Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor San Juan del Sur/Blood v. Water (SPOILERS) Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, the bear, DerekL, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2014-10-31 10:39 AM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member
Subject: RE: Survivor San Juan del Sur/Blood v. Water (SPOILERS)

I disagree with Jeremy's objections and I also think he's letting too much emotion show.  He stated out well with making friends, etc, but when his pack fell apart he didn't make any attempt to ingratiate himself.  Instead he's all angry and fed up.  I don't think this will last much longer for him.

Ultimately, other than the tarp, I don't think they had to give up anything really important.  They have the basics and need to learn to make do.  Apparently an extra cup of rice really helps (first three Hunahpu wins...), so I say they start going through that bag and eat twice as much as usual.  NOW they have more rice and less people/days.    In fact, it seems kind of smart now...

I was first thinking that few of Hunaphu stayed on Hunaphu, so it was not fair that the Coyopa peeps had to suffer their poor decisions.   However, it was split about 4/5 old/new.  In light of that, the 4 poeple who were on Hunaphu to begin with, really ended up with a lot of rice out of the deal.

Edited by BikerGrrrl 2014-10-31 10:40 AM

2014-11-01 2:03 PM
in reply to: BikerGrrrl

User image

Elite

Jeremy is pretty full of himself. Another guy that has it all figured out and everyone else is an idiot. Can't say I dislike him, but we'll see how far that gets him.

OK.... surely that had to be editing. I can't possibly imagine anyone falling for Dale's offer. Yes, maybe the dumb pretty people, but not the whole tribe. As usual, the drum up anticipation, but the vote goes exactly as expected.

"IF" it was real idol... who in their right mind does not play it, when they know they are next? Who then, promises NOT to play a "real" idol and give it to someone else as long as they don't vote them? I mean the whole thing makes no sense. It's all good Dale tried... but ya, I can't imagine any of them bought it off camera.

And I agree with Jeremy, it was silly to give up all the stuff for rice. But the fact remains.... who plays that badly and eats all their food? How many people have played this game now, and none seem to have lost their mind. Some have dumped food, but not ate it all. The whole thing is super silly.... and then the other members going over to the other tribe and eating their food.... wow. Bunch of lame brains.

At this point, I have no favorite. And it sort of strikes me that I don't care for any of them. There isn't any likable people really. Not monsters either.... but ya. Meh.

2014-11-06 9:48 AM
in reply to: powerman

Master
Memphis, TN
What was turning out to be a pretty good episode with people thinking about flipping the game turned out to be a "bust". You see what I did there?

I can't believe Julie quit. Did she really say that people don't approach her because she "takes care of herself"? Is she saying she's to hot and it's a disability in this game?

In the past Probst has gone pretty hard on people for quitting and he seemed to go pretty easy on her based on the edit.

Next week should be interesting for Josh and Jeremy.

2014-11-07 2:46 PM
in reply to: Jtiger

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Yeah, that episode stunk.  Julie is an idiot...1. for hoarding food and 2. for quitting.  I hate when people quit...makes me mad because I would have wanted that spot!

Early merge....I wonder how many jury there will be...Probst didn't say Julie was going to be on the jury...and all I kept thinking during their "talk" was that it seemed unfair to everyone else that she got to have that big of a discussion about quitting with him outside of a tribal setting....that's like having a confidant to help you make a decision...

2014-11-10 12:22 PM
in reply to: jldicarlo

Master
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by jldicarlo

Yeah, that episode stunk.  Julie is an idiot...1. for hoarding food and 2. for quitting.  I hate when people quit...makes me mad because I would have wanted that spot!

Early merge....I wonder how many jury there will be...Probst didn't say Julie was going to be on the jury...and all I kept thinking during their "talk" was that it seemed unfair to everyone else that she got to have that big of a discussion about quitting with him outside of a tribal setting....that's like having a confidant to help you make a decision...

When he has come out he's gone easy on people for quitting. I think it was last season when Cliff Robinson was voted out I think her name was Leslie quit and a season before when Colton quit he was obviously pissed at him. I guess it depends on the mood he's in at the time.

2014-11-10 1:03 PM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

Julie could have turned that food hoarding around if she was smart. All she had to do was convince them that she knew people would be starving and that it would really be good to eat something besides rice before a challenge!

