General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New Rss Feed  
Moderators: IndoIronYanti, k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-23 10:03 AM

User image

Subject: New
Hello. I am totally new to triathlons. I am very over weight and I am using a triathlon as a way to get rid of this weight. I have a year to train and slim down. I am very excited and also very lost in what to expect! I have been reading several blogs and forums on here and have been learning a lot. It has been at least 20 years since I have done any swimming, so I am going to get into the pool in the next couple of months and see what I can do,I have never been a runner so that will be totally new to me, and I only rode a bike just for fun. So, every once in a while I get this thought of "Am I totally crazy for wanting to do this?!!!" I do have a good friend that will be doing this journey with me, and she too is new to triathlons. We will be doing a sprint tri in September 2015. So, needless to say that any and all advice will be welcomed.

2014-09-23 8:26 PM
in reply to: macy1

User image

Master
Chapel Hill, NC
Subject: RE: New
Originally posted by macy1

Hello. I am totally new to triathlons. I am very over weight and I am using a triathlon as a way to get rid of this weight. I have a year to train and slim down. I am very excited and also very lost in what to expect! I have been reading several blogs and forums on here and have been learning a lot. It has been at least 20 years since I have done any swimming, so I am going to get into the pool in the next couple of months and see what I can do,I have never been a runner so that will be totally new to me, and I only rode a bike just for fun. So, every once in a while I get this thought of "Am I totally crazy for wanting to do this?!!!" I do have a good friend that will be doing this journey with me, and she too is new to triathlons. We will be doing a sprint tri in September 2015. So, needless to say that any and all advice will be welcomed.

You are not crazy. You can definitely do this!!!!! Your goal is perfect, too! Welcome to this site and this crazy sport, you will love it!

Happy training!
2014-10-02 2:28 PM
in reply to: macy1

User image

, North Carolina
Subject: RE: New
Triathlon is a great way to meet your goals.

I'd recommend a 5k some where in the May/June time frame so that you have a short(er) term goal. If you have a solid swimming background like HS swim, then you'll probably be able to pick that back up pretty quickly. That's a huge feather in your cap.

Good luck with your training and keep up the hard to meet your goals!

New Thread
General Discussion Introduce Yourself!!! » New Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

New member, new location in New York

Started by finderal
Views: 1389 Posts: 10

2012-02-08 10:04 PM Dlyon

New New New!

Started by NoodlyGoodness
Views: 1082 Posts: 3

2009-11-04 8:29 PM LonghornBuckeye

New Triathlete, New City: New Concord, OH

Started by stupidnickname
Views: 1492 Posts: 7

2005-07-15 9:22 AM stupidnickname

NEW NEW NEW

Started by E-Bell
Views: 1138 Posts: 8

2004-11-02 4:04 PM trixie

New as new can get

Started by tac
Views: 1461 Posts: 11

2004-01-22 7:33 PM gr8brindle
RELATED ARTICLES
date : December 31, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 2
For most people, there is a story in how they came to the sport as beginners. Some of the most inspiring of those beginner tales begin with health scares.

date : January 1, 2011
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
Here are five steps to ensure that you keep your promise to yourself to get you to that first triathlon.
date : November 14, 2004
author : Akuma
I am 28 now, hardly an old crony, but life in busy Sydney Australia has meant my belly is softer than the excuses I use to convince myself I am in good shape.

date : September 4, 2004
author : anchorage84
New Years Resolutions that Last - How to make them and keep them
author : anchorage84
It’s just so discouraging to know that within a few more weeks those New Years’ Resolutionists are going to quietly disappear.

author : Daniel Clout
Stay focused on your dreams and stand up for your rights!
My expectations for the quality of this years’ Triathlon world championship were fulfilled. This was because of the superb location that is like no other along with having the top triathletes present.

There is a marvelous destiny out there waiting for you too, but only if you are willing to take chances and put yourself on the line.