General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike check in at Ironman events Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-27 12:17 PM

User image

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Subject: Bike check in at Ironman events
I am doing Ironman Princeton next month and will not be able to go there on Saturday. I plan to check-in on Friday, but I noticed that there is a mandatory bike check-in on Saturday. Does WTC allow you to have another registered participant check your bike in for you or do they allow race day check in by exception?

2014-08-27 12:20 PM
in reply to: dillrob

User image

Expert
Madison, Wisconsin
Subject: RE: Bike check in at Ironman events
Originally posted by dillrob

I am doing Ironman Princeton next month and will not be able to go there on Saturday. I plan to check-in on Friday, but I noticed that there is a mandatory bike check-in on Saturday. Does WTC allow you to have another registered participant check your bike in for you or do they allow race day check in by exception?

Email them now and explain your case. You most likely won't be able to pick up your stuff race day, but they usually on deserving circumstances allow for others to check your bike in. Going in knowing that they do this to have participants stay an extra night in the area to drive up revenue so you need to have a very valid reason to why you cannot be there on Saturday.
2014-08-27 1:32 PM
in reply to: bcagle25

Veteran
you need a blue arm band to get the bike into the transition area - i.e. must be an athlete. easiest thing would be to have someone else racing check the bike in for you. nobody is counting how many bikes one athlete brings in. absent that, have someone give it to the volunteer guarding entrance to the transition area and ask them to rack it.
2014-08-27 2:40 PM
in reply to: sheesleeva

User image

Downingtown, Pennsylvania
Thanks.

I emailed the event staff and am awaiting a reply. Not sure what counts as a good excuse but it's parent's weekend at my son's school so I'd at least like to be there for Saturday. Worse case it sounds like I can have someone else bring it for me.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike check in at Ironman events Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

ironman branded swag at half ironman events

Started by BuckHamilton
Views: 2438 Posts: 8

2013-10-02 11:08 AM badmo77a

Iron/Half Iron distance vs. Ironman event

Started by Climbinggonzo
Views: 2029 Posts: 16

2011-04-26 4:38 PM KeriKadi

NEW Ironman Event in Canada and Questions

Started by irondog
Views: 928 Posts: 5

2008-07-30 8:36 AM tripastor

New ironman event in Kentucky? Pages: 1 2

Started by huskyboy
Views: 1496 Posts: 27

2006-10-04 2:20 PM shadowfax

PowerBar signs on as sponsor of Ironman North America events

Started by PGoldberger
Views: 1201 Posts: 6

2005-01-28 3:00 PM scuba-punk
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 17, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
During the race there will be plenty of opportunities to exchange bottles, so I'm thinking about going with the aero bottle and Gatorade bottle and fill up as necessary. What should I do?

date : June 4, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 2
Don't know how to setup your triathlon transition area? We cover everything from wetsuit tips, bike check, nutrition, shoes, equipment placement to actual race day execution.
date : May 1, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 1
Topics include Ironman training, nutrition, focus weeks, balance, running form, SPL, powermeter, coaching and minimal training time for events.

date : November 27, 2005
author : acbadger
comments : 2
Know that base training is not a component of training that is going to necessarily make you faster, but it will make you stronger and give you more endurance to last through the longer races.
date : January 24, 2005
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 0
Your training schedule should be based completely on the hours you have available to train, not necessarily on the number of hours you "need" to train.