General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who's Coming to Tawas for the 3D Festival of Races Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-22 8:06 AM

User image

Expert
Subject: Who's Coming to Tawas for the 3D Festival of Races
The 3 D festival of races is in 2 weeks, and I was wondering who is coming up this year for the race. The road conditions are very good, all construction to widen Monument is scheduled until after the race. Current water temp in the bay is 71 F. As long as the weather holds out it should be a good race.

2014-08-23 11:13 AM
in reply to: #5042315

User image

Subject: RE: Who's Coming to Tawas for the 3D Festival of Races
I was looking at potentially doing this next year as I've heard good things. My first tri was in Petoskey last weekend and 3d did a nice job putting everything together.
2014-08-25 9:36 PM
in reply to: Toefuzz

User image

Expert
I hope to see you here next year then.
2014-08-25 10:13 PM
in reply to: JBacarella

User image

New user
Howell, Michigan
I'm doing the race again and my wife is participating in her first Tri.

I swam the course today and the water is perfect.

LJ
2014-08-26 7:30 AM
in reply to: LJonesCPA

User image

Lake Orion
After 3 years of half's here, I'm in for the Olympic this year. Love this race.
2014-08-26 8:01 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Expert
Originally posted by LJonesCPA

I'm doing the race again and my wife is participating in her first Tri.

I swam the course today and the water is perfect.

LJ

Are you the one running out to the point on Friday in the 3D singlet?

I am doing the HIM my 18 year old daughter is moving up from the sprint to the Oly this year.

Edited by JBacarella 2014-08-26 8:01 AM

2014-08-26 12:23 PM

User image

New user
Howell, Michigan
I ran (if you can describe it that way) to the point on Friday morning but didn't wear a 3D singlet, just an old T-shirt and running shorts.

I spend every weekend in Tawas at the marina in town and usually bike or swim on the weekends. It's a great spot to bike, within a couple of miles of town, you can have miles of smooth roads with very little traffic. I live in Grand Blanc and between the bumpy roads and traffic, it's tough to get a good long ride.

Congratulations to your daughter on moving up to the Oly, I'd like to run that distance next year. I'll also be at the finish line cheering on the HIM, that's a terrific accomplishment.

LJ
2014-08-26 1:07 PM

User image

I will be up in Tawas for the 70.3. My wife and boys will be coming to watch. LJ...I know you..this is Jeff Bittner (formally from JPM).

It would be great to meet up with you...it's been a while.

We are staying at the Tawas Bay Beach Resort, checking in on Friday, leaving Sunday.

Email me if you want to touch base: [email protected]

Take care LJ.

Jeff
2014-08-26 1:49 PM
in reply to: Jeff B

User image

New user
Howell, Michigan
I just sent you an e-mail. It'll be good to see you and catch up.
2014-08-26 2:16 PM

User image

Expert

I ran (if you can describe it that way) to the point on Friday morning but didn't wear a 3D singlet, just an old T-shirt and running shorts.

I spend every weekend in Tawas at the marina in town and usually bike or swim on the weekends. It's a great spot to bike, within a couple of miles of town, you can have miles of smooth roads with very little traffic. I live in Grand Blanc and between the bumpy roads and traffic, it's tough to get a good long ride.

Congratulations to your daughter on moving up to the Oly, I'd like to run that distance next year. I'll also be at the finish line cheering on the HIM, that's a terrific accomplishment.

LJ

My oldest daughter, (not the triathlete) knows who you are. She worked at the Dock this Summer, Friday was her last day, she plans on returning next Summer. Her name is Maria.
2014-08-26 3:36 PM

User image

New user
Howell, Michigan
My family and I do know her. Maria is a wonderful girl. You should be very proud of her.

Tell her I said hello and good luck with school.

2014-08-27 7:49 AM

User image

Expert
Thank You. We are proud of her, she is a really good kid. I will tell her you said hello.
2014-08-28 7:39 AM

User image

Expert
Norton Shores, MI

We are headed over from the west side of the state.  This will be our 4th time at this race.  We always get a cottage on Lake Huron and love the area.  I am doing the Olympic. 

Looking forward to it.

2014-08-28 8:02 AM
in reply to: rymac

User image

Expert
Originally posted by rymac

We are headed over from the west side of the state.  This will be our 4th time at this race.  We always get a cottage on Lake Huron and love the area.  I am doing the Olympic. 

Looking forward to it.

