2014-09-20 1:55 PM
in reply to: 3mar

User image

Hereford, England
Subject: RE: Sprint Tri Tactics
Originally posted by 3mar

Just listen to Pre...

Go hard or go home it is then!

Well I'll say that now after half a bottle of red. Hopefully I can actually do it next weekend!
2014-09-20 2:42 PM
in reply to: Eucid

User image

Pro

Practice your transitions.....it may be a stretch to say you can win a race there (although it certainly happens in fast fields) but you can absolutely separate yourself from the people who will never win.  Your transition area should have your bike shoes already on your pedals, and a pair of running shoes next to the bike.  Your bike should have your helmet, with your sunglasses stuck in it, on your bike bars......that's it!  Spend some time practicing your transitions while you wind your training down for the race this week.....you won't regret it.

2014-09-21 1:42 AM
in reply to: Left Brain

Originally posted by Left Brain

Practice your transitions.....it may be a stretch to say you can win a race there (although it certainly happens in fast fields) but you can absolutely separate yourself from the people who will never win.  Your transition area should have your bike shoes already on your pedals, and a pair of running shoes next to the bike.  Your bike should have your helmet, with your sunglasses stuck in it, on your bike bars......that's it!  Spend some time practicing your transitions while you wind your training down for the race this week.....you won't regret it.

Yeah I calculated I need to drop 7 minutes to podium, looked at my T1 and T2 times and they were almost double everyone else! So I'll work on that.
2014-09-21 5:19 PM
in reply to: zedzded

User image

Extreme Veteran
Langley, BC, 'Wet Coast' Canada
Originally posted by zedzded

Yeah I calculated I need to drop 7 minutes to podium, looked at my T1 and T2 times and they were almost double everyone else! So I'll work on that.

Calculated from what? Last year's results? Remember it is all about who shows up on race day, and we cannot control that.

Take as much great info from this thread as you can, incorporate it, execute to the best of your ability on race day, realize that sh*t can and will happen, and have FUN.
You may very well drop more than the seven minutes and still miss the podium.... But do the above, and, IMHO, the day can be a success.

Good luck, and have fun.
2014-09-21 9:15 PM
in reply to: 0

Originally posted by triosaurus

Originally posted by zedzded

Calculated from what? Last year's results? Remember it is all about who shows up on race day, and we cannot control that.

Take as much great info from this thread as you can, incorporate it, execute to the best of your ability on race day, realize that sh*t can and will happen, and have FUN.
You may very well drop more than the seven minutes and still miss the podium.... But do the above, and, IMHO, the day can be a success.

Good luck, and have fun.

Yeah I'm just guesstimating thats what I'll need to drop. It may get me a podium, it may not. But I'll be happy just to get a decent time, a podium will be a bonus. For me it's more about the time than a podium finish.

Edited by zedzded 2014-09-21 9:27 PM

2014-09-22 9:51 AM
in reply to: velocomp

User image

Not a Coach
Media, PA

Originally posted by velocomp

Pacing etc. doesn't really come into effect until Olympic and longer.  

Pacing comes into effect in any race beyond an all-out sprint.  Races as short as a few minutes involve pacing--you are just 'pacing' at a higher intensity level.  A "sprint" triathlon easily qualifies as a race requiring pacing.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Sprint Tri Tactics Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Duathlon tactics

Started by NiallD
Views: 1119 Posts: 4

2012-01-09 9:37 AM JZig

Tactics during a race Pages: 1 2 3

Started by d00d
Views: 3930 Posts: 67

2011-04-28 8:07 AM GODAWGS

Race tactics evaluated by relative rankings

Started by KimTri
Views: 1016 Posts: 7

2010-08-15 2:44 PM TriMyBest

Hill climb tactic question.

Started by greenmtnman
Views: 1449 Posts: 19

2010-07-08 5:54 AM gsmacleod

Hydration tactic in HIM Pages: 1 2

Started by carbonrx8
Views: 2192 Posts: 29

2010-04-27 2:35 PM tri808
RELATED ARTICLES
date : November 21, 2011
author : etra77
comments : 0
Aunt and Nephew do their first Sprint Triathlon together

date : July 28, 2009
author : Coach AJ
comments : 1
I'm doing the 22 week sprint tri program and the 2 mile bike ride it starts with is not very challenging. I see this as a opportunity to train the right way and challenge myself. Any ideas?
date : October 7, 2008
author : gczarski
This past spring I realized a few of us were heading in the wrong direction physically. We were getting together for poker games and kids’ birthdays, but that was it.

date : September 8, 2008
author : pjwalzphd
comments : 2
When I told my husband that I planned to work toward completing a sprint triathlon, he smiled and was supportive, but a bit disbelieving.
date : April 1, 2008
author : trvw
The challenge? The accomplishment? I want to do this because it is an opportunity to live life. The event is an indoor sprint triathlon. I get to experience the challenge on a safer scale.

date : December 19, 2006
author : Team BT
Tri Benbrook Sprint 2006 provided by JeepFleeb
date : January 30, 2006
author : acbadger
Should I have time goals for the first sprint? Should I just finish the race at a reasonable pace? I'm not sure how to approach this.

date : September 5, 2004
author : Team BT
During this past year, I’ve found that there are secrets “out there” - hidden fitness secrets and tips.