United States
44F / 7C
Sunny
Total Time = 3h 41m 6s
Overall Rank = 113/148
Age Group = 50-59
Age Group Rank = 14/16
Pre-race routine:

woke up at 5:!5 drank some coffee and ate big bowl of oatmeal, then drove up to Marble with Michelle and Linda
Run
  • 3h 41m 6s
  • 25 kms
  • 08m 50s  min/km
Comments:

Starting out, I ran for the first 10 minutes and then the relentless uphill started. You gain around 3000' in the first 5.5 miles of this race, and then you starat the 11 mile decent. There was very little after the first mile that I could run, it was just so steep. After we topped out, it took a couple of miles before I found my "downhill" legs, and I battled a stitch for probably the first 4 miles of the decent. By the time the stitch went away, I was in the technical portion of the race, and it was really slow going. Lots of loose rock, combined with big rocks sticking up out of the trail, had to be really careful. Not sure how the "fast people negotiate this part quickly? I ran most of the downhill, had to walk any of the up hill once I was on the decent, but was able to finish running into town to the finish. After I finished my race, I grabbed a couple of bananas, and then started hiking back up the trail to find Linda, and ran the last 1.5 miles back into town with her, so I ended up with over 18 miles on the day, my longest day ever!
What would you do differently?:

I was severly under trained for this type of race. I had been putting in lots of long miles, but not much uphill training and nothing at altitude. I feel pretty good for the type of training I put in.
Post race
Warm down:

After I finished my race, I grabbed a couple of bananas, and then started hiking back up the trail to find Linda, and ran the last 1.5 miles back into town with her, so I ended up with over 18 miles on the day, my longest day ever

What limited your ability to perform faster:

Lack of uphill training.

Event comments:

This was a nice little race, and I would definitely do it again!

Last updated: 2014-09-15 12:00 AM
Running
03:41:06 | 25 kms | 08m 50s  min/km
Age Group: 0/16
Overall: 0/148
Performance: Good
Course: 4 wheel drive road through the Lead King Basin and past the Crystal Mill outside of Marble. Loop course 3500' of elevation gain topping out at 10,800'.
Keeping cool Good Drinking Just right
Post race
Weight change: %
Overall:
Mental exertion [1-5] 3
Physical exertion [1-5]
Good race? No
Evaluation
Course challenge Just right
Organized? Yes
Events on-time? Yes
Lots of volunteers? Yes
Plenty of drinks? Yes
Post race activities: Good
Race evaluation [1-5] 4

{postbutton}
2014-09-15 9:44 AM

User image

New user
Subject: Lead King Loop
General Discussion-> Race Reports!
{postbutton}
General Discussion Race Reports! » Lead King Loop Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Loop de Loop

Started by linfieldpt
Views: 677 Posts: 1

2011-04-03 2:15 PM linfieldpt

Fit 2 Lead 5K

Started by kvesey
Views: 780 Posts: 2

2007-10-29 8:19 AM spokes

King's Trail Triathlon

Started by Flyboy
Views: 1246 Posts: 9

2005-06-22 9:58 PM ropkins

King of the Hills Offroad Triathlon

Started by Christ
Views: 788 Posts: 1

2005-05-24 4:40 PM Christ

Xterra-King of the Hill Triathlon

Started by jmf-tt
Views: 1171 Posts: 7

2005-05-25 11:40 AM JTee
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 12, 2004
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 0
As an athlete who shows responsibility by training hard, you'll miss the boat if you are irresponsible with fueling your hard worked body.