And yeah, I can't stand anyone that quits on that show

2014-11-11 1:12 PM
in reply to: jford2309

User image

Elite

That has to be the lamest quit I ever saw. It's too hard, and I can't be away from my boyfriend. Wow. So lame. And ya, stealing food...  It might happen, but you can't be that obvious. Everyone was hungry and had a big feast, and nobody is going to leave anything behind.

Jeremy dodged a bullet. But now he is down. But he seems pretty arrogant. So what does he expect. It's not over though. Something could swing his way next week.

2014-11-13 7:06 AM

User image

Pro
Bartlett, TN

I hope Jaclyn stays on the beach for awhile! 

2014-11-13 10:00 AM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Probably a good move last night...Josh was popular, non-offensive, and a strategist.  Not a threat for immunity, but still a strong player.

Keith looks to be in trouble next week...if he doesn't figure out that they know he has an idol he's gonna be in a world of hurt.

But, sneaking around and looking in people's bags is a sure way to get yourself on the "enemy" list too...

I need to check out the ponderosa videos tonight.  I love ponderosa videos!

2014-11-13 10:32 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Am I the only one that thinks these players aren't nearly as good as they think they are?

Jon thinks he is in charge, that made me laugh. He is a vote for hire right now. I get that he was a college QB and is used to being in charge but Jeremy is in charge now. Then Jaclyn making a $1 million dollar decision because the beauty queen that is used to being the center of attention felt like nobody paid attention to her. The phone rings both ways. Get up and interact.

I still can't believe Baylor is there. That little twit needs her Mom to do everything for her whose claim to fame is failure at picking men.

Obviously I was pulling for Josh so the rest of the season better pick up quick or I might be not watching. This has been a pretty lack luster season so far. It's a concept that has been done and done MUCH better. Last season was much more interesting that this one.

It looks like Jeremy is in charge but that can all change in an instant.

Looking in other peoples bags is not cool. That is the one thing out there that is off limits and if they are doing that then those players don't respect the game.
2014-11-13 2:56 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by Jtiger Am I the only one that thinks these players aren't nearly as good as they think they are? Jon thinks he is in charge, that made me laugh. He is a vote for hire right now. I get that he was a college QB and is used to being in charge but Jeremy is in charge now. Then Jaclyn making a $1 million dollar decision because the beauty queen that is used to being the center of attention felt like nobody paid attention to her. The phone rings both ways. Get up and interact. I still can't believe Baylor is there. That little twit needs her Mom to do everything for her whose claim to fame is failure at picking men. Obviously I was pulling for Josh so the rest of the season better pick up quick or I might be not watching. This has been a pretty lack luster season so far. It's a concept that has been done and done MUCH better. Last season was much more interesting that this one. It looks like Jeremy is in charge but that can all change in an instant. Looking in other peoples bags is not cool. That is the one thing out there that is off limits and if they are doing that then those players don't respect the game.

Yeah, looking in bags definitely seems dirty.  I know it's been done before (China...they found the gravedigger's idols), but still...

Also, it says they find the CLUE to the idol in his bag...not the idol (which I think he said he keeps in his boot).  SERIOUSLY, Keith?  BURN THAT SHIZZLE!

2014-11-13 2:58 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Oh yeah, one more thing....

Cool that post-merge the idol is on exile...I mean, you have nothing better to do.  So now Jon and Keith have the idols, right?

Though it does make it harder to find the idol at camp when people are watching you.

2014-11-20 6:50 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Well that was a decent episode. Is this the moment where Jon and Jaclyn take control rather than being a swing vote between two alliances?

What is your take on going through peoples bags? I know it's a game for $1 million but there have to be some boundaries out there. That is probably your only spot of privacy considering the conditions. Keith should have burned the clue after he got the idol but I feel like the others crossed a line.

2014-11-20 1:53 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by Jtiger Well that was a decent episode. Is this the moment where Jon and Jaclyn take control rather than being a swing vote between two alliances? What is your take on going through peoples bags? I know it's a game for $1 million but there have to be some boundaries out there. That is probably your only spot of privacy considering the conditions. Keith should have burned the clue after he got the idol but I feel like the others crossed a line.

I know it's been done before...in China that is how they figured out James had two of them.  I don't agree with it.  And I think Reed only did it out of spite.  He was upset about Josh getting voted out and so he went on the offensive.

