General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I ordered my first Tri bike yesterday! Rss Feed  
Moderators: k9car363, alicefoeller Reply
2014-10-03 8:21 AM

User image

Atlanta, Georgia
Subject: I ordered my first Tri bike yesterday!
I was looking at a Cervelo P3, BMC TM02, Shiv Expert, and Blue Triad EX Di2. All of these bikes would fit me & all were in my price range. I have been overanalyzing the decision for months to the point of talking myself in & out of each bike.

I finally sat down & did a side by side comparison of all components, advantages, and disadvantages. When looking at the bikes in what ultimately became a blind taste test, it became pretty clear which one I should go with, so yesterday I pulled the trigger on a 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2. My LBS ordered it & should have it next week & with any luck, I will be able to take it out on her first ride next weekend.

Pics to follow when she gets delivered.

2014-10-03 9:56 AM
in reply to: Meathead

Subject: RE: I ordered my first Tri bike yesterday!
Congrats, that is exciting! Pretty sick bike!!!
2014-10-03 9:58 AM

, Wisconsin
Originally posted by Meathead

I was looking at a Cervelo P3, BMC TM02, Shiv Expert, and Blue Triad EX Di2. All of these bikes would fit me & all were in my price range. I have been overanalyzing the decision for months to the point of talking myself in & out of each bike.

I finally sat down & did a side by side comparison of all components, advantages, and disadvantages. When looking at the bikes in what ultimately became a blind taste test, it became pretty clear which one I should go with, so yesterday I pulled the trigger on a 2015 Blue Triad EX Di2. My LBS ordered it & should have it next week & with any luck, I will be able to take it out on her first ride next weekend.

Pics to follow when she gets delivered.

Congrats! I went through a similar, months long process in purchasing a new road bike this summer. Based on my experience, I predict you will absolutely love your new bike and really enjoy it. Looking forward to pics, I little jealous of the Di2
2014-10-03 3:13 PM

User image

Pro

you will tire of trying to explain to everyone that hasn't experienced it... how nice it is to have Di2.

it's a good problem to have.

2014-10-03 3:19 PM
in reply to: morey000

User image

Atlanta, Georgia
What's funny is that I am coming from zero experience with manual shifting. I did this season on a 20 year old MTB with trigger shifters. I've never owned a road bike or a tri bike. So I really will have nothing to compare it to either!
2014-10-03 9:08 PM

User image

Originally posted by Meathead

What's funny is that I am coming from zero experience with manual shifting. I did this season on a 20 year old MTB with trigger shifters. I've never owned a road bike or a tri bike. So I really will have nothing to compare it to either!

enjoy your new bike; on my first tri, I used a Townie cruiser, hoping to upgrade by Christmas, maybe get an early gift from Santa before my second tri sometime in the early part of December

2014-10-04 12:52 PM

User image

Regular
Pueblo, Colorado
Can't speak to a Di2 set up, but I do have a Blue Triad SP (2011) that is a blast to ride. Riding in aero can take some getting used to, but worth it. Enjoy!
2014-10-04 10:02 PM
in reply to: #5056466

User image

New user
Sanford, Florida
Awesome bike!
2014-10-19 12:31 PM

User image

New user
Green Bay, WI
Hey meathead, you you liking the Triad. I'm contemplating upgrading my P2 to the same exact bike. Seams like a great ride for the money with DI2. My only concern is nobody around me has one to try...or even see for that matter. I have a little concern about the stem setup since I haven't been fit for that specific bike and it sound like not much adjustability native to the aerobars setup.
2014-10-19 5:32 PM
in reply to: Nussy

User image

Atlanta, Georgia
Originally posted by Nussy

Hey meathead, you you liking the Triad. I'm contemplating upgrading my P2 to the same exact bike. Seams like a great ride for the money with DI2. My only concern is nobody around me has one to try...or even see for that matter. I have a little concern about the stem setup since I haven't been fit for that specific bike and it sound like not much adjustability native to the aerobars setup.

Go check out the pics I just posted. If you want to see anything specifically with the aerobars, let me know. Also, let me know if you have any questions.

http://www.beginnertriathlete.com/discussion/forums/thread-view.asp...
New Thread
General Discussion Triathlon Talk » I ordered my first Tri bike yesterday! Rss Feed  
RELATED POSTS

Watched my first (in person) tri yesterday - observations/questions

Started by bwalling
Views: 1807 Posts: 15

2011-05-02 9:50 PM Lopadrino79

Finished my first tri yesterday (did better than expected)

Started by BrianK
Views: 853 Posts: 10

2009-09-14 12:06 PM mrbbrad

Did my first tri yesterday!!!! Pages: 1 2

Started by Amanda M
Views: 1881 Posts: 27

2009-04-22 9:10 AM nuttysami123

Ordered 'em up yesterday .......

Started by Daremo
Views: 1384 Posts: 19

2006-03-05 5:58 PM TH3_FRB

First tri yesterday!!!!!!!!1

Started by cangirl
Views: 797 Posts: 13

2004-08-09 2:51 PM DoubleDown
RELATED ARTICLES
date : July 18, 2012
author : Khorwohock
comments : 14
I have always wanted to do a triathlon to keep myself fit, and now I had my chance.

date : August 11, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 1
Dean from Fitwerx answers a BT member question about what kind of bike should be the "next bike."
date : April 12, 2011
author : FitWerx
comments : 0
How should I be shifting gears on the front chainring and the rear cogs to cope with hills?

date : April 13, 2010
author : kcowart
comments : 11
I have always been an athlete, growing up playing team sports like basketball and soccer. I also ran in a couple of 10K races every year, so I had no reason to worry about running a 5K...right?
date : August 13, 2008
author : eschmits
comments : 2
After I left the running store, I couldn't stop thinking about the sprint tri and how much of a challenge it would be for me. So instead of joining a gym, I started riding my bike and it felt great.

date : October 9, 2007
author : She-Ra
comments : 12
I never imagined that 350 yards broken down into 7 REALLY long lanes would be so big! I gasped out loud and told Grady that maybe I had underestimated the swim.
date : February 7, 2007
author : Angie M
comments : 4
In the past 18 months, I have delivered two babies, had meningitis, broken my pelvis, had two surgeries, worked full time, AND completed my first triathlon!

date : September 3, 2005
author : aloufan
comments : 0
I couldn't believe that my splits kept getting lower! I started to run harder after I passed the "5 km" sign and picked a few people that I wanted to pass.