General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Very heavy first race... Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-03 10:49 AM

Subject: Very heavy first race...
hi guys,

I just did my first triathlon in Norway. Incredible, I found it really tough. I did an extreme one, the Aurland Xtreme Triathlon. You can read my race report here http://www.iamintosports.com/blog/2014/8/20/my-first-triathlon-expe...
But now Im ready for more of this stuff
I started a triathlon website www.iamintosports.com. Looking forward to your guys feedback!

Have a wonderful day.

Best Rogier

2014-09-03 7:39 PM
in reply to: vanduyn

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: Very heavy first race...
Hi Rogier,

Wow, hard core race, beautiful scenery. I would love to do that race, except for that water sounded super freezing cold. Nice work to be first in the pack of swimmers in that picture, hahah!

Great race report. My only feedback about the page is that it took me a bit of time to figure out to scroll down past the picture and video to see the story.

Good luck in your adventures!!
Carol

2014-09-04 2:27 PM
in reply to: vanduyn

User image

Expert
lake forest, California

Awesome race!! Cool race report also- Welcome to BT

2014-09-04 6:34 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Awesome page and epic scenery. Early part of that video gets the blood pump'n
Explain your repeated intake of paracetemol - acetominophen correct? I haven't done anything of that much of time & distance (1-2hr right now) and obviously inflammation is a battle, which is why I assume you take repeated doses. Not so sure how that much would agree with me throughout. I am much more of an herb guy.
Carbonated Coke mid race amazes me also, I think I'd have puked with the carbonation.
Great accomplishment in a great location!

Edited by TJHammer 2014-09-04 6:40 PM
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Very heavy first race... Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

6 months of training down - First race Sunday!

Started by witteb
Views: 685 Posts: 11

2006-05-23 8:24 PM digdeep

My First Race was great!!

Started by janaleigh79
Views: 606 Posts: 8

2006-04-10 6:17 PM am6ja4

First Race!

Started by PollyC
Views: 496 Posts: 4

2005-11-15 2:08 PM watergirl

WNY / Buffalo area - finished first race

Started by esnagel
Views: 671 Posts: 2

2005-06-21 9:05 AM COgirl

First prep race for next year's tri in London

Started by Marko
Views: 657 Posts: 4

2004-08-04 2:26 PM usarocks
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 13, 2014
author : Enduropacks.com
comments : 4
I drink during my runs but I am a profuse sweater and it seems like I just can't keep up with my fluid needs. Would it be helpful to switch to an electrolyte drink for my fluid needs?

date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?
date : September 25, 2007
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Are you a heavy sweater? Do you finish a race covered in white-streaks? Do you cramp during a race? Than this article is for you.

date : June 11, 2007
author : MegL
comments : 2
So someone convinced you to get off the couch and truck-it to the finish line. Now what? Here's a look at the process from admiring others to inspiring others.
date : January 3, 2007
author : acbadger
comments : 8
I’m not going to sugar coat my experience and tell you that it was a piece of cake, but I am going to attempt to give you some advice and useful information that I wish I had before participating.

date : July 2, 2006
author : susietri
comments : 6
Race report for my first sprint triathlon in which I tell the tale of panic and redemption.
date : June 14, 2005
author : docgill
comments : 10
One year ago I was 90 pounds heavier and dreaming of being able to walk without a wobble. I never considered doing a triathlon.

date : April 24, 2005
author : mikericci
comments : 0
If you feel your base work is adequate, then here are five areas I would recommend you can work on before your first race.