Everyone really messed up last night though...they failed to oust either idol and they totally could have.  They eliminated a big threat, but there are still two idols out there....

Should get good from here...

2014-11-20 1:55 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Almost forgot...I think giving up your reward is STUPID.  It's been proven time and time again in the past that doing good deeds never gets you anywhere...you just gave up your reward for someone who could turn around and immediately vote you out.  Stupid stupid stupid....

2014-12-01 12:56 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Interesting episode.  Amazing how many people were willing to step down for food.  Though, you never know how close they are to giving out...I mean, if I knew my hands or feet were about to give out I might opportunistically wait for food....

Good tribal...they managed to oust BOTH idols.  Poor Wes...no win for the Father/Son duo on that one though.  Jon owes Twinnie his loyalty...she totally called it and saved his butt.  Then he was all "I'm so glad I played that" vs. thanking her!  WTF???

Is anyone else having a hard time figuring out what the alliances are?  I'm a bit lost. :-D

2014-12-02 12:39 AM

User image

Elite

This season is weird. Here we are late into it and I honestly don't care about any of them. not that I hate the show, or them... but, meh.

This is odd in that there is no alliance. Everyone ids flipping on everyone. Which, in reality means, they are all playing. I think Wes had a better chance than his Dad... but odd man out. 

I'm glad the plan to get John out backfired. Not because I like John, but because it was funny. 

Solo Twinni is not that annoying. I seriously can't believe Taylor or her Mom is still there. So worthless.

With two idols flushed, this week should be interesting. Not sure if they will put both back in the game or just one. there has always been only two... but last week there were 3 live.

2014-12-02 2:48 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by powerman

This season is weird. Here we are late into it and I honestly don't care about any of them. not that I hate the show, or them... but, meh.

This is odd in that there is no alliance. Everyone ids flipping on everyone. Which, in reality means, they are all playing. I think Wes had a better chance than his Dad... but odd man out. 

I'm glad the plan to get John out backfired. Not because I like John, but because it was funny. 

Solo Twinni is not that annoying. I seriously can't believe Taylor or her Mom is still there. So worthless.

With two idols flushed, this week should be interesting. Not sure if they will put both back in the game or just one. there has always been only two... but last week there were 3 live.

Well, I think one idol was an "original" never found by the tribe on the beach where they now all live.  Someone had that clue so the producers couldn't exactly go dig it back up.  I guess maybe the plan was always to move the idol to exile so they had to put a third in play?  It's a shame Baylor knows about Solo Twinni's idol.  That is a bummer.

And you are right.  Solo Twinni isn't annoying.  In fact, I don't think she has made anyone made, she just saved Jon's butt, she is aligned with Baylor who isn't well liked, and she has an idol...watch out!

2014-12-04 7:15 PM

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Here's what I don't get about last night's Survivor...

They were *so* upset that they couldn't blindside Jon...WHY DIDN'T THEY GO AFTER HIS GIRLFRIEND INSTEAD???

You saw how bad he was after just a couple of days away from her...he would cave FAST if you took her away.  Stupid stupid stupid...they should have gone after her last night...break up the "swing couple"....

2014-12-05 6:45 AM

Master
Memphis, TN
Originally posted by jldicarlo

Here's what I don't get about last night's Survivor...

They were *so* upset that they couldn't blindside Jon...WHY DIDN'T THEY GO AFTER HIS GIRLFRIEND INSTEAD???

You saw how bad he was after just a couple of days away from her...he would cave FAST if you took her away.  Stupid stupid stupid...they should have gone after her last night...break up the "swing couple"....

I was saying the same thing watching that episode. That vote wasn't that hard. Natalie could have spared Alec and he would be in her pocket for at least the next vote and so would Keith.

How in the world is that brad Baylor still there. Reed just said what we were all thinking.

Jon had the opportunity to start running this game but he is thinking small time and not long game.

Was it just me or is Jaclyn not cut out for this game? I know that Jon was gone and she was ready to fill him in but it seemed like he was genuinely happy to see her and not be alone for 2 days.

Probably the next month I see a glass of wine I'm going to think of Jon and his dream of being a waiter. Errybody got a dream.
2014-12-05 11:59 AM

User image

Sensei
Sin City

I'm watching but not really invested in anyone.  At this point, maybe root for Jax for the win?

