in reply to: dmiller5

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania
Subject: RE: Lets talk about meat

Originally posted by dmiller5

Originally posted by Left Brain

Vegan (mostly). I eat meat around once a month, and its usually at a restaurant.

Meat is bad for you, eat more bananas

You've seen my crew eat.....try telling them they are only getting fruits and vegetables (which they enjoy also).....there will be no peace at the table.

give griff 10 bananas and I bet he's full

And the kid wouldn't be as fast, either.  

(I'm not slamming vegetarian diets, just pointing out that the macronutrients need to come from somewhere.  Replace "bananas" with "quinoa" in both your posts, then Griff would be full and STILL smokin' fast.)

2014-09-25 7:41 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Pro

Originally posted by TriMyBest

Vegan (mostly). I eat meat around once a month, and its usually at a restaurant.

You've seen my crew eat.....try telling them they are only getting fruits and vegetables (which they enjoy also).....there will be no peace at the table.

(I'm not slamming vegetarian diets, just pointing out that the macronutrients need to come from somewhere.  Replace "bananas" with "quinoa" in both your posts, then Griff would be full and STILL smokin' fast.)

He gets quinoa about once a week....his mother is from California, she cooks all kinds of crap I can't spell or pronounce..

Edited by Left Brain 2014-09-25 7:44 PM
2014-09-25 8:28 PM
in reply to: Left Brain

User image

Pro
Camp Hill, Pennsylvania

Originally posted by TriMyBest

He gets quinoa about once a week....his mother is from California, she cooks all kinds of crap I can't spell or pronounce..

That's funny!!  

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Lets talk about meat Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

MORE MEAT MEAT MEAT.... Pages: 1 2

Started by sgoehner
Views: 721 Posts: 26

2007-11-25 4:15 PM ditchdoc

MEAT MEAT and more MEAT! Pages: 1 2 3 4

Started by tupuppy
Views: 2135 Posts: 80

2007-11-17 2:38 AM Colomingle

Let's talk about cooking in a wok... Pages: 1 2

Started by phoenixazul
Views: 1628 Posts: 39

2006-07-14 4:16 PM Zilla

Let's talk about something...

Started by courtney_leone
Views: 1041 Posts: 25

2006-01-10 6:45 PM courtney_leone

Lets talk about Runnergirl Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 9

Started by Comet
Views: 5285 Posts: 203

2005-10-21 12:11 PM tritocatchme
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 11, 2014
author : Scott Tinley
comments : 1
Why it’s so hard for us to talk about losing at a simple game? Sports are supposed to be about building positive character, supposed to be about fairness, equality, and striving for excellence.

date : August 10, 2010
author : EndurancePlanet
comments : 0
This month we talk with AdventureBear, aka Coach Suzanne on her coaching philosophy, approach to gadgets, training plans, missed workouts and strength training.
date : November 4, 2008
author : mrakes1
comments : 0
Here is a great recipe to make a healthy pizza fit for a triathlete using thin crust, hummus, fresh vegetables, tomato sauce, lean meat and mozzarella cheese.

date : September 4, 2006
author : Nancy Clark
comments : 1
Athletes have a different biochemistry than unfit people. Athletes are unlikely to experience an insulin surge that leads to overeating and “getting fat” from enjoying a potato with dinner.
date : April 3, 2006
author : mrakes1
comments : 7
There are tons of great diets out there for people who eat meat, but I can’t find anything for vegetarians. I also find that when I eat healthy, I am hungry all the time.