General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to DFW/Flower Mound - training group Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-26 2:36 PM

Subject: New to DFW/Flower Mound - training group
Hi all -

Just relocated from KC to Texas for work and looking to get into Tri's. Been running since 2010'ish and have done my fair share of half's. Decent runner.

Always wanted to do the other 2, but the season in KC was short and never really got around to it. Now that I am down here I can do it.

Been lurking and see there are open swims at Lake Lewisville. I live just South of Marcus HS. Picking up my road bike Friday. Would love to find some groups to pedal and swim with. Would like to do a HIM in 2015.

Thanks

Mike

2014-09-02 1:34 PM
in reply to: extrakt0r

User image

Aledo, Texas
Subject: RE: New to DFW/Flower Mound - training group
Mike,

Welcome to Texas! I moved here just about a year ago and, like you, have a runner's background. I picked up my bike from PlayTri (the Colleyville location). With that, I got a membership to its club. Each store has a different set of workouts - Colleyville's is almost exclusively running and weights, with a weekly ride on Saturday morning. Once a month, PlayTri does open water swims at Lake Lewisville. One year membership with the club is $200.

There are some other clubs. One, DFW Tri (I think) meets at Lake Grapevine for swims and rides. Not sure what the membership cost is. I went with PlayTri simply because it came with my bike purchase, and it's incredibly convenient to where I live.

Hope to see you out on the roads or in the water.

Steve
2014-09-23 2:45 PM
in reply to: #5043854

User image

I went to the dfw tri club's open water swim on Saturday. It was a 10 minute drive from flower mound and I had so much fun. It was a really great group of people. I think they have 1 more Saturday swim and you should try it! They also have a group bike ride afterwards so bring your gear.
2014-10-10 12:04 PM
in reply to: extrakt0r

Hi There,

I've been a member of Triple Threat Tough (formerly Texas Triple Threat) for 3-4 years. Great group to train with at various levels. They have group swims in the Colony (close to flower mount) 3X per week and a couple of group rides/runs. They also offer 1-1 training or more affordable group instructions in addition to the weekly training groups.

They provide a great "team" atmosphere and support when going to triathlon events. Check them out:

http://triplethreattough.com

Great group over there!

Chris

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » New to DFW/Flower Mound - training group Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Cycling in Flower Mound/Grapevine

Started by imsmiley88
Views: 1342 Posts: 2

2013-07-22 8:12 PM Stude

Biking in Flower Mound/Grapevine Area?

Started by imsmiley88
Views: 1815 Posts: 5

2011-01-30 3:50 PM rdub

Flower Mound Bike Loop?

Started by Nick14
Views: 1255 Posts: 2

2010-06-25 4:54 PM kproudfoot

Reverse Tri - Flower Mound - 12/2

Started by bworkman
Views: 723 Posts: 7

2007-11-30 9:24 AM dgillen

RunBiTri Triathlon - Flower Mound

Started by davidb
Views: 1019 Posts: 1

2007-01-26 10:29 PM davidb
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.

date : December 31, 2009
author : Ron
comments : 8
Where do I start? What equipment do I need? How do I train? This article will serve as your 'Where do I start?' guide with several triathlon training schedules included below.
date : December 27, 2008
author : Tri Swim Coach
comments : 5
Are you a new swimmer starting your triathlon training? Here are some top answers to member questions as you begin your triathlon swim training.

date : October 2, 2007
author : docgill
Is it possible for loners to work in a small group and still have plenty of time on their own? Training in small groups can give many benefits.
date : November 27, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
Tri clubs offer all of us, from beginner to advanced athlete, a venue in which we can realign our perspective of what “fast” and “far” are, pushing us to new and greater heights of performance.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!