General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chicago SuperSprint '14 Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-18 10:08 PM

User image

Subject: Chicago SuperSprint '14
Is anyone else doing the supersprint this Saturday, Aug. 23? It's my very first triathlon, so I decided to register for the shortest. Who else is going to be there?!

I have some nerves about how everything is going to work (especially setting up transitions, finding a parking spot, making sur I don't lose any gear). BT support would be great.

2014-08-19 9:34 AM
in reply to: Carolyn24

User image

Champion
Southern Chicago Suburbs, IL
Subject: RE: Chicago SuperSprint '14

Originally posted by Carolyn24 Is anyone else doing the supersprint this Saturday, Aug. 23? It's my very first triathlon, so I decided to register for the shortest. Who else is going to be there?! I have some nerves about how everything is going to work (especially setting up transitions, finding a parking spot, making sur I don't lose any gear). BT support would be great.

Never done the SuperSprint but have ~40 races under my belt.  My $0.02.

Transition - Keep it simple.  Don't bring tons of stuff.  Little mat/towel to put your shoes/hat/etc on while you are in the water.  Have your bike geared to a slightly easier gear so you aren't mashing it coming out of transition.  

Parking - I wouldn't worry TOO much about this.  It isn't nearly as large as the Sunday races.

Gear - when are you afraid you are going to lose it?  Transition is VERY secure so don't worry about that.  Just make certain when you are setting up race morning that you do a few walk through attempts of the transition area.  Go from Swim in to Bike out so you know where you are in T1.  Then do a trip from Bike In to Run out so you are ready in T2.  Do both of those a few times.  If there are land marks (other bikes, trees, balloons or streamers from other participants on the racks) use those to help.  

Most importantly, above all else.  HAVE FUN!  

2014-08-19 10:40 AM

User image

Champion
Chicago
Originally posted by Carolyn24

Is anyone else doing the supersprint this Saturday, Aug. 23? It's my very first triathlon, so I decided to register for the shortest. Who else is going to be there?!

I have some nerves about how everything is going to work (especially setting up transitions, finding a parking spot, making sur I don't lose any gear). BT support would be great.

I would just park at the Millennium Park garages where they tell you to -- it's a tad pricey but convenient. I live a few blocks from there and see a lot of surface lots nearby if you don't want to pay the high garage prices. The best part is you should be done in time for a nice breakfast at one of the local eateries.

Setting up transitions is easy, just put your bike stuff in one pile and your running stuff in a separate pile.

Important advice: Don't forget your shoes.
2014-08-19 11:17 AM
in reply to: mr2tony

User image

Champion

Originally posted by mr2tony
Originally posted by Carolyn24 Is anyone else doing the supersprint this Saturday, Aug. 23? It's my very first triathlon, so I decided to register for the shortest. Who else is going to be there?! I have some nerves about how everything is going to work (especially setting up transitions, finding a parking spot, making sur I don't lose any gear). BT support would be great. [/QUOTE] I would just park at the Millennium Park garages where they tell you to -- it's a tad pricey but convenient. I live a few blocks from there and see a lot of surface lots nearby if you don't want to pay the high garage prices. The best part is you should be done in time for a nice breakfast at one of the local eateries. Setting up transitions is easy, just put your bike stuff in one pile and your running stuff in a separate pile. Important advice: Don't forget your shoes.

Supersprint is up North (Montrose Harbor) so don't park there!  

2014-08-20 8:24 AM
in reply to: crowny2

I was gonna say, the most important thing to know is that the Super Sprint is at Montrose Beach, not Millenium park...
2014-08-25 9:52 AM

User image

Champion

Originally posted by Carolyn24 Is anyone else doing the supersprint this Saturday, Aug. 23? It's my very first triathlon, so I decided to register for the shortest. Who else is going to be there?! I have some nerves about how everything is going to work (especially setting up transitions, finding a parking spot, making sur I don't lose any gear). BT support would be great.

How did it go?

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Chicago SuperSprint '14 Rss Feed