I guess we all think the same.  As soon as John won immunity, I would have gunned for Jax.  THAT would have heated things up a bit.  Just weird.  I think you need to break up the power couples since you know they would vote the same.  On second though, maybe not Missy and the daughter.  They seem to have very different way to play this game.

It would be interesting if a couple makes it to the final 3 and how they argue.  I wonder what the thought process would be for the jury.  Give it to the odd man/woman out or figure if you give the million to one of the people in the couple, it's sort of like giving it to both?

2014-12-11 7:23 AM
in reply to: Kido

Master
Memphis, TN
#blindside

Wow what an episode. I really thought they were going to take the easy vote and vote out Missy since she is hurt pretty bad. Natelie is here to play and she seems to be peaking at the right time. Keith is still hanging around.

I can't wait to see Jaclyn go insane next week since things aren't going perfectly for her.

I wonder if Jon left with the idol in his pocket or she knows where it is stashed.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that each contestant must at least participate in the challenges unless someone is set out on a team event to balance the teams.

If that is the case, is Missy DQ'd? I get that she is injured but I wonder if that will be an issue.
2014-12-12 9:01 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Champion
Evergreen, Colorado

Originally posted by Jtiger #blindside Wow what an episode. I really thought they were going to take the easy vote and vote out Missy since she is hurt pretty bad. Natelie is here to play and she seems to be peaking at the right time. Keith is still hanging around. I can't wait to see Jaclyn go insane next week since things aren't going perfectly for her. I wonder if Jon left with the idol in his pocket or she knows where it is stashed. I thought I remember reading somewhere that each contestant must at least participate in the challenges unless someone is set out on a team event to balance the teams. If that is the case, is Missy DQ'd? I get that she is injured but I wonder if that will be an issue.

Well, if she has to participate she can at least crawl...but I think they have to be medically cleared for challenges...if medical says no, but won't pull them from the game, then I think they are OK.

Yeah, should be fun watching Jax fall apart now. :D

Edit:  I am sure Jon has the idol in his pocket...you take the idol to tribal..you do.  And I'm sure once you are voted out you cannot hand the idol to someone....

Edited by jldicarlo 2014-12-12 9:02 PM
2014-12-16 3:18 PM

User image

Champion
, Minnesota
Bronze member

I'm thrilled with how things are going.  Natalie is playing exactly how I wish I would play if I were on the show.  So fun to watch!

I was thinking about Jon and the idol, too. It would have been really smart for Jaclyn to have held it for him until he was ready to play it.  I would do that in the future if I was more likely to be voted out AND had a trustworthy partner.  In his Ponderosa video the first thing he says, I think, is basically "why didn't I play the idol?"  D'oh!

2014-12-17 7:34 PM

User image

Elite
Originally posted by jford2309

I hope Jaclyn stays on the beach for awhile! 

Oh my LAWD! yes!

I don't think the Survivor beach has ever had a body like hers grace it. Simply fantastic.

On a non-body-centric take on the show: as long as Missy and/or Baylor don't win, I'll be a happy man.
I like Keith.
I like Jaclyn.
I like Natalie.
I do not like Missy and Baylor.
(just my 2 cents)

New Thread
Other Resources My Cup of Joe » Survivor San Juan del Sur/Blood v. Water (SPOILERS) Rss Feed  

of 3

RELATED POSTS

Survivor: Blood vs. Water Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6

Started by Jtiger
Views: 11243 Posts: 132

2014-08-13 10:49 AM BikerGrrrl

Honeymoon in San Juan...where to stay?

Started by triguynewbie
Views: 839 Posts: 4

2011-03-01 6:26 PM Cuetoy

Surfing Lessons in San Juan?

Started by kziemer
Views: 593 Posts: 1

2010-06-01 12:12 PM kziemer

Survivor 4/23-SPOILERS

Started by David tri's
Views: 975 Posts: 17

2009-04-24 7:28 PM StMaas

Survivor 4/16/09 SPOILER

Started by Fatdoggy
Views: 924 Posts: 6

2009-04-20 9:56 PM BellinghamSpence
RELATED ARTICLES
date : April 18, 2013
author : alicefoeller
comments : 0
BT amateurs compete in San Diego race on the world stage.

date : May 25, 2011
author : debihake
comments : 14
Overcoming many injuries, cancer and FEAR to compete in a triathlon