General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Any Suggestions on any triathlon related blogs or gear review sites? Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-22 5:13 AM

Subject: Any Suggestions on any triathlon related blogs or gear review sites?
Hello everyone,

finally joined the family,
are there sites or blogs that I can read about triathlon stuffs or like gear reviews?

thanks in advance!

2014-09-22 6:10 PM
in reply to: wuwuisaac

Subject: RE: Any Suggestions on any triathlon related blogs or gear review sites?
That's a loaded question and there can be an overwhelming amount of information out there.
But here is my input:

I've looked around quite a bit in my triathlon journey and what I've found supremely helpful are podcasts. I get to hear how questions are asked, if they are from male or female, and what background (intro, or advanced athlete/ sprint or iron-distance). And they usually have transcripts written of the episodes.

Check out this episode on bike gear, an interview with Seton Claggett of TriSports on Triathlon Research, really good interview and totally breaks it down on what you need to know, tells it to you straight and give you good time savers! Enter this to take you to the episode
(I shortened the URL)-> goo.gl/WjOu3a

All the episodes are packed with knowledge from Olympic trainers and the like. Since they are relatively new, I could foresee some of the episodes not being available as free content in the future. So, jump on it!

Or if you are looking for nutrition insight for the sport, this episode with Ari Meisel is great too. This link will take you there -> oo.gl/9e4Sb0

Happy podcasting!
2014-09-22 7:01 PM

User image

Subject: RE: Any Suggestions on any triathlon related blogs or gear review sites?
DC Rainmaker for gear reviews - http://www.dcrainmaker.com/
2014-09-22 8:19 PM
in reply to: 0

Edited by TreadandButter 2014-09-22 8:23 PM
2014-09-22 9:33 PM
in reply to: austhokie

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Originally posted by austhokie

DC Rainmaker for gear reviews - http://www.dcrainmaker.com/

I second vote for DC Rainmaker. I have no idea how that guy finds time to write such excellent reviews!
2014-09-22 9:53 PM
in reply to: TreadandButter

thanks so much, TreadandButter, wow,
the great thing about podcasts is that you can go anywhere with it,
during commute, sometimes you wanna have your eyes closed and just relax while still receiving some knowledge,
love the input, and very useful insight, thanks!!
I'll definitely give it a tri

2014-09-22 9:55 PM
in reply to: austhokie

Heard about Dcrainmaker too, austhokie
Is he the only that does gear reviews?
his reviews are solid especially on the GPS watches!!
are there any other sites like this?
for the same products I usually wanna get a second or third opinion, thanks!
2014-09-23 9:11 AM

User image

Originally posted by wuwuisaac

Heard about Dcrainmaker too, austhokie
Is he the only that does gear reviews?
his reviews are solid especially on the GPS watches!!
are there any other sites like this?
for the same products I usually wanna get a second or third opinion, thanks!

i'm sure there are probably others that do gear reviews - i'm just not familiar with them - he is my go-to website for that kind of stuff
New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » Any Suggestions on any triathlon related blogs or gear review sites? Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Fun blogs to follow

Started by clumsyrunner14
Views: 567 Posts: 2

2013-04-15 6:50 AM Burd

New to the site and to triathlon

Started by GetzC
Views: 627 Posts: 2

2010-06-23 9:18 AM AustinBuff

First Triathlon - Any suggestions

Started by scubatrevor1024
Views: 727 Posts: 2

2010-01-26 11:55 PM TriGuyBri

New to the site and to Triathlons

Started by jtyoung
Views: 620 Posts: 3

2008-03-06 3:21 PM Triboy77

New to the site and addicted to triathlons!!

Started by amyjohauge
Views: 890 Posts: 8

2007-10-09 9:56 PM sgoehner
RELATED ARTICLES
date : February 17, 2013
author : hoffsquared
comments : 0
I was pretty excited to test out a triathlon-specific gear bag. I'm on the lookout for something functional, comfortable, and maybe even a bit stylish.

date : September 10, 2007
author : DominiqueL
comments : 1
The folks at RSS weren’t happy with the 4.75, so they updated the backpack and sent me a new one. They have continued engineering this already fantastic bag to make it even better.
date : March 20, 2007
author : Iron MaYden
comments : 3
Provided one was proficient in setting up the different functions of the Lap Track, I think that a short-course triathlete would benefit most from this, since it only records splits up to 50 laps.

date : February 13, 2007
author : trixie
comments : 1
Can't run outside in the snow? Think again. I flew up the first hill with surprising ease and power. The Yaktrax gripped into the ice like racing spikes on a rubber track. Sweeeeet.
date : October 1, 2006
author : Ron
comments : 2
Triathletes are not invincible. Some of us like to think we are, but that is just not true. Anything can happen to us in open water. So why not make sure you are prepared for an emergency?

date : October 1, 2006
author : marmadaddy
After a while on my first longish ride, I noticed that I was getting numb. It’s scary. “Will feeling return?” is the first thing that comes to mind.
date : September 5, 2006
author : DominiqueL
comments : 12
When people think of hydration in the aero position, the first name that comes to mind is the Aerodrink from Profile Design. I was expecting a pretty quick and breezy review of this water bottle.

date : April 3, 2006
author : Writebrained
Imagine gliding on a fresh stick of butter just placed on a hot frying pan. Now imagine sliding along an isolated country road almost effortlessly. You’ve just imagined yourself on a Javelin Narni.