General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Yet another goal Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-20 10:53 PM

Subject: Yet another goal
Hello Everyone,
I just sent the last 2.5 years getting a degree in college and have been looking for a new challenge.
I have been an off and on road bike racer and runner.
For the last 8 years have been stuck to traveling for work with very little time for exercise.

I have always had an interest in triathlons but never really knew how to train for them. Until I found this website. What a god send to find this website.

I am embarking on the Couch to Tri training program and plan to enter my first race in 8 months here is Sacramento, CA.
I figure if I have been out of athletics for over 8 years I better start from ground zero.

I have already downloaded the training program from this website so I can get started.

I am stoked to get started and can't wait to see my improvements as I work through my weaknesses; so I can reach my ultimate goal of a Iron Man in Tahoe.
If you set your goals high it might as well include altitude.

I look forward to sharing my experience as well as getting to know as many of you as I can.
Hope to see you soon at an event.

Regards,

Tim

2014-08-20 11:15 PM
in reply to: Timothynoble01

User image

Iowa City, Iowa
Subject: RE: Yet another goal
Welcome Tim, I am about to complete my first triathlon in about a week, so hello from a fellow newbie! I have a demanding job (not that others don't lol) that sometimes gets in the way of training but having the right attitude, outlook and goals can go a long way. Your previous biking/running experience should serve you well (I had neither biking nor swimming before I started). Enjoy training and I'll be happy to give advice/tips as a newcomer to the triathlon world.
2014-08-21 11:26 AM
in reply to: Timothynoble01

User image

Champion

Awesome!  That couch-to-tri program is a solid, conservative program perfect for somebody coming back to athletics.  Even if on any given day, you think you can do more, don't.  Stick with the plan and it will work.  

Let us know any questions you have and keep us updated on your progress.

Welcome!

2014-08-27 4:46 PM
in reply to: Ron

Ron,
Thank you I have started the training program and thank you for the advice about not doing more than the program calls for.
It seems you know my style of training of being over anxious and trying to get to my final goal before a specific time.

Last thing I need is an injury so I will follow your advice and use the program as it is designed.

Thank you again.
2014-08-27 4:49 PM
in reply to: ChemNerd23

So how did your first Triathlon go?

I will keep in touch for any advice you might have for a fellow newbie.

Chem nerd huh my son is also a chem nerd who wants to get into Bio Med.
Also hoping I can get him to come along with me on the training and when the time comes riding and running (he already swims on a swim team).

Thank you for the support.

Regards,

Tim
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Yet another goal Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Yet Another Big Guy

Started by Big Dan
Views: 612 Posts: 7

2004-08-20 1:55 PM Michael

Yet another lurking lurker

Started by Zilla
Views: 606 Posts: 5

2004-08-13 2:07 PM usarocks

Yet another newbie takes the plunge

Started by Murph
Views: 768 Posts: 6

2004-08-04 2:15 PM usarocks

Yet another...

Started by misolis
Views: 840 Posts: 7

2004-03-25 11:02 PM Michael

Yet another newbie - almost....

Started by Bigpikle
Views: 953 Posts: 6

2003-12-19 1:05 AM Bigpikle
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 9, 2010
author : jasongootman
comments : 0
From simple time-trial testing or past performance, you can appropriately set your race goals for your upcoming races.

date : April 8, 2010
author : Team BT
Create goals to help you train and lose weight. Our logger will automatically update your goals.
date : March 20, 2007
author : Ontherun
comments : 1
Making goals achievable is an important part of reaching our end goal. Also, having a bar that is set high is important, so we are always striving for something better.

date : March 21, 2005
author : Ontherun
Until last year an Ironman was just a dream. Now it has become a goal. I needed to start, but where?
date : January 10, 2005
author : ewkfit
My training was taking off. I had never felt stronger. I was making bigger strides than I ever had. I was stronger and faster than I had imagined myself ever being.

date : October 31, 2004
author : tmwelshy
To prevent a mental breakdown before you even get to the starting line, use the winter months to set goals, build your base, vary your workouts, cut back on training and throw in some variety.
date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them

date : August 31, 2004
author : malvey
How to motivate yourslef into habit forming triathlon training goals.