General Discussion Triathlon Talk » *ss crack problems Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-21 11:47 AM

User image

Veteran
Shawnee
Subject: *ss crack problems
**editted...evidently the site will not allow the word a-s-s crack to show up...as I had originally written this. FYI**

Does anyone else get severe crack problems after long runs? It seems to be especially bad when it's very humid. Probably from a ton of sweat running down my back into the crack. I run in tri shorts and don't seem to have any chafing anywhere except for right in the crack and it only seems to happen when I do longer runs. Anything longer than 6 miles or so seems to do it. I haven't tried a lot of troubleshooting....although one option I thought about was applying myself with a bunch of body glide in the area, but if I need to do I need to buy a new stick and label it appropriately.

Edited by dprocket 2014-08-21 11:49 AM

2014-08-21 11:56 AM
in reply to: dprocket

User image

Champion
the alamo city, Texas
Subject: RE: *ss crack problems

Originally posted by dprocket **editted...evidently the site will not allow the word a-s-s crack to show up...as I had originally written this. FYI** Does anyone else get severe crack problems after long runs? It seems to be especially bad when it's very humid. Probably from a ton of sweat running down my back into the crack. I run in tri shorts and don't seem to have any chafing anywhere except for right in the crack and it only seems to happen when I do longer runs. Anything longer than 6 miles or so seems to do it. I haven't tried a lot of troubleshooting....although one option I thought about was applying myself with a bunch of body glide in the area, but if I need to do I need to buy a new stick and label it appropriately.

please PLEASE buy the body glide, cover the word "body" with "a-s-s" and leave it lying around your house and record people's reactions.

PLEASE

2014-08-21 12:03 PM
in reply to: mehaner

User image

Expert
lake forest, California

this thread is rated R

2014-08-21 1:25 PM

User image

Champion
Tacoma, Washington

This thread has SO much potential...

2014-08-21 1:41 PM
in reply to: briderdt

User image

Expert
Boise, ID

Ok I will get it started...

Quit shaving ur ace, it does not make you faster and that hair back there serves a real purpose!

2014-08-21 1:48 PM

Bodyglide! I don't go on a run without using it there! I peel the label off the bodyglide I use for that area.

2014-08-21 2:20 PM
in reply to: summerk

Regular
Apple Valley, Minnesota
spray antiperspirant/deodorant keep it dry. Or body glide, but don't ask for A**glide, you will get looked at funny, or get nothing close to what you were looking for.
2014-08-21 2:37 PM

User image

Veteran
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Originally posted by dprocket

**editted...evidently the site will not allow the word a-s-s crack to show up...as I had originally written this. FYI**

Does anyone else get severe crack problems after long runs? It seems to be especially bad when it's very humid. Probably from a ton of sweat running down my back into the crack. I run in tri shorts and don't seem to have any chafing anywhere except for right in the crack and it only seems to happen when I do longer runs. Anything longer than 6 miles or so seems to do it. I haven't tried a lot of troubleshooting....although one option I thought about was applying myself with a bunch of body glide in the area, but if I need to do I need to buy a new stick and label it appropriately.

This happens to me as well in the heat - I have learned that a modest application of your favorite chamois cream seems to fix this issue
2014-08-22 8:42 AM

User image

I've been wondering whether I even want to write this up here or not. But now that the subject has been broached, here's TMI that might help someone else avoid trial and error.

I found when I ran over about 3 miles, putting on some chamois cream in the usual places helps. Not near as much as when I ride but just a touch. I also found out the ol' crack feels much better afterwords if I help it along a bit as well for runs like that.

The longer and "it's funny... NOW" part is this. Last year I started doing more road bike and zero tri bike. Kidney issues that disallowed me bending over on the bars.

I never even thought about that. I started getting horrible rash, itching, etc and honestly thought it was hemorrhoids or another similar issue. Got so bad I used preparation H, aloe spray, lanocain, pretty much anything I could think of. I ended up getting an endoscopy (I'm 48 so that's not a bad thing anyway) that showed no issues.

WTF?

I found when I boiled myself in the bathtub with epsom salts every night everything felt better. So that's what I did.

About two/three months ago I realized I felt like rug burn on my tucas. Hmmm...

