stayed in the pedestrian village both times)

2014-08-22 6:01 AM

User image

Simsbury, Connecticut
Originally posted by axteraa

Gotcha, I didn't know that existed (stayed in the pedestrian village both times)

well I'm only thinking about it because a lot of the condos I'm finding are up a hill - which will only be an issue for 1 night
2014-08-22 3:34 PM

User image

Master
Kailua, Hawaii

ok one more silly question - can I assume that the resort shuttles run for the length of the event (or at least 1am) rather than the regular posted schedule of 8pm on Sundays?

I didn't deal with the shuttles so I'm not sure. I was able to drive to / from the race. although parking was crazy and I found a "secret" spot not too far away. There's a dirt lot up the road across from where the swim is, it's a bit of a hike but ample parking.
2014-08-23 9:36 AM

I just called the main MT reservations telephone number on the home page. http://www.tremblant.ca/

Here's what they have on their website:

Call now to make a reservation: Toll-Free
1-888-738-1777
Local and International
1-514-764-7546

Give them a call and see what they can do for you - they were super helpful for me.

Good luck.

2015-02-10 9:31 PM
in reply to: LarchmontTri

New user

I'm looking to sign up for IMMT, but first I wanted to make sure there were still places to stay!

I found a couple of promising places on airbnb and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what might be better: somewhere in Mont-Tremblant about 15 minutes from the Village (the host says it is right by the "airport field and shuttle services"-can anyone elaborate on this?) vs. 30ish minutes from the Village. What is the parking and shuttle situation and what would you choose?

Thanks! I'm kind of terrified...in the best possible way!

2015-02-11 5:10 AM
in reply to: hanmeg03

User image

Extreme Veteran
Originally posted by hanmeg03

I'm looking to sign up for IMMT, but first I wanted to make sure there were still places to stay!

I found a couple of promising places on airbnb and was wondering if anyone had any insight as to what might be better: somewhere in Mont-Tremblant about 15 minutes from the Village (the host says it is right by the "airport field and shuttle services"-can anyone elaborate on this?) vs. 30ish minutes from the Village. What is the parking and shuttle situation and what would you choose?

There is an airfield in Mt-Tremblant. Race day they use it for visitor parking and then there is a shuttle that brings people into the ski resort which is where Transition and finish line are.
Most of the major roads are closed race morning and only the shuttles are allowed.
BTW, same thing goes for getting out of Tremblant. Last year at 70.3 WC people had flights 1hr after transition re-opened and had to drive out of the resort.

To avoid the hassle race morning, I would draw a circle with a radius of say 1 mile around T1. Beware that anything North to East of that point is uphill :-)

Domaine Les Manoirs is nice (and close)
2015-02-12 11:51 AM
in reply to: hanmeg03

User image

Master
Crab Cake City
Originally posted by hanmeg03

Look at www.homeaway.com and look at Tremblant Les-Eaux. Its less then a mile from the village and they put up a big walk way over the bike course to get you from one side of the road to the village without disrupting the race. I stayed here last year when I raced and loved it and so did the family. LOTS of condos available in IMMT and you should be able to find one close enough. If you get on Mont Tremblants tourist site, there is a map of all the condo developments and you can compare that to the race course info and see how far you are away. Tons of options near transition that would not require you to drive/walk far. You should easily be able to find something.

I would recommend staying in a place where you do not have to rely on the shuttles. We had a shuttle service in our condo development but nobody used it because it was walkable. You do not want to have to worry about shuttle being on time and waiting around to get placed. Just my $.02
2015-02-15 7:20 PM
in reply to: dmbfan4life20

User image

Master
Bedford, MA
I've done the 70.3, 140.6 and 70.3 WC and all three times stayed at Le Kandahar. Great location, especially for family on race day. Also a great breakfast - open 4am on race morning.

For the 2015 IM my in laws got a time share (fri-fri) that's right where the run course goes onto the bike path in the woods, so a little over 3 miles from transition and the village. On race day I'll have to snag the shuttle to get to transition. It will be a little different than previous races, but may be a nice change and we'll have the option of staying for a few days after the race with my wife's family.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » IMMT are you back? Where did you stay? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Question on doing Sprints on back to back weekends

Started by uhcoog
Views: 955 Posts: 5

2010-08-31 9:24 AM uhcoog

I am BACK!

Started by BeginnerMan
Views: 619 Posts: 3

2009-06-22 7:47 PM saling4

I am back!!!

Started by EABonney
Views: 546 Posts: 5

2007-06-19 9:48 AM KathyG

Doing back-to-back tris in a weekend

Started by PirateGirl
Views: 1090 Posts: 7

2006-04-21 4:34 PM Nob

Stay on Target, Stay on Target!

Started by stoneycoco
Views: 1324 Posts: 10

2005-06-08 9:12 AM imnotjoking
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 14, 2011
author : AMSSM
comments : 2
What is the recommended way to recover from a cycling-related lower back injury?