Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 8

2014-11-11 9:05 AM
in reply to: ceilidh

User image

Champion
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Christmas Count Down/Drop Down

I am avoiding the scale for a week or so. Speaking of fluctuating weights, it happens once a month... still. Kinda sucks but I know it is just temporary (sorry for TMI).

2014-11-11 3:40 PM

User image

Originally posted by ceilidh

Originally posted by Jcdyess
Originally posted by peto_primo Well the bad news 221.8 this morning up some. But I did go run today for the first real activity in a while. Ran a 5k Vet's Appreciation run with my daughter - she PR'd it in 29:05 Yeah AJ. Hopefully now I can get something started through the end of the year.
I am about to start an offseason plan. Can't decide which one though. Either the 8 week run focus or one of the 10 workouts per week plans.

Did you figure out which one you want?

I decided on the beginner sprint 12wk plan. I think it's more in line with my fitness level at the moment. The others were a bit beyond me right now. Started yesterday.
2014-11-11 3:43 PM

User image

I am avoiding the scale for a week or so. Speaking of fluctuating weights, it happens once a month... still. Kinda sucks but I know it is just temporary (sorry for TMI).

I pick one day a week to weigh in. Usually Monday or Tuesday. Not too much TMI. I experience it once a month as well, but mines due to beer consumption. Lol
2014-11-11 8:03 PM
in reply to: Jcdyess

User image

Champion
Bronze member

I pick one day a week to weigh in. Usually Monday or Tuesday. Not too much TMI. I experience it once a month as well, but mines due to beer consumption. Lol

I am trying to weigh in on Monday and Friday. But I skipped yesterday. Add into the equation the wine I had last night......

2014-11-11 8:20 PM

User image

I am trying to weigh in on Monday and Friday. But I skipped yesterday. Add into the equation the wine I had last night......

Lol. Yeah, the 2 scotch ales that I had Sunday night didn't help either..
2014-11-12 7:04 AM

User image

Veteran
Kennebunkport, Qatar
Weird after too many dinners out and a few beers I am up for the week 240 this morning, gotta get back on track. I've been pretty good with my work outs so at least there is a positive note and I start my training for my first marathon in 10 days, met with a coach last night. I'm excited to get going and hopefully that will really get the weight loss going, I am always so much better when I have a goal to shoot for.

2014-11-12 7:55 AM
in reply to: Mountaindan

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by Mountaindan Weird after too many dinners out and a few beers I am up for the week 240 this morning, gotta get back on track. I've been pretty good with my work outs so at least there is a positive note and I start my training for my first marathon in 10 days, met with a coach last night. I'm excited to get going and hopefully that will really get the weight loss going, I am always so much better when I have a goal to shoot for.
It is indeed easy to flounder around without a goal. What marathon are you going to do?

2014-11-12 9:36 AM

User image

Veteran
Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Well after some time off of this forum I am going to be back at it.  I need to be held accountable!  I am doing okay on MFP, and getting great workout's in but I am overeating.  I need to learn, to put it bluntly, to stop shoving so much food down the ole' pie hole. 

I have started some strength training recently as well, which is making me even more hungry.

I am going to weigh in tonight at the gym.  I know I'm not going to like it!  It's definitely in the mid 190's. 

2014-11-12 4:10 PM
in reply to: Justin86

Down .6lbs. Not much but after a weekend of family over and my sisters wedding I am happy. Glad all that craziness is done and hopefully I will catch up on sleep and get over this cold this week.
2014-11-12 7:23 PM
in reply to: nicroor

User image

Extreme Veteran
Nisbet, PA
Well, y'all were right. I did drop weight this week. (Oh all right, yes, my wife was right too. But don't tell her I admitted it.)

WW's weigh-in night. The training might actually be starting to pay off. I was down 4 pounds this week, 370.6.

I'm hoping that if I can hit my 50AP exercise goal I will finally break through that 370 barrier again.
2014-11-12 7:41 PM

User image

Veteran
Kennebunkport, Qatar

Originally posted by Mountaindan Weird after too many dinners out and a few beers I am up for the week 240 this morning, gotta get back on track. I've been pretty good with my work outs so at least there is a positive note and I start my training for my first marathon in 10 days, met with a coach last night. I'm excited to get going and hopefully that will really get the weight loss going, I am always so much better when I have a goal to shoot for.
It is indeed easy to flounder around without a goal. What marathon are you going to do?

I will be doing the Maine Coast Marathon, May 9th. It starts in Kennebunk and heads up the coast. Should be a good first, close to home and flat!

