in reply to: ChineseDemocracy

User image

Sensei
Sin City
Subject: RE: Adrian Peterson

Originally posted by ChineseDemocracy
Originally posted by jmcconne
Originally posted by Kido

I'm fine with that.   Judge Adrian Peterson for HIS actions. 

I just think it's funny that half the OP was about how trashy the women were, as if they had something to do with AP beating his kid with a stick or being a dead beat dad.

I guess it doesn't really matter.  I don't like him for his actions and don't know the women.  If people want to blame them and their their career choice for AP's actions, I guess it doesn't impact me.  I tend to defend people on the internet for some reason.

We could also probably blame his upbringing, his southern upbringing, maybe his religion, parents, etc.  Let's blame them all as the bigger problem instead of the guy who hit a kid with a stick. 

You don't think that a woman that gets involved with a man that has fathered 5 other children from 5 other women is a bit sketchy? Maybe the first 2 women were saints, and were not aware of Adrian's character, but after that it is pretty safe to assume that they knowingly put themselves in a bad situation and then made at least one terrible decision. Is that enough to call them trashy, maybe not. But it isn't a huge leap to get there.
Thank you. My thoughts exactly.

Fine, they are "sketchy"...  So...  the connection to them and AP beating a kids is...  What?   Their "sketchy-ness or trashy-ness" is related how?  and that's the bigger problem than a adult beating a kid?

I guess I'm the minority in focusing on the guy beating kids, instead of the how trashy/sketchy his girlfriends are.

2014-09-25 9:51 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I just think it's funny that half the OP was about how trashy the women were, as if they had something to do with AP beating his kid with a stick or being a dead beat dad.

I guess it doesn't really matter.  I don't like him for his actions and don't know the women.  If people want to blame them and their their career choice for AP's actions, I guess it doesn't impact me.  I tend to defend people on the internet for some reason.

We could also probably blame his upbringing, his southern upbringing, maybe his religion, parents, etc.  Let's blame them all as the bigger problem instead of the guy who hit a kid with a stick. 

You don't think that a woman that gets involved with a man that has fathered 5 other children from 5 other women is a bit sketchy? Maybe the first 2 women were saints, and were not aware of Adrian's character, but after that it is pretty safe to assume that they knowingly put themselves in a bad situation and then made at least one terrible decision. Is that enough to call them trashy, maybe not. But it isn't a huge leap to get there.

Fine, they are "sketchy"...  So...  the connection to them and AP beating a kids is...  What?   Their "sketchy-ness or trashy-ness" is related how?  and that's the bigger problem than a adult beating a kid?

I guess I'm the minority in focusing on the guy beating kids, instead of the how trashy/sketchy his girlfriends are.

Ok, so you do not see any connection with his character, the choices he makes about sleeping around, responsibility for actions and the way he might raise his kids? and I use the phrase "raise" his kids loosely?

2014-09-25 10:22 AM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Originally posted by jford2309

Ok, so you do not see any connection with his character, the choices he makes about sleeping around, responsibility for actions and the way he might raise his kids? and I use the phrase "raise" his kids loosely?

Of course I do.  Do you think I'm obtuse?  But it's HIS character...  He fathered 6 kids with 6 different women and isn't around to take care of them and beats them when he is...  It doesn't matter if they were strippers or teachers - they are not part of the equation.  HE is the dead beat dad.

So...  let's talk about how trashy the women are as being the bigger problem...  Because they strip or are in playboy or have tattoos on their butts.

So they are trash...  What, we discard them?  Dispose of them?  They are worthless because of HIS lower moral standards and character?  Makes no sense to me.

I'm out...  This is pointless.  I guess I lose this one.  I'm going to condemn HIS character and not pile on some women what had nothing to do with HIS actions and call them trash and whatever.  I'm not saying I agree with their career choice, or choice in men...  But they didn't put the stick in AP's hand or make him use it on a 4 yr old.

