General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike technique: focusing on two legs at once? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 2

2014-09-30 3:01 PM
in reply to: Sidney Porter

User image

Pro
Vancouver, BC
Subject: RE: Bike technique: focusing on two legs at once?

Originally posted by Sidney Porter  If you look at track riders they still use toe clips and straps because it is less likely to accidentially become unhooked.  

You're right. It's mostly track sprinters though. And they are using clipless pedals and straps, not cages like you see people using when they aren't using clipless pedals. I've pulled my pedal on standing starts before.

2014-09-30 7:48 PM
in reply to: 0

User image

Veteran
Holy crap I have never seen rollers before, that seems perfect for me as I am so damned unstable in my tri bike.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WCUN7-nezQ

I use the indoor trainer where I am locked in, and I have actually fallen off THAT!

Rollers seem really tricky good for balance and steadiness....thanks for the tip.

Edited by neuronet 2014-09-30 7:49 PM
2014-09-30 8:02 PM
in reply to: neuronet

User image

Veteran
Good example of the kind of thing people are saying to NOT listen to (which I have been listening to):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjdSJ-YrCcM

Note the sufferfest video doesn't actually say to use hip flexors to pull up, they just talk about unweighting on the upstroke. But they do recommend the 'scraping gum off shoe' thing at 6 o clock.
2014-09-30 8:04 PM

User image

Veteran
Good example of the kind of thing people are saying to NOT listen to (which I have been listening to):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FjdSJ-YrCcM

Note the sufferfest video doesn't actually say to use hip flexors to pull up, they just talk about unweighting on the upstroke. But they do recommend the 'scraping gum off shoe' thing at 6 o clock.

Or this, with its heavy emphasis on one-legged drills...
http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/cms/article-detail.asp?articleid=...

It's enough to make me really confused.
2014-09-30 8:37 PM

Master
Northern IL

The scraping motion helps to visualize the motion some, to help get the idea of going to or through the bottom, but it's kind of exaggerated. People often stop short, say like 5:00 or so. This just helps to get the idea of going a bit farther for a better transfer to the other leg.

New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Bike technique: focusing on two legs at once? Rss Feed  

of 2

RELATED POSTS

Resources for swimming drills (focus on technique)

Started by Noonievut
Views: 848 Posts: 4

2012-06-07 12:29 PM JohnnyKay

Heavy bike focus on two bikes - thoughts?

Started by LostSheep
Views: 879 Posts: 12

2012-02-16 4:33 PM lmwel

Two bike/run legs.

Started by steveseer
Views: 563 Posts: 5

2008-04-02 10:42 AM ADollar79

Bike leg mount / dismount techniques

Started by matthewjt
Views: 878 Posts: 3

2007-08-23 8:32 AM Brett

Swimming Focus- Technique or endurance?

Started by Adam P
Views: 1258 Posts: 10

2006-11-27 8:35 AM Jens
RELATED ARTICLES
date : August 4, 2009
author : EnduranceFilms
comments : 1
Learn essential triathlon transition techniques for various ability levels. Includes wetsuit removal and several bike mounting techniques.

date : May 5, 2008
author : marmadaddy
comments : 26
Men! Need to find out the best way to shave your legs? This video will compare 6 different leg shaving products to show male triathletes how to shave their legs.
date : April 21, 2008
author : mikericci
comments : 0
Do you have jerky one leg drills? Learn about this drill along with several tips and workouts to start improving your pedaling technique.

date : December 8, 2006
author : acbadger
This is the time of year where you focus on your ‘weakest’ event and practice your drills, techniques, form, etc. Here I list some BT training plan options to get you through the off-season.
date : October 23, 2006
author : mikericci
This program is for a second year or greater athlete who wants to improve their bike. The athlete must be able to bike for at least 1:30 hours and should be able to complete 4-5 weekly bike sessions.

date : September 2, 2004
author : Michael
Sometimes life just isn’t fair! We all have situations come up from time to time that test our dedication to triathlon training.
comments : 1
I take for granted getting to train and how fortunate I am to have the health that I have. Life…it doesn’t seem fair and it’s not always fair.

I had a great experience being a volunteer, but used the time to educate myself on anything that could allow me to have a better race or pass something on to the readers at BT.