Glad you are coming over again this year! I love this course, especially the bike course.
2014-09-03 2:30 PM

User image

Master
Jim - I registered today and bringing up a good friend of mine. We're both racing the Half. My first long course triathlon!
2014-09-03 7:16 PM
in reply to: trisuppo

User image

Expert
Originally posted by trisuppo

Jim - I registered today and bringing up a good friend of mine. We're both racing the Half. My first long course triathlon!

Great! I will PM my contact info. I am normally downtown during registration. So, text me when you get downtown, and I will meet you.

2014-09-07 9:02 PM

User image

New user
Howell, Michigan
J.B.

I know in the past, you have been involved with the city and 3D as a liaison, or some other capacity. If the subject comes up, this event was terrific. Everything from the fan support, to the finish on Newman Street, to the event afterwards was really enjoyable.

My thanks and appreciation to everyone involved.

LJ
2014-09-08 8:03 AM

User image

Expert

J.B.

I know in the past, you have been involved with the city and 3D as a liaison, or some other capacity. If the subject comes up, this event was terrific. Everything from the fan support, to the finish on Newman Street, to the event afterwards was really enjoyable.

LJ

LJ thanks for the feed back, its nice to hear and I will pass it along. BTW my daughter said hello. She had very nice things to say about you and your family.
2014-09-08 1:10 PM

User image

Master
Originally posted by JBacarella

J.B.

LJ

LJ thanks for the feed back, its nice to hear and I will pass it along. BTW my daughter said hello. She had very nice things to say about you and your family.

Jim - I concur. The volunteers out on the course were also awesome. One suggestion for the 3D crew - send someone to Walmart for Ice for the pop filled swimming pool. I would have loved one of the mountain dews at the finish line, but my stomach wasn't going to be able to handle another warm, syrupy sweet concoction. I'm sure it was just a snafu. Anne Marie was very helpful with the t-shirt size exchange. very happy with this race!
2014-09-08 3:35 PM
in reply to: trisuppo

User image

Expert
Originally posted by trisuppo

Originally posted by JBacarella

J.B.

LJ

Jim - I concur. The volunteers out on the course were also awesome. One suggestion for the 3D crew - send someone to Walmart for Ice for the pop filled swimming pool. I would have loved one of the mountain dews at the finish line, but my stomach wasn't going to be able to handle another warm, syrupy sweet concoction. I'm sure it was just a snafu. Anne Marie was very helpful with the t-shirt size exchange. very happy with this race!

It never occurred to me to tell them they could get ice when the picked up the prisoners. The Sheriff's department would have given it to them for free. Another lesson for next year.
I'm glad you liked the race. I hope it lived up to my hype.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Who's Coming to Tawas for the 3D Festival of Races Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

3D Triathlon Festival East Tawas Pages: 1 2

Started by JBacarella
Views: 4301 Posts: 30

2013-09-11 1:21 PM JBacarella

Tawas Tri Festival

Started by rottieguy
Views: 1867 Posts: 21

2011-09-13 3:37 PM rymac

BS Changes to Tawas Run Courses, I've Had it With 3D

Started by AeroBaldness
Views: 1612 Posts: 10

2009-08-20 11:45 AM fsr402

Tawas Triathlon Festival

Started by rjray
Views: 1129 Posts: 9

2009-07-17 3:16 PM fsr402

Tawas Triathlon Festival - HIM Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by matt3liv
Views: 7185 Posts: 91

2008-10-08 4:02 PM jkartz
RELATED ARTICLES
date : March 28, 2012
author : EnduRight
comments : 0
Iron distance racing depends on the three pillars of pacing, nutrition and mental outlook. Training these three areas can significantly improve your race.

date : June 6, 2007
author : Ron
comments : 4
Coverage of the entire Mooseman Triathlon Festival with race video feeds, race reports and pictures.
date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 8
I’m not going to sugar coat my experience and tell you that it was a piece of cake, but I am going to attempt to give you some advice and useful information that I wish I had before participating.

date : July 2, 2006
author : susietri
comments : 6
Race report for my first sprint triathlon in which I tell the tale of panic and redemption.
date : March 5, 2006
author : BobbyMcgee
When we get ready to train or race, we have a pretty fixed set of thoughts. We are unaware of how they affect our racing.

date : June 14, 2005
author : tomp
comments : 1
Tips on swimming, biking and running to race-day lessons from this beginners first five months of training.
date : April 24, 2005
author : mikericci
If you feel your base work is adequate, then here are five areas I would recommend you can work on before your first race.

date : September 4, 2004
author : Daniel Clout
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.