General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriRock Lake Geneva Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-28 12:57 PM

User image

, Illinois
Subject: TriRock Lake Geneva
I'm trying to set some overall and event time goals for myself and noticed that the T1 times from last year seem pretty high. Is there a long run to the transition area from the swim? Is there anything else out of the ordinary about the race. I read a report that the run is pretty hilly.

2014-08-29 2:38 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Regular
Wisconsin
Subject: RE: TriRock Lake Geneva
Did it last year. (Olympic)

The swim is the clearest water I have ever swam in. I could see swimmers a long way away in perfect detail. The buoys had the elapsed distance noted on each one, which is nice.

Once you exit the water, you have to run up the shore, go down a bit, cross the street, and locate your stuff, so it is a fair distance.

The bike course was really bumpy and limited to single file at some points in town, but nothing more than slightly rolling hills, no big climbs.

The run has a big hill shortly after transition, but other than that, it was mostly flat.

Edited by Swimbikeron 2014-08-29 2:40 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » TriRock Lake Geneva Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

TriRock Lake Geneva

Started by Six13
Views: 1635 Posts: 8

2013-09-16 9:43 AM Swimbikeron

Lake Geneva BT gathering Pages: 1 2

Started by maggyruth
Views: 1755 Posts: 30

2007-02-02 7:13 AM TriDDS

Lake Geneva Triathlon - Half Iron Distance

Started by SwmBkRn
Views: 2421 Posts: 8

2006-09-08 1:26 PM SwmBkRn

Lake Geneva

Started by jszat
Views: 799 Posts: 5

2006-08-20 9:39 PM TriDDS

Lake Geneva Triathlon

Started by Avshin
Views: 4065 Posts: 8

2006-09-01 10:25 AM finp
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 5, 2010
author : CavalloHJ
comments : 5
I found a sprint, the Lake Las Vegas Triathlon, that was happening four months down the road and signed myself up; much to the surprise of friends and family.

date : September 26, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 2
New products from Prologo, Lake, Avia, Orbea, Ceepo, Jamis, Zipp, Profile, Scott and Specialized.
date : July 12, 2009
author : FitWerx
I have Bontrager Race Lite wheels. I was looking into renting Zipp 303's or 404's for race day for Ironman Lake Placid. What time will I save?

date : September 24, 2008
author : Amy Kuitse
comments : 0
I am running Boston in April and Ironman Lake Placid is in July. I have been told that it is ambitious to think about doing an IM so close to a marathon due to the recovery time. Any suggestions?
date : August 10, 2007
author : Terese Luikens
The first time I ventured into the deep murky green lake and could not see the bottom my muscles tensed and my imagined fears surfaced. What exactly lies beneath?

date : January 7, 2007
author : Writebrained
Both the Lake Triathlon Shoe CX210TRI and the Lake Road Shoe CX225 offer distinct advantages. I tested both shoes and found them to be extremely comfortable, good looking and durable.
date : December 31, 2006
author : TriSquirrel
A description of my experiences during my first triathlon. It was a great experience. I’m in better shape than I’ve ever been.

date : July 30, 2006
author : mhan22
If you are calm while everyone around you is losing it, you probably don’t know what the hell is going on.