I started making sure that in addition to the one spot on the right side of my undercarriage I gooped up because that's where I get chafing, I put some chamois cream where the sun don't shine. My GOD! That's IT!

Yeah, the whole thing was chafing and it all ended when I started using chamois cream while riding as well as when running. Now, thinking back, it's amusing but damn that hurt rather frequently.

2014-08-22 1:27 PM
in reply to: DanielG

User image

Pro

I just wanted this top be on top of the "{wife hates speedos" thread.

2014-08-22 1:37 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro

msteiner wears a speedo.

2014-08-22 2:26 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Extreme Veteran
Ridgeland, Mississippi

Originally posted by Left Brain

msteiner wears a speedo.

Ha! 

2015-04-01 6:07 PM
in reply to: Aarondb4

The good news is that I am not alone, the bad news is I now have to ask my question.

I am hairy in all the places I don't want it - ears, nose, back and I'll leave the rest to your imagination - and losing hair where I do want it - my head. My kids think I am a silver-back gorilla and have even worn a rashie to swim squad to avoid embaressment. (By the way, I was the only silver-back gorilla in the pool with a rashie so embaressment was not avoided. Not even a little bit).

I find that my back-side and crack chafe up something horible on long rides or runs, despite liberal application of glide and / or chamois cream and / or vaseline.

So I have been considering the old back, crack and other parts wax or shave or even laser removal to aid in less chafe-age.

From this thread that seems like a bad idea.

So here is my question - has anyone removed all the hair from glutes, hips, down to quads and everything inbetween with a positive effect? And is prepared to admit it on a public forum?

let the p!55-taking begin...
2015-04-02 9:35 AM
in reply to: Dragonfly238

User image

Deep in the Heart of Texas

Sweat Gutr is something you wear on your head which diverts sweat from your face and eyes.  Seems like that company needs to expand its offerings to include a lower back gutter - maybe the Crack Gutr.

2015-04-02 9:53 AM

User image

Pro

Tri Slide. It's lube in a spray can. Then, you can use it everywhere without it being weird

2015-04-02 11:19 AM
in reply to: ratherbeswimming

User image

Brooklyn, New York
> Love speedos -CHECK
>Shave a-s-s- crack - CHECK
>Routine Epsom soaks - CHECK
*Use 100% cocoa butter instead of body glide - CHECK CHECK!
Find it lasts longer through sweat, cheaper and really good for the skin

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » *ss crack problems Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Saddle Problems = Prostate Problems

Started by Qua17
Views: 2423 Posts: 11

2013-01-24 7:09 AM audiojan

Cracked Ribs in Colorado!

Started by C-Ray
Views: 722 Posts: 3

2007-02-19 4:14 PM Artemis

I need two cracked zipps 404 or 808 or something close

Started by atc
Views: 1364 Posts: 12

2007-02-17 6:54 PM chirunner134

Just say No to crack!

Started by Colomingle
Views: 1645 Posts: 23

2006-06-26 6:34 PM JBrashear

Cracked ribs

Started by Aikane
Views: 953 Posts: 10

2004-06-23 3:57 PM Aikane
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 16, 2011
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 2
Some athletes call it runners' trots; others call it diarrhea. Whatever the name, few athletes openly discuss the topic yet many secretly suffer. Here’s some information about this stinky topic that m

date : June 30, 2009
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
Are your brakes not slowing you down enough? Are your wheels rubbing on them? This video will cover the basics on adjusting your own bicycle brakes.
date : January 5, 2009
author : AMSSM
comments : 1
For eight months now I have had progressively worse snapping in my legs and ankles. Whenever I walk, my knees crack on the outside and they sometimes hurt when this happens.

date : January 16, 2008
comments : 1
My symptoms have been present off and on for almost two years. Is this a surgical problem, or should I just keep managing it for as long as I can?
date : December 19, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 2
My problem is I can only swim about 30-40 meters without having to rest. What is the best way to improve this? I need to get from 40 to 750 meters in 6 months.

date : October 11, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
I have 10 lessons with a coach and he keeps telling my I'm holding my breath. I cannot figure out where since I'm breathing out and in every 3rd stroke. Any drill recommendations?
date : July 17, 2005
Proper Bicycle Fit and Treatment of Common Cycling-related Medical Problems