Other Resources My Cup of Joe » RIP Joan Rivers Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-04 6:30 PM

User image

Elite
Subject: RIP Joan Rivers
I've gotta say I didn't know this woman personally, but I wish I had. She was absolutely hysterical.
My wife and I have a list of folks we'd love to have over for dinner. Joan was on that list.
She ripped on EVERYBODY! Even herself.
If it wasn't for Joan Rivers there'd be no Roseanne, no Ellen D. She broke down gender barriers in comedy.
The world lost a legend today.

p.s. right now, she's gotta be in heaven doing a routine on how upset she is that she died before she could rip on the moronic Hollywood hussies taking dirty pics on their phones. Talk about a missed opportunity!

RIP Joan, you were loved.

Edited by ChineseDemocracy 2014-09-04 6:33 PM

2014-09-05 6:05 AM
in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

New user
Key West
Subject: RE: RIP Joan Rivers
I have to say that I didn't always like her sense of humor and what seemed (to me) mean spirited jokes. That isn't to say that she didn't often make me laugh and she was, for sure, a trailblazer. She wasn't afraid to go out there and work her hardest and give it a shot and she did overcome a lot to get to where she ended up. So good full life lived and my thoughts are with her daughter and grandson. RIP Joan indeed.
2014-09-05 3:52 PM
in reply to: topolina

User image

Elite
Originally posted by topolina

I have to say that I didn't always like her sense of humor and what seemed (to me) mean spirited jokes. That isn't to say that she didn't often make me laugh and she was, for sure, a trailblazer. She wasn't afraid to go out there and work her hardest and give it a shot and she did overcome a lot to get to where she ended up. So good full life lived and my thoughts are with her daughter and grandson. RIP Joan indeed.

Yeah, comedy's a tough one. It seems there's a fine line between offensive and unoffensive. I'm just glad there are folks out there like Joan willing to push the envelope. Joan was the type though, that after a major diss, she'd be willing to sit down, laugh it up, absorb some barbs, and hug.
She ripped on everybody...and most importantly, herself.

I've also gotta hand it to Melissa (her daughter) for being brave enough to take Joan off life support. That takes some brass ones. From everything I've heard, it sounds exactly like what Joan would have wanted (short of a full or close to full recovery of course, which didn't seem to be in the cards).

81, full of pee and vinegar, physically active, sharp as a tack, and still open-minded in her older years! Talk about a life lived well. RIP Joan.

2014-09-05 5:46 PM

User image

Pro
Bellingham, WA

Wow, first Robin, now Joan.  I personally loved both of them and if channel surfing would always stop if I saw either of them.  Huge legends that entertained and touched generations of lives.  She will be greatly missed.

2014-09-06 9:41 AM
in reply to: popsracer

User image

Bronze member

Originally posted by popsracer

Wow, first Robin, now Joan.  I personally loved both of them and if channel surfing would always stop if I saw either of them.  Huge legends that entertained and touched generations of lives.  She will be greatly missed.

Agree. I watched Fashion Police on E! all the time.

Rest In Peace.

And pulling the plug - so hard. Sat with my Mom this January preparing to make the same decision for my Dad. I can't imagine doing it alone. I really feel for Melissa. Can't imagine one of them without the other .

2014-09-06 12:01 PM

New user
Key West
Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy

Originally posted by topolina

Yeah, comedy's a tough one. It seems there's a fine line between offensive and unoffensive. I'm just glad there are folks out there like Joan willing to push the envelope. Joan was the type though, that after a major diss, she'd be willing to sit down, laugh it up, absorb some barbs, and hug.
She ripped on everybody...and most importantly, herself.

I've also gotta hand it to Melissa (her daughter) for being brave enough to take Joan off life support. That takes some brass ones. From everything I've heard, it sounds exactly like what Joan would have wanted (short of a full or close to full recovery of course, which didn't seem to be in the cards).

81, full of pee and vinegar, physically active, sharp as a tack, and still open-minded in her older years! Talk about a life lived well. RIP Joan.

Having had to make that tough decision for my only child, I know how soul wrenching it is. Ten years later and I still struggle with that moment. The truth is though in his case, as with Joan's, there was no other real choice that would have changed the ultimate outcome. Devastating though.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » RIP Joan Rivers Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Shameless bragging : to run with Joan Benoit Samuelson

Started by condorman
Views: 852 Posts: 8

2008-06-24 10:41 AM 1stTimeTri

Darrent Williams RIP

Started by Z-dog
Views: 479 Posts: 3

2007-01-02 10:17 AM running2far

CBGB OMFUG RIP

Started by run4yrlif
Views: 736 Posts: 10

2006-10-16 4:15 PM Z-dog

Clinton rips... Pages: 1 ... 2 3 4 5

Started by Opus
Views: 3420 Posts: 105

2006-10-06 8:10 AM run4yrlif

Man of Honor RIP

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 452 Posts: 1

2006-07-26 9:44 AM BellinghamSpence
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 5, 2008
author : Coach AJ
comments : 0
Discussions on river swims, speedsuits, road bike at IMKY, FOP IM pointers, saddle positioning, run8/walk2 method, treadmill to outside running, heelstriking and HRM on race day.