General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Run and bike gear in Bangkok? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-21 2:27 AM

User image

Master
Eugene, Oregon
Bronze member
Subject: Run and bike gear in Bangkok?
I know....I should post this on the SE Asia forum, but there hasn't been any action there for over three months, so thought I'd try here. I'm heading to Bangkok for a conference next week and in the market for some sports-related items (due to poor planning/packing in August). Ideally--some running shoes with really good drainage for training in rainy season (mine are all sponges), a light windproof/rainproof jacket for cycling, cycling knickers (for a possible bike tour in December that may get into some cooler climes), more electrolyte tablets (if I do the winter bike tour, I won't be hitting a developed country again until February, thus the need to stock up as I can't buy the tablets or powder locally).

I'll be staying at the Holiday Inn near the Intercontinental on Ploenchit. Not that familiar with Bangkok but on the map it looks like Amarin (sp?)Plaza is right across the street and the complex of malls at Siam Square not far down the road. (Plus Lumpini Park about 1 km away so maybe can squeeze in a run super early.) Won't have much time and also have some non-sports-related shopping to do, so this needs to be high-efficiency shopping. I can check online but would appreciate it if anyone knows of a good store(s) that reliably has western size stuff--I can probably fit a larger Thai size for clothes but wear women's size 10 shoes. I remember Bikezone from last time I went and think they would have the electrolyte tabs, but can't recall if there were any clothes there.

Edited by Hot Runner 2014-09-21 2:29 AM
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Run and bike gear in Bangkok? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

running funnies--keeping in step in Bangkok

Started by Hot Runner
Views: 740 Posts: 6

2012-04-02 9:51 AM cbire880

Sat-Sun: Bike-Run or Run-Bike

Started by morey000
Views: 1214 Posts: 13

2010-09-18 6:03 PM morey000

Bike weight vs Total weight (rider/bike/gear)

Started by Garceau
Views: 2016 Posts: 9

2010-03-28 1:57 PM TriMyBest

Run-Bike or Bike-Run ?

Started by MaverickNH
Views: 1576 Posts: 8

2010-02-21 8:48 AM AndrewMT

Run more = run faster, bike more = bike faster?

Started by trey800hj
Views: 2600 Posts: 10

2009-02-23 9:04 PM newbz
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 3
Third in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries

date : June 29, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 4
Second in a series of three articles about the basics, the niceties and the luxuries
date : April 12, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?

date : July 17, 2005
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 8
What to wear under the wetsuit? What to wear for the bike and the run? Good thing someone invented the wonderful trisuit, to which we’ve become accustomed. It’s supposed to make our lives so simple.
date : November 14, 2004
author : Glenn
I have seen cyclists go to a bike shop the day before a race expecting their problem to be fixed, only to be told the shop cannot complete the job in time.

date : October 31, 2004
author : chrisandniki
Getting fall discounts on triathlon equipment is more difficult than finding the Great Pumpkin, right? Well, I’m here to say it isn’t so. Deals for triathletes are plentiful - you just have to look.
date : October 17, 2004
author : chrisandniki
Fall's also the time to shop! In fact, now's the best time to retool some of your triathlon equipment for next year, right before the Christmas season begins to jack prices upward.

date : September 8, 2004
author : TriSports.com
comments : 3
Online triathlon superstore, created for triathletes, by triathletes. We carry the highest quality triathlon equipment, triathlon gear and triathlon apparel.