2014-11-12 8:24 PM
in reply to: leatherneckpa

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by leatherneckpa Well, y'all were right. I did drop weight this week. (Oh all right, yes, my wife was right too. But don't tell her I admitted it.) WW's weigh-in night. The training might actually be starting to pay off. I was down 4 pounds this week, 370.6. I'm hoping that if I can hit my 50AP exercise goal I will finally break through that 370 barrier again.

I predict you WILL hit that goal and your secret is safe with us

2014-11-12 8:25 PM
in reply to: Mountaindan

User image

Champion
Bronze member

Originally posted by Mountaindan

I will be doing the Maine Coast Marathon, May 9th. It starts in Kennebunk and heads up the coast. Should be a good first, close to home and flat!

That sounds beautiful... Flat is good, too.

2014-11-13 11:07 AM

User image

Red Deer, Alberta
Yay for you on your loss!! That's great!

I'm late weighing in - the past few weeks have been crazy, and it all culminated this past weekend when I accepted an offer to change jobs and move two provinces away!! It's great news, and a great job, but the next 8 weeks will be crazy as I get everything in order to make it happen.

That said, I did weigh in today and.... 139.8!!! Yippee!! Below 140. Now if only I can stay there.

Workouts last week were on point; this week I've been behind. I've missed two swims and a yoga class, and doubt I'll get any of them made up. Next week looks OK, then the end of the month means a ton of work related travel (both for the current job and the new one - two trips in one week). That week will be hard!

2014-11-13 5:13 PM
in reply to: lepfan72

User image

Elite
Lakewood, CO
Originally posted by lepfan72

• .. 139.8!!! Yippee!! Below 140.

• Way to Go
    2014-11-14 5:30 AM
    in reply to: lepfan72

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Nisbet, PA
    Originally posted by lepfan72 I accepted an offer to change jobs and move two provinces away!! It's great news, and a great job, but the next 8 weeks will be crazy as I get everything in order to make it happen.

That said, I did weigh in today and.... 139.8!!! Yippee!! Below 140. Now if only I can stay there.

Workouts last week were on point; this week I've been behind. I've missed two swims and a yoga class, and doubt I'll get any of them made up. Next week looks OK, then the end of the month means a ton of work related travel (both for the current job and the new one - two trips in one week). That week will be hard!

Congrats on the weight loss.
    Congrats on the new job.
    Don't forget YOU in all that craziness.
    From everything I've read, it is best not to try to "make up" missed workouts. You either pick up right where you left off, or you just drop the missed workouts from the program. Don't hurt yourself trying to be Superwoman!

2014-11-14 8:39 AM

User image

Great job lepfan!

Good workouts yesterday

Rode yesterday morning. Only 8 miles, but windchill was 17! Whith a 20mph wind. COLD!!!!

Then a good power sculpting workout last night. Had to make up for the enchiladas at lunch! Haha
    2014-11-14 10:22 AM

User image

Veteran
    Stevens Point, Wisconsin

First weigh in for me (a little behind you guys!)

I weighed in at 192.8 this morning.

2014-11-17 7:37 AM

User image

Champion
    Bronze member

Weigh in today. Not down, but not up either. I was good with my training,but not terribly good with portion size.

Goal this week, eat correct portions, and ramp up training.

2014-11-18 1:14 PM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Douglasville
    Hi

Ok so joining a week before thanksgiving...lol...better late than never...I'm Ali...I've been a Bt'er for many years. I did IM Florida in 2011. Then it all went pretty south. I'm consistent about working out. I did pretty well keeping my IM weight reasonable for a year or so then slowly but surely it crept back in. Last year April I was training for Tough Mudder and tore my meniscus. Surgery in June and now..whoo hoo..this past Saturday I ran a huge 2.5 miles outside for the very first time without the knee swelling up! yeah...sigh..that doctor who made me think I could come back in six weeks...He lied!!! I'm trying hard to work on nutrition as my 4th sport this year. In July, I started working a program to really look at my food issues...I'm a binger. Beer, tacos...it doesn't matter. So I'm working on it. Now that I am finally able to kinda run a tiny bit again I am back to looking at triathlon season 2015. The holidays are a hugely bad time for me. If I can just keep my current weight below 190 through Jan 2, 2015, I will be really proud of myself.

For me the nights and weekends are very bad. I'm trying to have lots of places I am accountable. Triathletes have always been my rock. I must be honest and say I believe that my knee injury was a direct result of training too hard with too much weight on. I know that to run and NOT get hurt I need to get below 172 by spring.

So I hope I can be helpful...I have lots of knowledge and very little ability to follow my own advice...

