General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Great Customer Service From Cycleops Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-19 1:38 PM

User image

Oakville
Subject: Great Customer Service From Cycleops

About a month ago I noticed that my Fluid2 trainer was leaking.  I bought it from a bike show about 4 years ago and have no idea where the receipt is.

I debated about whether to deal with the hassle of proving the purchase and then having it repaired under the warranty, which I assumed meant sending it back to the manufacturer and waiting several weeks/months for the repair/replacement.

I finally decided to call Cycleops just to get some details on their warranty procedure and, after a brief discussion, they agreed to ship me a replacement unit.  

One week later, it arrived at my door.

As I have dealt with many companies that do everything they can to avoid honouring a warranty, I wanted to share a positive customer service experience.

2014-08-19 1:41 PM
in reply to: Scott71

User image

Subject: RE: Great Customer Service From Cycleops

I've heard many similar warranty stories about Cycleops.  Kurt Kinetic too.  I believe both companies honor their lifetime warranty even if you are not the original owner.

2014-08-19 1:47 PM

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

They have twice done the same for me.  Replaced for free, no questions asked.  In fact, the first time I told them that I had bought it off of ebay and they didn't seem to care.

The fact that it has twice leaked on me is another story....

2014-08-19 2:03 PM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

Originally posted by axteraa

They have twice done the same for me.  Replaced for free, no questions asked.  In fact, the first time I told them that I had bought it off of ebay and they didn't seem to care.

Too much time on the trainer, not enough riding outdoors.    CX bike now...NO EXCUSES!!!

2014-08-19 2:37 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
Did you have to return the old one?
2014-08-19 4:19 PM

Absolutely. I've had a couple of issues with my Mag+, possibly linked to carrying it in my suitcase back and forth from Jamaica a couple of times. Each time, a replacement unit was on my doorstep in days. Agree with the "but why did it break in the first place?" feeling, but I'll buy gear from Cycleops/Saris any time now based on their great support.

2014-08-19 5:38 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Elite
PEI, Canada

Originally posted by Jason N

Originally posted by axteraa

Too much time on the trainer, not enough riding outdoors.    CX bike now...NO EXCUSES!!!

I'm gonna need some studded tires!

2014-08-19 6:21 PM
in reply to: axteraa

User image

NO EXCUSES!!!  

(CX Snow.jpg)

Attachments
----------------
CX Snow.jpg (9KB - 1 downloads)
2014-08-19 10:00 PM
in reply to: runningmon

User image

Oakville

Originally posted by runningmon Absolutely. I've had a couple of issues with my Mag+, possibly linked to carrying it in my suitcase back and forth from Jamaica a couple of times. Each time, a replacement unit was on my doorstep in days. Agree with the "but why did it break in the first place?" feeling, but I'll buy gear from Cycleops/Saris any time now based on their great support.

Initially they asked that I send the defective unit back, but after they found out I lived in Canada they waived that requirement.

They also told me that the return was solely for recycling purposes and that they don't refurbish the defective units.

2014-08-19 10:10 PM

User image

I had a similar (good) experience from Cycleops. At the time it was about 5 years old and barely used. It sat mostly in my basement and then when I finally started using it I noticed dripping on the mat. I didn't have a reciept and I was just going to assume that I was SOL since it was so old/ I did mention it to my LBS where I bought it and they took it back and handled the entire repair for me. It took a few weeks and I paid for the outbound shipping but I was very happy it was taken care of.

Like others said.... Good service but why the leak?

Keba
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Great Customer Service From Cycleops Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

CycleOps Customer Service

Started by Coach Gil
Views: 889 Posts: 6

2013-06-07 10:30 AM JohnnyKay

CycleOps Customer Service

Started by BernardDogs
Views: 1945 Posts: 9

2012-03-06 9:05 PM KSH

Profile Design - Great Customer Service

Started by BHannahs
Views: 798 Posts: 2

2008-05-21 2:08 PM Tri3

Great customer service!

Started by maura9900
Views: 1136 Posts: 3

2008-05-08 4:38 PM MrSolis

THIS is great customer service!

Started by hangloose
Views: 1071 Posts: 7

2007-09-27 1:52 PM hangloose
RELATED ARTICLES
date : June 12, 2012
comments : 2
Mark will reveal blow by blow what took him from six devastating setbacks in the Ironman World Championships in Kona to the first of his six World Championship victories on the Big Island.

date : September 3, 2010
author : Sara McLarty
comments : 1
This installment of the BT Swim Series will focus on being efficient in the water. Learning how to swim smooth and efficiently is important to becoming a great swimmer.
date : July 15, 2009
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
Not only is he a great athlete, he is a great mentor. I have been in his mentor group for the last two rounds and he inspires and encourages our entire group daily.

date : October 4, 2006
author : trijesse
comments : 1
After years of waiting....its all about to change! This was my first triathlon and I have to say that the whole thing was amazing to me.
date : September 3, 2005
author : bflrich
You’re probably not going to get it just right immediately. Like always, just do the best you can and keep on keeping on. Don’t get upset if you don’t hit the target every time.

date : August 31, 2004
WAYNESVILLE, Ohio (August 22, 2004) Professional triathlete Felipe Bastos (BRA/USA) took another trip to Ohio this weekend...