General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Escape to Miami - Sprint Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-09-28 2:53 AM
in reply to: PsyTri

User image

Katy, Texas
Subject: RE: Escape to Miami - Sprint Course : Official Thread
Originally posted by PsyTri

I don't even know what to say. A half hour before I was to pack up to leave for check-in, I was doing some last-minute transition practices on my bike, with flying mount and dismount. On my last rep, I wrecked my bike, and injured my foot. It's too bruised and swollen to run on, so I didn't bother going down to check in. I won't be racing tomorrow, but I wish you the best of luck.

Wow, that REALLY stinks. I was doing the exact same thing yesterday. A lot of it just comes down to luck. Keep your head up and be stronger for it. At least there's always a tri down here throughout the year for when you recover.

2014-09-29 8:15 AM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Thanks. How was the race for you all? Any links to RR's so I can live vicariously through you would be appreciated! Hope you all had a great time.
2014-09-29 9:02 AM

User image

Katy, Texas

Thanks. How was the race for you all? Any links to RR's so I can live vicariously through you would be appreciated! Hope you all had a great time.

The race was good and bad and ugly for me. See the link below for details from the other forum where I posted. All the distances were measured long, so the bike was almost 26 miles and the swim was a couple 100 meters long as well. The run was pretty close at about 6.4. It was HOT. The entire run was on the bridge with no shade and very few water stations. I bonked pretty hard on the run but still ended at 2:42 for the race so given that it was long, I'll take it for an Oly. The transition area was gigantic and transition times were slow. It was an overall great experience and I will definitely do it again next year, I'll just be more prepared for the heat...and have a decent bike. But I was mixing it up with the college kids and seeded folks during the swim!!

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...
2014-09-29 9:52 AM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Read it and checked out your splits on the official site. Nice work! Solid swim and run, given the heat. The bike will definitely make a difference. 18+ mph on the bike you described is not too shabby! Do the math. Bumping up to 21 mph drops your time on this course by roughly 10 min. That would move you to the FOP! Very solid performance and welcome to the club!
2014-09-29 10:50 AM

User image

Katy, Texas

Read it and checked out your splits on the official site. Nice work! Solid swim and run, given the heat. The bike will definitely make a difference. 18+ mph on the bike you described is not too shabby! Do the math. Bumping up to 21 mph drops your time on this course by roughly 10 min. That would move you to the FOP! Very solid performance and welcome to the club!

Thanks!! I felt awesome until the last two miles when everything went downhill quick. I'm looking forward to the cool winter.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Escape to Miami - Sprint Course : Official Thread Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Treasure Coast Challenge - Sprint Course : Official Thread

Started by PsyTri
Views: 1144 Posts: 1

2013-10-18 2:06 PM PsyTri

HITS Triathlon Series: Naples - Sprint Course : Official Thread

Started by Pablo01
Views: 1665 Posts: 4

2012-01-06 12:45 PM TrkHilo2k

FIT - Florida International Triathlon: Sprint Course : Official Thread

Started by cwpeters
Views: 2354 Posts: 13

2011-05-13 6:14 PM RedCorvette

Escape From Fort Desoto : Official Thread

Started by cwpeters
Views: 2084 Posts: 7

2011-04-15 1:11 PM ajusf16

Mack Cycle Tri Miami - Sprint : Official Thread Pages: 1 2

Started by alexcall
Views: 4433 Posts: 37

2009-05-07 8:44 PM Socks
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 5, 2008
author : Team BT
comments : 0
Complete course preview of the North East triathlon on 8/17/2008 featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!

date : January 1, 2008
comments : 0
Complete course preview of the Philadelphia Women's Only Triathlon in Pennsylvania featuring a Sprint and a Duathlon race. Mark your calendars!
date : December 3, 2007
comments : 1
Complete course preview of the New Jersey State triathlon featuring a Sprint and a Olympic distance race. Mark your calendars!

date : November 22, 2007
Complete course preview of the Black Bear triathlon in Pennsylvania featuring a Sprint and a 1/2 Ironman distance race. Mark your calendars!
date : October 4, 2007
author : AdamA
comments : 4
I was passing others who were saying, "Good job, 587" (that was my race number). People were cheering me on. These were the nicest people I have ever been around!

date : June 4, 2006
author : Rich Strauss
comments : 2
I was not an official; I simply observed the race and the officials doing their thing. Here is what I saw:
date : August 29, 2004
author : Ron
Program outline of the 16 and 20 week sprint triathlon training plan overviews.