General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What is your ultimate goal? Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply

of 3

2014-11-06 9:30 PM
in reply to: Martine1975

User image

Subject: RE: What is your ultimate goal?
I have put a lot of thought into this question over the last three years. At one point it was to lose 80 pounds and no longer be obese. Along the way there were several other goals I doubted I could ever accomplish, run a mile, then a 5k, 10k, half marathon, and a full marathon. Those goals have now been accomplished and while there is a great sense of accomplishment, it has inspired me to dream bigger. As much as I love endurance sports and learning new skills, doing well in those sports are not a part of the goal. For me, its about inspiring people to get off the couch, start making small changes to their diet, try something new, step out of their comfort zone! Its about high fives to those running their first 5k, or just showing up at a local triathlon a couple of months ago and saying "can I help?". My ultimate goal is to have a positive impact on the lives of as many people as I can and have fun and challenge myself along the way! From here on out, whether it be going from 50k to a 100 miler, my first triathlon to Kona, I will never say I cant. Only that I haven't yet.

2014-11-06 10:33 PM
in reply to: LukeBoswell

User image

Groton, New York
Subject: RE: What is your ultimate goal?
My ultimate goal...that is fairly easy. Lake Placid Ironman before I am 40. I just happened to be up there the day before the race three years ago and I was amazed when I found out the distances the racers were going. I love the Adirondacks and I decided I want Lake Placid to be my Ironman goal. The next spring I did my first spring triathlon followed by an Olympic distance tri that summer. I followed it up again this year with the same two races, improving on both, and also ran my first marathon this year. Next year I'll be signing up for my first half-ironman distance race, and I plan to do the same marathon race again to try to clean it up a bit. I figure the year after next I'll probably do a couple more half-ironman races and fine tune them and the year after that, I'll sign up for Lake Placid. Along the way I have been working on shaving off some pounds as well. I pretty quickly lost about 25 this summer and I have just sort of leveled out. Hoping to lose another 25 but I have a feeling it will take a lot more focus to shave the remaining weight off.
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » What is your ultimate goal? Rss Feed  

of 3