General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Varicose Veins and Calf Pain Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-09-29 11:39 PM

User image

Subject: Varicose Veins and Calf Pain
OW!! My left calf hurts. I developed a varicose vein a few years in my left leg. This big ugly ropey looking thing. Sometimes it hurts, sometimes it doesn't. Does anyone else on here deal with this issue and have some advice to share?

And the pointer of staying off my feet for a few days doesn't apply. I work in hospitality and walk an average of 4 to 9 miles everyday of work, 5 to 7 days a week...

2014-10-02 12:10 PM
in reply to: S_Franklin99

User image

Brooklyn, New York
Subject: RE: Varicose Veins and Calf Pain
Compression socks help the back of my right knee/calf. These dang things are genetic in my family, I can definitely see myself going to get them treated one day. They're so aggravating and embarrassing especially if you are in good shape
2015-06-10 11:34 PM
in reply to: S_Franklin99

Subject: RE: Varicose Veins and Calf Pain
I understand what you go through. I developed varicose vein after my pregnancy. When I walk for a few miles, my calf hurts. I have run all my life and now I'm worried that if I start running again, it would just make the condition worse. I dont think there are any home remedies which we could try to get rid of them. Seeking medical help would be the only option I guess.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » Varicose Veins and Calf Pain Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Shin Splints/Calf Pain/Knee Pain ????

Started by clarkka7
Views: 3895 Posts: 6

2008-03-04 4:38 PM clarkka7

Medial Tibia Calf pain

Started by dexter
Views: 1027 Posts: 1

2005-11-08 9:36 PM dexter

Varicose Veins

Started by davecarter
Views: 2420 Posts: 8

2005-11-09 8:12 PM southernaquagoddess

Calf Swelling and Tendon pain

Started by treiks813
Views: 1042 Posts: 3

2005-05-13 12:03 AM Jesse Cox

calf pain

Started by gullahcracker
Views: 1083 Posts: 4

2005-04-04 12:32 PM gullahcracker
RELATED ARTICLES
date : January 20, 2014
author : AMSSM
comments : 0
I started my journey this month to lose weight with a goal of 100 pounds and completing three sprint triathlons. My beginning weight was 321 and it is now down to 307.

date : July 2, 2013
Deep calf pain can be a tricky problem to deal with, and it’s appropriate that you are paying attention to this pain before it becomes a more debilitating injury.
date : March 23, 2011
What could be causing the pain on the top of the foot at the toes? Here are some easy ways to find the cause and possibly end the pain.

date : August 5, 2010
comments : 4
Calf pain can have multiple causes. In your case, the most likely cause seems to be from a calf muscle strain. If you have had Achilles problems you can be predisposed to a calf injury.
date : August 22, 2009
I'm experiencing tightness and pain in my calf muscles including my left achilles tendon. The tendons seem to really stiffen when sitting or sleeping. I'm not doing anything new.

date : March 19, 2009
Would getting the veins fixed have any potential triathlon performance implications? Is there anything else I should be doing for them when I swim/bike/run?
date : January 5, 2009
I have a pain deep in my calf about five inches below the knee. A sports doctor did not feel anything wrong in the muscle, and there was no bruising. The tender spot can still be felt on massage.

date : June 21, 2006
author : Team BT
Standing Calf Raises strength exercise instruction with picture and video.