General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help with Fenix 2 and HR zones/training please Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-08-30 3:49 AM

Subject: Help with Fenix 2 and HR zones/training please
Ok so I have been working our for as long as I can remember. I work out 5-7 days a week usually with 1-3 work outs a day. I am not much into analyzing my work outs and as I get older I am wanting to train smarter rather than my usual just gut it out routine. I have completed multi day adventure races, 3 iron mans, and numerous sprint events. I am in the military and running and swimming is part of my normal routine. I recently bought a Garmin Fenix 2 in an attempt to better track my progress. Here are my questions.

1. How do I set it to alert me when I leave or am not in the right HR zone. Today I went for a run and was supposed to be in HRZ 2 for 35 minutes. My average zone was a 3.9. It will alert me at the beginning saying HR zone changed but other than that nothing. I cant seem to figure the darn thing out.

2. I got a Half Marathon training plan fr0m Garmin connect. It called for my first run to be a 35 minute run in Zone 2 which is a max of 122BPM. I can barely walk and keep my heart rate that low. I recently ran a half and averaged a 8.35 mile. Am I really supposed to run that slow or is this plan not for me?

Thanks for all the help and stay safe

Adam

2014-08-30 1:19 PM
in reply to: tryingtotri0321

User image

Haymarket, VA
Subject: RE: Help with Fenix 2 and HR zones/training please

You should run the HR test that is integrated in the Fenix 2 in order to set your zones.  The plan as it comes from GC just has general zone settings.  Once you have yours set you can manually change the plan to account for your personal zones.

For setting the alerts, if you look on page 11/12 of the manual it tells you how to set specific alerts as you're describing.

http://static.garmincdn.com/pumac//fenix_2_OM_EN.pdf

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Help with Fenix 2 and HR zones/training please Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

HR Zone training help.

Started by joestop74
Views: 1099 Posts: 8

2013-02-26 10:38 AM dmiller5

HR zone training test...a little worried about HR

Started by bigpaps
Views: 1136 Posts: 9

2012-03-26 4:51 PM Kido

so frustrated with HR training, help please! Pages: 1 2

Started by kc_racer
Views: 3279 Posts: 42

2010-09-18 5:11 PM tjfry

determining max HR and aerobic zone training..HELP

Started by bmalik
Views: 978 Posts: 3

2010-01-27 7:33 PM AdventureBear

Help with HR Zones after TT

Started by yojimbo
Views: 783 Posts: 6

2005-09-01 10:06 PM mikericci
RELATED ARTICLES
date : September 6, 2011
author : mikericci
comments : 4
Triathlon Coach explains Zone 1 and Zone 2 training and the benefits of each training zone

date : September 3, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Questions on training plan sport ratios, staying in HR zones, my HIM run suffers, training for a hot race, tri or road bike for a HIM and the length for a run focused training block.
date : April 17, 2008
comments : 1
This program is a beginner plan to bridge you from an a Half Ironman to Ironman using a HRM with the confidence that you can complete the race without difficulty.

date : April 12, 2007
comments : 4
Warmup tips. Swim, bike and run pacing and heart-rate zones to be in by mileage.
date : March 7, 2007
author : Tri Swim Coach
Discussions on hand entry, common triathlete training mistakes, the best swim drills, useful swim tools and flip turn help.

date : November 7, 2006
Training our bodies to work efficiently in Zone 2 will help us keep our HR and pace even throughout an Ironman. This theory would hold true for the bike and run portion of an Ironman race.
date : June 4, 2006
comments : 8
Training plan terms and definitions for use in silver and gold member plan workouts. Many workout drills include VIDEO tutorials, see links below.

date : September 10, 2004
author : Ron
comments : 2
Your help is needed to keep BT the best of the best.