Here's todays tip from me...Need carbs for comfort? I find that mixing a cupful of roasted acorn squash with one or two table spoons of the really bad for you garlic instant mashed potatoes makes the whole pile taste like the really bad instant garlic mashed potatoes. BUT the acorn squash counts as a veggie and is waaaay better for you... Acorn squash: buy one..stick in over an hour at 350..cut in half scoop out seeds eat the rest..

Happy Thanksgiving!
    2014-11-18 5:27 PM
    in reply to: afrutoz

User image

Hi Alison, welcome to the thread. LOVE some acorn squash! Butternut too.

My tip....substitute spaghetti squash for spaghetti! It actually tastes pretty good!

Weigh in day....down 1 pound. Ran 5 miles today! Nonstop for first time in years!!

"If you can take it, you can make it!"

2014-11-19 8:11 AM

User image

Veteran
    Stevens Point, Wisconsin

Originally posted by Jcdyess Hi Alison, welcome to the thread. LOVE some acorn squash! Butternut too. My tip....substitute spaghetti squash for spaghetti! It actually tastes pretty good! Weigh in day....down 1 pound. Ran 5 miles today! Nonstop for first time in years!! "If you can take it, you can make it!"

Congratulations!  Sounds like a day of success!

11/14/14 - 192.811/19/14 - 190.8

Seems like a bit much for only 5 days.  But we all know how weight can fluctuate!  At least it's doing it in the right direction .  I ate pretty clean for the past week.  I am still trying to get better at logging EVERYTHING with MFP.  It is amazing how quickly you can go over you caloric intake.  Even on days with 10+ mile runs.

2014-11-19 9:02 AM

User image

Elite
    Lakewood, CO
    Another week washed away and scale not found this morning - don't have a good feel about it. I am believing I can finally get the ball rolling here the last 5 weeks and end up down
    2014-11-20 11:38 AM

User image

Extreme Veteran
    Douglasville
    Weighed in at 188 Wednesday. Trying to just feel controlled and eat a clean breakfast and lunch. Dinners I am trying to give myself slack but within reason...Just want to get through this next week without it feeling like a food and booze orgy. Nice interval run yesterday. I owe an hour on the bike for today. Cleaned my house all AM so I am counting that as my weights today. LOL
    2014-11-20 3:07 PM

User image

Red Deer, Alberta
    Jcdyess Down a pound? Congrats!

Justin86 down 2? Great job!

I'm up a little - the packing & moving has started already, so I missed more than just my swims last week, but, it's also a lot of bloat, so I'm OK with being back up to 141.7.

Highlight of the week so far - the swim coach I'm working with is super happy with the stroke corrections I'm making... good thing, because he's pricey! But it's working...

Next week is a ton of travel, so I'm trying to pre-plan better meal choices and pack snacks so as to not sabotage myself.
    New Thread
    General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Christmas Count Down/Drop Down Rss Feed  

of 8

RELATED POSTS

41 lbs down and counting!

Started by dfquigley
    Views: 1530 Posts: 3

2014-10-02 9:25 AM TRIING IN MY 40'S

Getting Down, Getting Down, Trying to ride the weight loss train to Kona

Started by vagus
    Views: 1304 Posts: 1

2012-04-30 10:44 AM vagus

Ah, so now we start counting down

Started by Julia123
    Views: 1246 Posts: 4

2010-02-14 1:30 PM Julia123

Blood Pressure Down

Started by hikergerb
    Views: 823 Posts: 3

2005-07-31 5:28 PM nuke_angel

Team Two - Down to Two Names.

Started by Shrike
    Views: 2471 Posts: 25

2005-01-14 12:09 AM ChrisM
    RELATED ARTICLES
    date : November 28, 2007
    author : mrakes1
    comments : 0
    Discussions on making better food choices, under or over-fueling, the 'write everything down' theory, sample meal template and cottage cheese substitutes.

date : September 16, 2007
    author : Team BT
    Bosu ball squats with bosu upside down stability ball exercise with picture and video.
    date : June 24, 2006
    Wrist Curl-Palm Down strength exercise instruction with picture and video.

date : June 18, 2006
    The lateral pulldown strength exercise instruction with picture and video
    date : September 3, 2005
    author : Jen Doyle
    Often athletes forget the fitness basics such as warm up and cool down. We know they are important, but we want to get into the meat of our workout without wasting time.

date : July 17, 2005
    author : Bill
    comments : 9
    Reflecting on the events in my life that led to my being waste deep in water wearing spandex with a latex cap over my freshly shaved head.
    date : September 1, 2004
    author : AskMrsBT
    "On a six-mile tempo run is the warm up and cool down miles"