I'm for blaming at the GUILTY.  AP is the one who is guilty.  The women are innocent of the beatings even if they are guilty of poor choices in men or careers so I just can't get on the bandwagon of calling women trash and saying that is the "bigger" problem in this whole thing.

So some NFL celeb beats a kid and we condemn the women and call them names...  what a world.

2014-09-25 10:54 AM
in reply to: Kido

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Of course I do.  Do you think I'm obtuse?  But it's HIS character...  He fathered 6 kids with 6 different women and isn't around to take care of them and beats them when he is...  It doesn't matter if they were strippers or teachers - they are not part of the equation.  HE is the dead beat dad.

So...  let's talk about how trashy the women are as being the bigger problem...  Because they strip or are in playboy or have tattoos on their butts.

So they are trash...  What, we discard them?  Dispose of them?  They are worthless because of HIS lower moral standards and character?  Makes no sense to me.

I'm out...  This is pointless.  I guess I lose this one.  I'm going to condemn HIS character and not pile on some women what had nothing to do with HIS actions and call them trash and whatever.  I'm not saying I agree with their career choice, or choice in men...  But they didn't put the stick in AP's hand or make him use it on a 4 yr old.

I'm for blaming at the GUILTY.  AP is the one who is guilty.  The women are innocent of the beatings even if they are guilty of poor choices in men or careers so I just can't get on the bandwagon of calling women trash and saying that is the "bigger" problem in this whole thing.

So some NFL celeb beats a kid and we condemn the women and call them names...  what a world.

Yeah, he is guilty of making bad decisions!

2014-09-25 10:55 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Sensei
Sin City

Edited by Kido 2014-09-25 10:56 AM
2014-09-25 2:37 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

And to this I say...why should the media cover it as you alluded to in your OP?  What difference does it make to us what other decisions (good or bad) AP has made in his life?  Do you think that the NFL should suspend players for having kids with multiple women?  If not...then what difference does it make to the media and how it applies to sports fans?

You can get on your high horse about AP all you want, but there are thousands of other men in his exact same situation that the media doesn't care about.  The reason AP gets attention is because his situation impacts the NFL...which people care about.  But if his other decisions in life aren't going to play a role in whether or not he comes back to the NFL, then I don't want to hear about it.  Save that crap for entertainment tonight, the national inquirer, etc.  I think most people are like me and watch the NFL because they like football...not because we want to follow the personal lives of people who are athletically gifted.

But whatever...everyone's entitled to their own opinion on what they want to see when they turn on the TV.

2014-09-25 2:49 PM
in reply to: Jason N

User image

Pro

Originally posted by Jason N

And to this I say...why should the media cover it as you alluded to in your OP?  What difference does it make to us what other decisions (good or bad) AP has made in his life?  Do you think that the NFL should suspend players for having kids with multiple women?  If not...then what difference does it make to the media and how it applies to sports fans?

You can get on your high horse about AP all you want, but there are thousands of other men in his exact same situation that the media doesn't care about.  The reason AP gets attention is because his situation impacts the NFL...which people care about.  But if his other decisions in life aren't going to play a role in whether or not he comes back to the NFL, then I don't want to hear about it.  Save that crap for entertainment tonight, the national inquirer, etc.  I think most people are like me and watch the NFL because they like football...not because we want to follow the personal lives of people who are athletically gifted.

But whatever...everyone's entitled to their own opinion on what they want to see when they turn on the TV.

Yep,  if you boycott every business or profession that has a member who abuses their spouse you will live a VERY lonely existence.  Still, I'm to the point where I'll just watch HS sports for my fix.......it's a good time.  I don't like TV anyway.

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Adrian Peterson Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Prayers go out to Adrian Peterson

Started by BellinghamSpence
Views: 1094 Posts: 6

2013-10-14 9:47 PM jford2309

Would you marry Drew Peterson?

Started by mr2tony
Views: 955 Posts: 13

2008-12-17 1:26 PM nmp
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 6, 2010
author : areyoux8
comments : 14
This is the story of a beginner triathlete's life altering conquest of his first Ironman.